1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Fulham: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Nov 8, 2012.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Unless the board are willing to spend a bit more cash and hold onto our best players, then I don't think even Guardiola could do any better that Wenger

2. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

to be fair .. can you bring better replacement? .. AW is very good manger who kept you in top 4 years, year after another... but his problem is his stubbornness at times
    I think this is was one of 2 things RVP demanded and leaded to a heated discussion as he didn't want Bould but another one who can tell him NO
    Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...-players-to-sign-before-leaving#ixzz2Br1lwJt9

3. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

But we do spend money, that's the thing, maybe not as much as the other top 3, but we've spent well over 100 million in 3 seasons, that's a big amount of money being spent. But the players we're buying aren't the needed quality to make us an elite team, the likes of Santos, Gervino etc. We spent 10 million for Gervino, and 6 million on Santos. I'm positive we could've spent that money on 1 quality player, as many others say, let's bring in 1 class player rather than 2 good players, in the case of Santos, he's an average player, Gervino a good player.

And in all honesty, I think the problem with Wenger goes beyond buying good players, there are many things I see wrong with him, which includes his on field tactics, which I also find to be a big problem. It's no use for Wenger to always say how strong the EPL has gotten (which is true) and not adapt. Related to the on field problems, the same problems persist with Arsenal, so why isn't Wenger doing something about it? The fact that we see the same problems game after game, season after season, is really what irks me about Wenger above all else, which makes me believe we need a new manager who will fix the problems.

4. Arsenal87

I think Guardiola can be that man, as many say, Wenger just looks like a defeated man, and as sad it looks, a lot of it is own fault.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Trouble is we've sold some of our best players though. The one's we've brought in are decent enough, but are not of the same quality as the one's we've sold. To replace Henry, Fabregas, Nasri, RvP today, you'd be looking at the best part of £100m anyway.

That said, players like Arteta, Mertesacker, Cazorla look like bargians

6. shwan

shwan Well-Known Member

is it wise to bring a manager who never managed in england? .. he will definitely need time to adopt
    don't get me wrong, part of why Barca were good is bcz of Guardiola.. he made them more efficient side .. but would they had same success without Messi ?
    he still need to prove himself that he is not a one trick pony

7. Arsenal87

But that comes back to Wenger, I doubt we'd sell any player unless Wenger gave his approval, the board would never do something without Wenger's approval. Wenger gave the approval to sell the likes of RVP, Nasri, Fabregas, Song etc. And I think it's been pretty obvious to why we have been selling these players, which have nothing to do with 'footballing reasons' but all down to Arsenal's and Arsene's philosophy of balancing the books.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I disagree. Wenger made it clear that he wouldn't sell Nasri or RVP. I think his hand was forced.

9. Arsenal87

I'd have no problem with a new manager taking some time to adapt, it'd still be a new change and new direction. The thing with a new manager, isn't just how he will do on the pitch in terms of tactics, but also down to motivation etc. I just don't think Wenger can motivate this team, and a new top class manager will be able to galvanise the players, just look at how slack so many of these Arsenal players are, and that's down to player management from Wenger, or the lack of it.

10. Arsenal87

I'd disagree there, one thing Wenger has always been adamant on, which is why he's been at Arsenal for so long, is because he's always been in charge of the team, there was never outside pressure or outside decisions out of his control, so if the board was doing things irrespective of Wenger, I don't think he'd be at Arsenal anymore as that freedom and power he always mentions would be gone.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ultimately Wenger is employed by the board, so their decision on transfers will overrule his.

12. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

There's a first time for everything.

Here goes.

Shwan is right.

13. Arsenal87

watching highlights on MOTD, Mannone really should have saved their second goal, but overall we were very poor defensively, Wenger's really got to start earning his money, because he sure as hell ain't worth the 7 million a year he's getting right now.

14. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

He was decent against United and Schalke, but Mannone is never ever a number one for a club like Arsenal. Chensey to start against Spurs.

15. Arsenal87

In all fairness to the goalkeeper, it doesn't matter if he's the best in the world, if the defence in front of him is all over the place and leaving major space, you will get punished. Goals number 1 and 2 were defensive problems rather than goalkeeping problems, but how many times have we been saying that and nothing ever seems to get done? I do really think it's time for change, Wenger's taken us as far as we can, we have been in this position so many times before, nothing ever changes.

16. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Watching it again, he really should have saved their second goal. That header did not even that have much pace on it. Also Chensey is much better on corners and free kicks. He looks to go and get the ball, Mannone just stays on his line.

17. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Alan Shearer
    Huh?

18. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Do you still think you can win the title, I swear you had a good debate with Arsenal87 about being 9pts behind and could still win it

19. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

We are 11 pts behind and no we will not win it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded quite frankly.

20. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

HIAG thinks Spurs can win it.:biggrin: