1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ascot Hardwicke Stakes (Group 2)

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, May 15, 2023.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Run over 1m4f (1m3f211y) on 24th June, this has a fascinating look about it and could well shake up the ante post market for the Arc

The one that fascinates me most is the lightly raced 4yo Francesco Clemente, currently quoted at 100/1 for the Arc. I had this one on my July short list for the Arc last but apart from sauntering to a 9l win in a Class 2 handicap he hasn't been seen since. He was entered in the Gordon stakes but didn't run. He is by Dubawi out of a Galileo mare and is unbeaten in 3 runs. Trained by the Gosdens, he is clearly being nursed along, being unraced as a 2yo. Really looking forward to see how good he might be

If he does run at Ascot we will certainly find out as the other entries include:
    Adayar
    Bay Bridge
    Desert Crown
    Hamish
    Hukum
    Hurricane Lane
    Point Lonsdale
    Pyledriver
    Westover
    Emily Upjohn

What a race this could turn out to be. It looks a step too far for Francesco Clemente but since that stroll last year he has only been entered in Group races so he must be highly thought of

2. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

He's being mentioned on the gallops

Ron likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

....................and ................................ :emoticon-0100-smile

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

I am certainly not deserting Desert Crown, does not owe me a shekel. I am sure Sir Michael will produce him fit and, as long as the going is reasonable, DC is the one to beat?l

5. Bustino74

Well he's being mentioned. They don't mention snails but highlight horses that are making some impression on the watchers. The comment on last Saturday's gallop was that Desert Crown worked with Solid Stone and was impressive. Moore rode him.
    It's reassuring that a horse gets a mention as it means they are doing serious work.
    Of course many times you get impressive workers who never show that ability at the racetrack.
    Won't he go for the Coronation Cup? It's a group 1 rather than G2 and he handled Epsom fabulously.

Francesco Clemente has been mentioned a few times and they seem to be bringing him along slowly.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for that. Maybe that 100/1 for the Arc will tumble before October. Either that or he won't run. He was entered last year but didn't run, 66/1 at the time

7. Bustino74

Francesco Clemente entered for next week's Brigadier Gerard Stks with Dettori already booked. Desert Crown also entered.

Ron likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's entered for 6 races ranging from listed 10f to the Arc
    upload_2023-5-22_20-32-19.png

9. Bustino74

Francesco Clemente continually getting excellent gallop reports. Unless he's galloping with trees he should be set for a good run on Saturday.

Ron likes this.