1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Aston Villa v QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Apr 7, 2015.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Match Preview
    A MIDWEEK clash under the Villa Park lights awaits Chris Ramsey’s side tonight, as the Hoops look to build on their big victory against West Bromwich Albion at the weekend in another key clash towards the foot of the Barclays Premier League.

Buoyed by Saturday’s stunning 4-1 win against the Baggies, Ramsey will be determined to see his side register another priceless away triumph – and in doing so, complete a season’s double over the Villains, who succumbed to a 2-0 defeat to the R’s at Loftus Road earlier this season.

Charlie Austin bagged both goals on that occasion, and the Rangers front-man – after going three games without finding the back of the net – was back amongst the goals at the weekend, scoring his 16th of a remarkable maiden top-flight season with a close-range header.

Following the latest round of matches in the top-flight, Rangers are now one point closer to the side currently sitting in 17th place, ironically, tonight’s opponents Aston Villa.

Tim Sherwood’s side were heavily beaten by Manchester United at Old Trafford on Saturday, meaning Rangers can leapfrog the Villains – and jump out of the relegation zone – with victory this evening.

Villa, like Rangers, have a number of key injury problems ahead of the clash at Villa Park.

Alan Hutton is the latest player on the treatment table after sustaining an ankle injury in the 3-1 defeat to United at the weekend – and both Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair are also sidelined.

All three are out and Tom Cleverley, Kieran Richardson and Aly Cissokho are also major doubts.

The R’s are also facing a mini injury crisis of their own, with Eduardo Vargas and Yun Suk-Young both unavailable for the trip to the Midlands owing to a knee injury and concussion respectively.

Rangers are expected to include a number of young EDS players in their matchday squad, with Rio Ferdinand and Adel Taarabt also sidelined with minor injuries whilst Shaun Wright-Phillips is also unavailable with an injury.

Richard Dunne and Leroy Fer remain sidelined.

Possible Starting Xl's

WAGS

Agbonlahor's Three Girlfriends

Charlie's Wife To Be, Bianca

Aston Villa win: 21/20
    Draw: 23/10
    QPR win: 13/5

QPR 2, Aston Villa 0 – Premier League – Monday 27th October 2014
    Scorers: QPR – Austin (2)

Aston Villa wins: 18
    Draws: 12
    QPR wins: 23

Referee: C Pawson
    Assistant Referees: D Bryan & M Mullarkey
    Fourth Official: L Mason

UTRs likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

three will always beat one
    as long as you don't get caught

UTRs likes this.
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

It is disturbing to be out numbered on the "girlfriends" section! Let's hope we keep our own on the pitch.

I fully agree with your team formation and selection, and it is what I would choose. But I have a feeling that CR will suprise us (but I have no idea with what).

I just hope that there will be a a good stream on the internet to watch. It will be an important match.

4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I am so nervous about this game. I hate listening to away games on radio so will just check occasionally on BBC live score.
    Just tipped QPR win on TalkSPort. Yes please!

5. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I've always liked their ground. Villa Park would add great cache to The Championship. Come on Urrrrrrrrrrr's!

aqualung and Ranger4ever like this.
  6. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Cheers 999's - top preview as always. I think your line up is spot on and what I would start with, I just hope that Ramsey doesn't decide to give a youngster a start, it's too critical a match to set off on the right foot and really get at Villa with lots of energy. We can bring on one of the youngsters when some the old legs tire.

What is it with Taarabt & Wright-Phillips? I don't see how it's possible to get injured so frequently, they need some intensive gym work to get their fitness to what it should be at this level. Even Zamora's fitness seems to put them to shame.

Does Agbonlahor have all three on the go together? Although no.1 & no.2 I would kick out of my bed rapido if no.3 came along :emoticon-0100-smile

7. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Biggest game of the season.....lets go for it from the start, put Villa on the back foot and silence the home fans....

C'mon U Sooperhoopsa......

8. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0152-heartNo.3 by a mile......:emoticon-0152-heart

9. N22hoop

N22hoop Well-Known Member

Everyone of us, every other R's fan and every QPR player knows this is it. This is the game. Sherwood realises it too, from his comments I'm not so sure his players are up for it though. Let's hope not....

10. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Ladbrokes:-

Tim Sherwood has a crippling injury crisis on his hands in the Midlands

6 April 2015

Aston Villa V QPR
    Match betting
    Aston Villa11/10
    Draw12/5
    QPR11/4

QPR won for only the second time on the road since returning to the Premier League with a 4-1 thumping of West Brom at the weekend, and despite not managing to string two victories together all term, Chris Ramsey’s side look a great bet at 12/5 to beat Aston Villa away.

The R’s have been much better of late without getting the points their endeavours have deserved, going down just 2-1 at home to Everton, Spurs and Arsenal since the start of March.

Ramsey’s men have clearly found their feet on the road under the former Brighton full-back too, claiming two victories from their last four games away from Loftus Road, having not managed a point on their travels this term before Harry Redknapp stepped down from the manager’s hotseat just over two months ago.

Top scorer Charlie Austin’s strike at the Hawthorns means he has two in his past three on the road, and after the former Burnley man bagged a brace at home to Villa, he looks a massive price to get on the scoresheet at 12/5.

However, it’s the hosts’ dreadful injury problems that make this bet a belter, as Tim Sherwood had to throw on Joe Cole late on in the 3-1 loss to Manchester United, after the former England man hadn’t featured since early February.

After full-back Alan Hutton joined injury doubts Philippe Senderos, Libor Kozak, Ashley Westwood, Scott Sinclair, Tom Cleverley, Aly Cissokho and Kieran Richardson, Sherwood said:

“You get one back and lose another two. They’re not trivial injuries, they’re always two, three, four weeks. It’s okay in September but not now. That’s pretty much writing off the season.

“It’s something you have to get on with and hopefully there’s light at the end of the tunnel. It’s a case of seeing who can come in. A few are back from injury, medically, but physically, it’s a needs-must situation. Some of them will be risked.”

Super Hoops backers should be licking their lips.

11. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

UTRs likes this.
  12. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

13. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Quite an original hatrick.

Does any one get the match ball?

UTRs likes this.
  14. terryb

terryb Well-Known Member

I can't believe those odds! Villa twice as likely to win? With their awful side?

Just hope their players & fans think the same way!

I am dreading watching a stream tonight, but I can't not do so. Wouldn't it be easier if we were already down!

COME ON MY TEAM!

Bring back those points please.

15. Risingsunhoop

Risingsunhoop Active Member

My local landlord getting it for me, nice one as I will be the only one interested in the game!

16. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of Charlie's tonight!!

17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

18. Hoopington

Hoopington Active Member

sorry about the size, I copied it straight from Facebook!

UTRs likes this.
  19. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Cheers, the size is fine<cheers>

Hoopington likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Mitchell?

No Rio, No SWP, No Taarbs