1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

arsenal good news

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by jobdone, Aug 28, 2011.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

AJ I agree with you re the midweek performance. Will I see your face next Saturday ?

2. SAF dried my hair

Maybe Wenger should also think about the situation from a financial point of view given his expertise in that particular field? Dropping out of the top four which will happen to them at this rate will be very expensive, and there's pretty much only one way to get back, ask Liverpool. Don't need a master's degree in economics to realise that spending some money to keep your UCL spot in more sensible money-wise than having to spend a lot of money to try and regain it. What's going on in his head in anyone's guess

3. rockape

rockape Member

Mourinho would be hopless here given our board. I rather have have some asian despot running us than this board

4. SAF dried my hair

What's wrong with your board then? I really refuse to believe Wenger is not being given any money to spend considering you've gained fortunes from player sales alone

5. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Crisis over lads...You beat Fulham to the signing of Park Chu young from relegated Monaco. Happy days!

6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

If Mourinho reads your reply -saying that he is HOPless I bet he would be hopping mad.

7. jobdone

jobdone Member

totally agree if some-one like wenger says I need him or I,m going they would pay up

8. leethegunner

leethegunner Member

more and more players want more wages than the current lvl we have, the board wont up the cap, but maybe they just might after the performance the team showed today.

if our cap was 150k then we would have a way better chance to get kaka/benzema etc

9. Depay Sound

Depay Sound Well-Known Member

We're always hearing the Arsenal board say that there is plenty of money available for Wenger yet some Arsenal fans still place the blame with the board.

10. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

You don't need Kaka or Benezma or anyone like that. Someone like Arteta or Cahill or Tiote would be perfect. Even Parker would have been good, they probably aren't going to ask for 6 figure sums per week.

11. Henryforever

Henryforever Guest

Here is a list of our world class player:

The end.

12. Depay Sound

Van Persie is the only Arsenal player I rate.

13. Henryforever

Henryforever Guest

The board offered nasri £90k a week. That wasnt wengers choice. Why not offer him £130k a week.

14. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Active Member

I agree there's maybe not too much wrong with the players as such. If you look when we attack, the opposition have 6/7 players back against our 3/4 attackers, making it very hard for us to break through. However whenever the opposition attacks they have 3/4 attackers against our 4/5 defenders 90% of the time.

So I don't think its the players as such more how our team is set up

15. Devlin

Devlin Member

Wilshere is good too.

16. Depay Sound

I forgot about Wilshere and he's in my Fantasy Team <laugh>

17. Depay Sound

Look on the bright side Arsenal fans. No matter how bad you are you're always ahead of Tottenham.

18. United-Road

United-Road Member

They also played well against Liverpool under the circumstances. We were brilliant today, but no question arsenal couldn't stomach the fight today, and that is worrying.

19. For now you mean friend?

I fear we will not see European football next year at this rate.

20. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But when the Utd board offered Rooney a contract he rejected, SAF told them to raise the offer cos he wanted to keep the player. I'm sure if Wenger had turned to the Arsenal board and said that Nasri was vital to his plans and deserved a larger contract they would have offered it to them.

To be honest, I think the problem now is that the Arsenal board is too in hock to Wenger after Dein left. It seems like Wenger's ideas of what represents value when buying players and setting wages is all that the board listen to. Someone on the board needs to turn around and say "Look, even if you think Gary Cahill is only worth £10 million (or whatever Wenger bid for him), let's pay the £15 million Bolton want to make sure we get him and offer him the wages he wants. Cos if he makes the difference between the £40 million Champions League and the £8 million Europa League, that's a great bit of business for us". Likewise with Jagielka and M'Vila.

We can all have a good laugh at Liverpool paying over the odds for Carroll and Henderson, but if they make the difference between 5th place and 4th place then Liverpool won't give a monkeys how much they paid. I think that's something that Wenger just doesn't seem to consider any more.