1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Another van attack

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Kempton, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

In Barcelona. 13 dead and 80 injured. Can't post links with my phone.
    Sickening...

2. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

It's been going on since around 4PM, I've had Sky News on in the background.....
    I've got a friend taking their little lad to Barcelona and the Nou Camp this week, not sure what day, hope to god it wasn't today.
    Sadly these events are not going to stop anytime soon.

3. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

We have close friends who live in Barcelona.
    They have locked themselves indoors a real fear that is felt throughout the City.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

It will be radical Hindus.

5. JoelTheTiger

JoelTheTiger Well-Known Member

Saw as well that a few hours before the attack a car/van ran over two police officers at a checkpoint in Barcelona. It's such a shame that you can't live or work in your city or go on holiday freely without fear of something like this happening...

6. Amin Yapusi

You can, just don't be a pussy.

7. NaNaNa

NaNaNa Active Member

Are you joking or what?! Dont be a pussy!!? Like in 2017 you should have to prove you're a ****ing big man by sticking 2 fingers up at absolute maniacs that give zero ****s about you and your life and you say; "don't be a pussy" like that makes you some sort of Green Street hooligan. You sound like a twat.

People have died today. They didn't die because they failed to stand up for themselves. They died because a **** in a van drove into them.

8. SimonGraysJacket

All you can do is get on with your everyday lives.
    However, there are precautions you can take, and I am very serious about this and drilled it into family and friends.....
    If you are going to a concert or venue you are not familiar with, i.e. in a different UK city or abroad, just take a few minutes when you get there to familiarise yourself with where the emergency exits are in case of a fire or a terror incident.
    If in a large bar/restaurant in a major tourist area, where are the toilets, where is a place of safety if you need to take cover.
    When in major tourist areas and walking by roads, ensure you are walking with the traffic on your side approaching you head on, not coming up from behind you, at least you have a chance to see what's coming if some **** tries to mount the pavement.

These little things may seem a bit over the top, but take just a minute or so, and you can then get on and enjoy the rest of your holidays/days out.

**** the terrorists, but always have an escape plan in mind.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  9. SimonGraysJacket

Listening to two gobshites on Sky about bringing regulations in to make it more difficult for people to hire vans, we should question them about why they want a van.......do they not realise with the size of most large family cars the effects could be just as devastating with car.......

10. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Logisitcally , no matter where you are in the world, you cannot account for some Cnut being beside you with a backpack or driving a vehicle. That unfortunately, tragically is a fact.

SimonGraysJacket likes this.

11. SimonGraysJacket

I agree, but there are some little things you can do that will hopefully help in an emergency, i.e. know which way the exits are in an unfamiliar building etc.
    The fact that we are having this debate is sad to the extreme.

12. Amin Yapusi

Nobody said they died because they failed to stand up for themselves.

13. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Some expert said the other day, this type of attack will continue for at least the next 25 years... That the main target of hatred is the USA shows how this Shengen agreement and the Open border regimes have led to many of these atrocities. These loons haven't yet collated strategies for Trumpville ...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  14. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

For once I agree with you. That wasn't what you wrote at all.

15. Barchullona

Their main target of hate is anybody. Including, in fact, very high on the list, other Muslims.

16. Barchullona

Obviously too early to postulate but possibly some awful right wingers.

17. Kempton

I'd say that expert is very wrong. This **** will never end. It's the nature of the beast. It's a religious thing, we don't understand them and they don't understand us. We're light years away from seeing eye to eye.

These ****ing idiots know they're going to die or loose their freedom and they're still prepared to do it.

We are only prepared to die to protect our own and we will do that, but only because we instinctively know it is right. Not because some ****ing none existent God told us to.

Religion is ****ing bollocks. Those who 'believe' are the very problem. The belief they have in Allah is absolute. They believe as much in their God as you believe you breath air.

Anyone who thinks that they wouldn't carry out such atrocities if we didn't bomb their homelands is way wrong.

Mods, feel free to put me on the naughty step.

Apologies? No.

18. Kempton

Real Muslims <peacedove>

19. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

I don't understand any of it - all I know you're either with one or the other

20. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Whenever I go somewhere popular/ public, I do look around and think "ok if something was to happen, armed men or whatever, what would I do, where are the exits" but other than that there's absolutely no reason to let it affect you. The chances of you being one of those 13 or 100 injured are realistically incredibly slim.

My best friend was in a plane flying to barcelona when it happened. Had he booked his flight yesterday, he could very well have been on that street at that time but he could also have been one of thetens of thousands who had walked that street unscatched.

So in the grand scheme of things, you're still more likely to die in a car accident than a terrorist attack. It won't help others but it helps me not let these ****ing ****s affect my life choices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.