1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Argyle v Ipswich

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Oct 27, 2021.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It's a pertinent point actually. Some Ipswich fans were strutting around social media before the game saying we'd only sold out because a big team were visiting.

The sensible ones have gone strangely quiet now but as has been politely pointed out to them, we're going to see the team topping the league and playing football that belongs in a higher division, not to watch a once quite good team fallen on hard times.

I go to support Argyle whoever they're playing, not to admire the other lot.

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Just like the Wednesday lot lol!

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Another great win after trailing, tough games ahead but we shouldn't fear anyone...nice to wallop Sunderland though...COYG!

4. notDistantGreen

Adam Randell was voted the fans' MotM and also got Chris Errington's award in the Erald. Not bad for a 21yo making his first league start. Very pleased for him, he is some player.

Ipswich fans are also whining about injury absences. Not only did we have lynchpin Houghton out but we are still waiting for Cooper, Bolton and Ennis to return having not been available all season. If Galloway can be persuaded to stay and we can bring in one or two more on loan, we'll have a very decent squad. Priority then would be to sign Ryan Broom permanently.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes....Adam Randell rose to the occasion....he played well seeing that his future at PAFC was being questioned by some...including me.....doing well at Torquay had to be judged by the fact that it was at level 5.....a two league jump to doing well at Argyle... for more than just a bit part subbing moment against tiring opposition was something different....starting was a different ball game....and he did well....this is bringing extra strength to the subs bench which is now stronger because of it......makes Ryan Lowe's job harder....but in the end easier to know he can trust Randell for more than just a ten minute slot.

6. notDistantGreen

You only have to watch him for 5 minutes Plym to know - whisper it quietly - that we'll be lucky to keep him for long. Ice cool on the ball, good passer, beautifully balanced, almost graceful, head always up looking at what's around him.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm back. Just for info Malta was good except they had more rain apparently in 2 days last week than they normally get in around 4 months. Sound familiar? We had two and a half days sunshine out of 7. Enjoyed the food and wine though and had a decent look around.

I only found out the result when we got back to Heathrow yesterday. My grandson wouldn't switch his music off his phone before then to tell me how it was going. Sound like Home Park was buzzing with a full house in there. Several more games gone and we are still top. Even Plym sounds positive above (I think). Wots not to like.

8. notDistantGreen

Mot sure if this will work but it's a masterpiece.

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Bloody terrible wasn't it....wish I knew as perhaps could have had a beer or 3 lol.

10. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was just like being at home hp. I had plenty of beers and several bottles of wine...............daily. Enjoyed it but didn't get a tan. At least the rain was warmer.