1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Are your defenders ready...?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Polo, Jan 22, 2013.

1. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Who's the tip to overtake them?

2. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Leicester will be the most likely, Hull could but I doubt it. Middlesborough have the capability of hitting good form but they may be too far away

I'd go with Leicester, they seem unstoppable at the moment

3. leeds down south

Yeah i feel Leicester are definitely the main contenders after the way Chris Wood has settled in their and continued to hit the back of the net. Leicester have to go to Cardiff though (could be vital).

However Cardiff end the season at Hull in May.

4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Cardiff could easily lose the next 3 games

Leeds, while we have not been playing well have won 6 home games on the trot which include wins over Leicester, Crystal Palace and Middlesborough. Elland road is becoming a harder place to go to and who knows, if we beat Spurs we could regain some confidence

Huddersfield are very strong going forward and can score a decent amount against anyone, another seemingly tough away fixture for Cardiff

And then leicester, while in wales it will still be a very tough game. Leicester are very strong at the minute and as you say with how well Wood has settled in there they could easily lose this game as well.

Also, I don't even feel as though they have that fantastic a squad. Yes they have certain players that are great but I wouldn't say they are the strongest in the league

5. leeds down south

Yeah you can't underestimate coming to Leeds given the run we are on. Oppositely Huddersfield's league form is that bad (12 without a win) they will be desperate for 3 points and they did well against them in the opener on Sky back in August. Also Leicester completely outplayed Cardiff recently and were very unlucky to lose. However that's the Championship and the same applies to all games/teams (a struggling Barnsley beating Leeds, plus the Posh ending Cardiff's 100% home record, etc).

I thought their squad was average last season, yet they still finished in the playoffs and came within a penalty kick of winning the League Cup. Adding Mutch, Bellamy, Helguson, Smith, Noone, Connolly and the South Korean has certainly improved them massively. Unfortunate with Maynard getting injured, but now they've brought in Campbell so should give them another option.

Add in a good young manager and i reckon they've what it takes to maintain their current form.

6. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

Ah seeing as you're certain, you might aswell put your life savings on it. With those odds you could win upwards of £3.

7. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How the fck can you guarantee it? What an idiotic comment.

<applause> <applause>.........Brilliant deduction.

We could also win our next three games or even draw them. Then again Leicester and Hull could stumble. Who knows? - we'll see.

All we can say is we're 10 points clear of everyone right now and we're not counting chickens just yet, but I'd rather be where we are than where you are. <ok>

8. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

We were in the same position in a less competitive league one. You have a habit of poor second half of the season. Don't count your chickens just yet

9. Polo

Polo Member

Are you really that thick?

10. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Really? Who do you think will win it?

Surely they can't throw away a 10 point lead at this stage of the season?

EDIT: Sorry, should read the whole thread before I reply...

11. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

If anyone knows about throwing away leads its definitely Cardiff

12. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Sorry guys, but people who rely on history to form an assessment of the present, generally have no grasp of the real facts.

You clearly have no understanding that this is not the club of the past half dozen years to which you refer. New owners, new manager and staff, and 20 new players replacing the ones you refer to as previous failures to get over the line.

Totally agree we're not over it yet, but anyone waiting to gloat over us "bottling" it again this year could be in for a big disappointment.

Like I said before, right now we are where we are, and you are where you are. We can only call it as it is - that's top of the Championship for us and you're 19 points adrift.

13. Polo

Polo Member

This.

14. The-Don

You keep telling yourselfs that

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

OK, we will mate. <ok>

You keep telling yourselves the opposite because you'd love to see us fail. One of us will have a face like a smacked arse come May.

At the moment, it looks like I'll be giving you a call - "Hello arseface".............<laugh>

16. Polo

Polo Member

I'm certain it'll be another Championship season of "We nearly got into the Play-Offs this year" for Leeds.

Enjoy it :biggrin:

17. The-Don

Either way you are still a small club with a small club mentality hence why you are over here telling us how good you are.

Notice how you only do it to considerably bigger clubs than yourselfs

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

<laugh><laugh>.....Classic "big club" syndrome again. My God, you fall into the trap so easily.

Get a grip pal - lots of genuine good supporters up there, but no way are you a big club any more.

Apart from the original poster who was only having a laugh with you, a lot of you guys can't stand reality - and it shows big time in some of the comments posted on this thread.

Bitter and twisted posts that reek of envy of the current reversal of the two club's fortunes that do you no credit.

Best of luck anyway. <ok>

19. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

It's not about throwing way a 10 point lead. Its about the best squad we've ever had, it's about goals all over the pitch, it's about a bench full of players who'd start for 2/3's of the sides in this league. We've got the best player in the division (Bellamy) and a fair contender for 2nd best in Witts. Witts has been poor by his own standards since November and we're still 10 points clear.

Also you bitter bunch might care if Leicester catch us but we couldn't give a **** if we finish 2nd in this division. If we miss the auto's you'll be able to come and mouth off as much as you want, but if we get promoted and you try to bang on about the fact we lost the champioship to Leicester whilst we're preparing for the PL, well...... Good luck with that!

20. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

The big club thing tends to get wheeled out by clubs that are all history and nothing present. Normally fans who are happy with their lot don't seem to bang on about the hypothetical size of their club and how much bigger it is than everyone who's doing better than them.
    If we were all in the same room we could all get our cocks out to really sort out who's the biggest..........:headbang:

I'll brace myself for the sheep shagging hilarity that will surely follow.