1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Arsenal vs Fulham: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

QPR lost again. Surely Hughes is a goner?

2. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

As the great Yogi Berra (baseball coach) said "It ain't over 'til it's over"

Whilst it's still mathematically possible to win the league, we should focus on trying to win the league.

3. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Phil Dowd tried his very best to gift you a win against Fulham.

Could be worse. Had he been reffing at Stamford Bridge his career would be over one way or another.

4. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

By not sending Sidwell off for two very clear fouls? The later was on Cazorla when he was running at the Fulham defence in the final third. Not sure how that favours us.

5. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

The decision to award you an atrocious penalty in the 94th minute surely outweights a probable second yellow for Sidwell. Riether even attempted to move his arm around his back to avoid contact with the ball, one of the worst decisions you will see this season. Next thing you will be saying Ruiz dived for the penalty. Wenger didn't bring up Sidwell's possible second yellow because he knew like everyone else that the referee's decisions favoured yourselves overall.

6. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

You being down to 10 men with about 30 minutes left would have given us a serious advantage. I have the Sidwell bookings in my mind because Phil Dowd sent off Alex Song a couple of years ago for two blatant fouls like Sidwell committed today. He did not hesitate at all when sending off Song. The lack of consistency from these refs just piss me off no end. The last minute pen was also a wrong call from the ref and it capped off another **** referring performance in the Premier League.

7. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

I have no doubt that of Dowd sent off Sidwell as he should have we would have won

8. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

Why do Villa always lose to United? I don't think I've ever seen Villa get a league win against them, not that I remember.

And typical United coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2..... typical Arsenal losing a 2-0 lead to go 3-2 down.

Arsenal have been this way for years now.

9. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

You're showing how young you are.<laugh>
    The last time Villa won was the "you win nothing with kids game" <ok>

10. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

makes you laugh dont it.

we are now the anti- comeback kings.

seems like we need a 3 goal cushion these days , oh no wait , i forgot about newcastle match , better make that 5 goal cushion .<doh>

i REALLY thought we had sorted out our defence, now its clear we are leaking like a pound shop sanitary towel.

11. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

No, unfortunately that argument is not acceptable. Clattenburg should have sent Torres off against United when he kicked Cleverley in the chest. He did send Torres off for a soft yellow card later in the game which was deemed as evidence that he was favouring United. Therefore Dowd is clearly on Arsenal's payroll. Sadly for you Schwarzer isn't.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Don't forget the two handed push in the back of Sagna by Berbatov to create a space for him to head past Mannone <ok>

13. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Everyone going on about Sidwell should have been sent off, by the same token, Ramsey should have been sent off as well, as Wenger said. MOST referees allow a yellow carded player one more lenient bad tackle, and from where I was sitting, even I didn't think his tackle warranted a red card and thought it'd be harsh for him to be sent off.

But all this talk of Sidwell's red card is to mask our own deficiencies, and to ignore the elephant in the room as one other user put it, for ****s sake we were leading 2-0!!!!!! That should be what all fans are complaining about rather than Sidwell, ****ing hell, is that how pathetic Arsenal have become we so badly need a player to get sent off and go down to 10 men for us to win????? That's what a lot of you are indicating by your insistence on Sidwell being sent off, we still should have won that game with Sidwell on or off, and it SHOULD'VE NEVER MATTERED ANYWAY because we were 2-0 up.

Get over it, Sidwell wasn't sent off, and we dropped 2 points, end of story.

14. Arsenal87

Arsenal87 Well-Known Member

Yeah because being 2-0 up at home isn't having an advantage, right....And as you said, we got a bad penalty in our favour, that was a SERIOUS ADVANTAGE in Arsenal's favour, a penalty for the last kick of the game, lol you can't get any more serious advantage than that, and we still didn't take it, so instead of looking to the referee to try and excuse our bad result, look at the team instead, please, you're one of the only Arsenal fans in the world right now using the ref as an excuse instead of putting the blame squarely on Arsenal's feet, EVEN Wenger didn't blame the referee for everything.

15. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

I hope you are sitting down Arsenal87, because I agree with you <ok>

:biggrin:

16. Arsegun

Ah well, I supported Arsenal since 1992, but in 1995 I was too young to watch MOTD and see Alan Hansen make his comment. Still that's a long time ago... Grandad!

17. Jamrag

Jamrag Well-Known Member

18. Arsegun

What strikes me is how long we've been this fragile. If the manager can't sort it out after this amount of time, is he doing a good job? I've always supported Wenger, but we're getting a reputation... and it's only going to make teams believe they can mount a comeback against us when we're leading.

19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

QPR play Southampton next - If they lose that one then I think he will be sacked.

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Gallas and Spuds just let off the hook for a handball in the area. Should have been a pen