1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Assem Allam

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by FILEYseadog, Sep 12, 2014.

1. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

Sad about recent events regarding the name change. He has done so much good for the club and I consider him our best owner ever. I am sure he thinks what he is doing is best for the club YET even I can see he is SO WRONG .

As far as I am concerned I think he is with out doubt a good man for all the things he has done at hull city and for many good causes in the area .

I could never join the I hate Assem Allam club or sling abuse at him..

However I now look forward to New Owners coming in in the future
    Who knows our new owners could turn out to be out GREATEST EVER.

I think its time that CTWD come out and say we don't want him to stay and we don't support him any more .

There are NO pro name changers
    No one I know prefers his new name.

I withdraw my support of Assem Allam as our owner but I won't come out with any insults against him.

Thanks for all the good things you have done Mr Allam

Looking forward to a new adventure with new owners .

HULL CITY TILL I DIE.

2. FILEYseadog

Thread title should have been ASSEM ALLAN not was Assem Allam if the mods could change it ...thanks

3. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Fair play to you Filey. Came on here with a point of view and defended it. Listened to the other side and over time changed your opinion. Takes a big man to admit his mistake.

4. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Filey, you should never have had to write that.

That's the saddest part of all of this.

5. Andyp95

Andyp95 Active Member

I agree that all this is so incredibly sad when we should be focussing on the fantastic additions to the already fantastic squad.

I would like to point out that the poster cannot claim for certain that there are no supporters who support a name change just because no one Filey knows supports it. He would have to have canvassed every Hull City fan and I dont think that has happened!! I happen to know a couple of people, from the very small subset of season ticket holders I talk to reasonably regularly, supported it as they saw it one way of generating the finances needed to become a regular mid-table premiership side pushing for Europe and trophies. Whether they, and AA are right will highly likely not ever be proved one way or the other.

I believe that the saddest thing about this whole issue is how it has split the chairman of the club with some fans, and also split some fans as well. I for one am looking forward to Monday and putting the football back in the limelight where is should rightly be.

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Did they ever indicate how this would happen?

Did they ever indicate how Hull Tigers could achieve mid table mediocrity in a way that Hull City AFC, nickname The Tigers couldn't?

Did they ever explain how Hull City AFC, nickname The Tigers. FA Cup finalists & European entrants could not push for Europe & trophies as Hull Tigers would?

Did you ever correct them that it's The Premier League.?

Just asking.

7. lakesideview

lakesideview Active Member

Top man Filey. The whole saga is sad but we will move on eventually & remain Hull City.

8. Andyp95

Andyp95 Active Member

happy to provide response :)

The conversations were over a protracted period since the subject first reared its head. The basis of the debate was around the use of the new name to generate further income to be spent on higher quality players, than it was perceived that AA could not fulfill given his alleged value - please note this was way before the the FA cup semi final and hence latest transfer window. The view was probably tainted with the success Man City have had with the injection of their money and that thia was a model that could be repeated here. Money talks and there is some evidence to say that the league position is directly relaetd to the money spent - hence the view that generation of Far East interest would generate this amount of cash.

Not had chance to have a full debate since over a few beers since what has happened since, however the transfer window proves that some of their arguments realting to bringing in quality players dont hold up - depnds upon your definiton of quality!!!

I was just pointing out that the issue isn't as black & white as protrayed, and it very subjective. The only precedent is that Hull City DID make it to the FA Cup Final - a showpiece watched by millions across the glode - and got into Europe without the name change and there is no reason to say it won't happen again. Whether AA is right that these successes and more can be achieved more often, purely by a name change, will not ever be tested to be true or false.

9. hcafc-anon

hcafc-anon Active Member

Well said.

10. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

Oi newbie, bore off back to the HDM site if you want to post this type of cr@p

11. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Personally I haven't encountered any pro name change supporters, I have however encountered plenty of supporters who really couldn't give a **** either way, many of whom have, probably stated that the name can be changed back when AA is no longer with us.

12. Andyp95

Andyp95 Active Member

Sorry - I didnt realise I had to have a certain amount of posts before having an opinion or had to conform to others opinions before posting

I consider myself told and thank you for showing me the errors of my ways.

13. SuitedandBooted

That'll do pig.

14. Andyp95

Andyp95 Active Member

See - you CAN be quite funny :)

15. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Fair play to filey. He set his position out ages ago and has stuck to it. Not altering it to suit as time goes on like some on here

16. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Harold Needler was regarded as the best chairman the club ever had. There is also a note that he tried to change the club's colours.

Assam Allam will be known as the best chairman the club ever had. There will also be a note that he tried to change the club's name.

We are about to wave goodbye to the best chairman the club ever had. Lets hope the next one doesn't make us wish he stayed.

17. SuitedandBooted

Harold Needler was regarded as the best chairman the club ever had. There is also a note that he tried to change the club's colours.

Assam Allam will be known as the best chairman the club ever had. There will also be a note that he tried to change the club's name.

We are about to wave goodbye to the best chairman the club ever had up to now. Lets hope the next one takes us even further.

18. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

You haven't really answered any of my questions, but you have highlighted that it is quite black & white as portrayed & isn't subjective at all. Changing our name will be of no benefit to anything but the owner's ego.

19. FILEYseadog

A bonus is some of our fans will be able to return once he sells up

Fans like Kempton and his Dad .

20. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

I've grown to like Assem after yesterday.

I think he came across as a man with all good intentions, just flawed by a colossal lack of football knowledge and a history in life of getting his own way.

Also, his eccentricity and skittishness I found quite endearing.

However, that does not mean that I agree, or will I ever, with Hull Tigers. His badge is a bit crap too.

It did give me hope though that it will never happen, as it's nowhere near as thought out or as malicious as I first thought.

He's just a doddery old bloke who's got it wrong and is still coming to terms with it.

Bless.