1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Aston Martin: Team Thread

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by TopClass, Feb 10, 2022.

1. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Must admit at first I thought he was just doing it for his son but I'm not sure now. He is certainly ploughing money in and getting results. It's also quite nice to see the former Jordan team growing. I think we also have to thank Perez for assisting in it becoming Aston. Without him and other creditors it would have gone into administration and been broken up.

Justjazz and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  2. push

push Well-Known Member

Just reading on BBC F1 page Aston Martin announced on Tuesday that Jessica Hawkins completed 26 laps in their 2021 car at the Hungaroring near Budapest last Thursday and that`s the first female to test an F1 car since 2018. Mike Krack was very impressed with her preparatiion and had a nice rhythm in the laps.Drugovich was also present and shared the test with Jessica.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    ched999uk likes this.
  3. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

Surely she should have done it on last years car?The regulations are completely different for the 2021 car than what they are driving with this season?

push likes this.
  4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

honestly, how do you get a test drive when you're so bad? Mahaveer Raghunathan has had 2, the last in June this year FFS, and he's ****ing terrible. He won a club championship where he was the only full time driver, the guy who came 2nd by 5 points only did half the season.
    I want one! It'd probably kill me the moment I applied the brakes, but I still want it.

eddie_squidd and TopClass like this.
  5. push

push Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Aston Martin launch the AMR24.
    Very Red Bull inspired?

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

It looks a bit red bull and a bit merc. The sid epod entry is more extreme than redbull was but there is a compromise as you go down the side pods. theres two channels of air basically.

Anyway it's only a rendering so you can't see the position of front suspension except its very high like RB and you can't see the vane or floor entry detail from this.

at least it as a few centimetres of green as well as the black.

The airbox is using the wing mirrors to direct air quite a bit and the thing does look line the rads are lower down as if air needs to go to enter it. Who knows though.

7. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

upload_2024-2-12_22-7-54.jpeg

Shakedown today for some more real car detail.

They’ve evolved the car a lot to be fair- don’t write these guys off if Fallows can find an upgrade path through the season. They’ve done some real work it seems.

Rear suspension confirmed as change to push rod (and therefore confirms Mercedes have switched to this too as Aston get those suspension and gearbox parts from Merc).

Im very interested to see how James Allison and Merc approach things, as well as McLaren of course.

ched999uk likes this.