1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are we going back to our roots with AR

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds60, Dec 13, 2017.

1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

When Harry Reynolds appointed Don it was a time when we were going through yet another bad patch.Managers were coming and going I remember Lampkin and the guy they got from QPR Jack Taylor
    The only thing that was consistent was our poor results .We had very little money I seem to remember Harold Brook was our most expensive signing and he cost£600 from Sheff U
    This was the position when Don who had arrive the season before season but sadly in the twilight of his career
    Don asked Harry to write him a CV as he wanted to apply for the Bournemouth job as he wrote the CV Harry thought what am I thinking off why not appoint him player manager here .So by sheer luck we got our man!
    At first results if anything was worse the critics probably Glories Dad were out with their knives at Easter that year we were in a relegation battle and had to get points against Bury who we played twice over the Easter period.Don tried to bribe the Bury team whose manager was Bob Stokoe Yes thee Bob Stokoe whose Sunderland team beat us at Wembley no wonder he went mad .Well Stokoe found out about it and was NOT very happy naturally and Don got away with it
    Eventually we escaped relegation but something had to change .Remember we had no money so Don got some cash together and went up to Scotland and brought back some very special youngsters the Gray brothers Lorimer Jim Macalliog
    He then bought some experienced players such as Bobby Collins Bill Mcadams to help these fledgling stars
    He then found Sprake ReaneyHunter Cooper and converted Bremner into a mid field dynamo and Jack Charlton into a proper CB
    THE turning point came at Swansea away when 6 youngsters were played and we won 2-0 this was the start of the Revie plan
    I think what AR is trying to emulate this again but we know that talent is not in Scotland any,more so we are going global .If this ploy comes off to me it will be history repeating itself M,O,T,I wish him well and have my fingers crossed we could be on the start of a great new history at our great club
    I hope so

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

A good read and much though I would like lightening to strike twice I just don't see it.
    Rad is no Harry Reynolds, Leslie Silver or Bill Fotherby and TC is not fit to lick the boots of Revie, Wilko and to a lesser extent O'Leary.

Time will tell.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems the only talent in Scotland these days is the 16yo who started for hearts last night, they won 2-0 and the kid got both assists.

When Gray, Lorimer etc arrived they were put into the team fairly quick, but we have players who are not trusted, tested or given minutes. Cibicki was needed as we never had a striker oh the bench but it worked. Tommy has half of the players he brought in sat on their arses not even on the bench mostly. I do admit however that todays young players are not as hungry as yesteryear when they were paid shillings, nowadays a shyte player is paid thousands each week for not playing. Overseas players take time to bed in so many say, but remember back in the day Scotland wasnt a 2 hour train ride it was a full days travel so seemed farther than an overseas player today.

For me we need to see the fruits of Ortas plan, if not he was wrong

Farsleyexile likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Chippy dont forget that Manny Couzins was in the seat before Silver and a bigger cnut never walked the streets of Leeds. I worked for him and will never forget his arrogant stuck up bitch of a wife who followed me around her house talking to me like I was something from her cotton farm is the Southern States. What a shyte she was.

5. Chippy / Glory

Manny gave me my first ever freebie ticket. My mum worked for them and the pair of them epitomized stereo typical Jewish traits.
    I knew Grandma Rakuson (the bakers) when they were involved with Leeds and Barnsley and they were as different again.

Doc likes this.
  6. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A great read Mike

7. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

We can hope.

8. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

A good read and perhaps you are right, I hope so. One of the ingredients missing at the moment though is "He then bought some experienced players such as Bobby Collins Jim Mcadams to help these fledgling stars"

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  9. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

We had Browneh

Whitejock likes this.
  10. leeds60

I dont know about Fotherby I personally couldn't stand the man and OLeary spent over 100m on what?

11. leeds60

Thank You I always look forward to your daily bulletin

Farsleyexile likes this.
  12. leeds60

Moe Aunt was Rakusens nanny

13. w.c.dukenfieldesq

w.c.dukenfieldesq Well-Known Member

Does that make you a distant relative of Chippy?

14. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

haha Glory's dad ... spot on

Radz is God

Eireleeds1 and lifecheshirewhite like this.
  15. Chippy / Glory

Oi.. Dont you fecking start.

w.c.dukenfieldesq likes this.
  16. Chippy / Glory

shut it

17. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Radz has a plan in place, there's no doubting that ... he also understands that there needs to be stability and a solid setup off the pitch ... he bought ER to show everyone he is serious, and that Leeds are now a financially stable club with sound leadership plotting the course

for the plan to bear fruit Leeds need to get back to the Prem asap ... the biggest difference in the Revie era was that players mostly earned similar money, so club loyalty was more prevalent ... clubs didn't have billions and couldn't afford 30 full time pros on their books ... today clubs sign players for fun on huge wages and have no problem paying someone £30,000 a week to play 9 games over 4 seasons ... Chelsea have something like 50 fcuking players out on loan ffs, and that's just plain wrong

if Leeds don't make it to the Prem by end of next season latest, our talented players will get hoovered up by Prem clubs ... think about it, we lost Taylor to Burnley for £6m and he's on the bench there ... Cook to Bournemouth for £6m and same situation ... seriously, £6m is Bournemouth's fcuking gate money for a season yet they can afford to shell it out without blinking on "potential" ... the English game has now become so lopsided in favour of the Prem clubs that it's starting to tear away the fabric of the sport ... clubs like Southampton, Everton, Palace and WBA sack good managers at the slightest hint of sand in their eyes, and their supporters start demanding "total football" ... clubs in the Championship keep losing their best talent to sh1t clubs in the Prem and are forced to rebuild just when they start to get it right

if the Prem existed in its current evil form in Revie's day, most of that legendary squad would have been poached by the big money clubs

Radz is God

Eireleeds1, davy, FORZA LEEDS and 3 others like this.
  18. leeds60

Is that the same Fotherby who sacked the lady running the souvenir shop on 17k wages to replace her with his son on £150k

19. lifecheshirewhite

<laugh> <applause>

20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Shyte mostly