1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ba

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Woody, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

Am I being paranoid or did Ba's lack of celebration when he scored suggest he isn't a happy chappy with us?

:emoticon-0138-think

2. giggitygiggity_blackcat

That was the first thing I thought as well tbh although I'm hoping it was more anger with a hint of 'see, that's what I can do.' Little worrying though

3. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

His performance, albeit against lesser opposition, begs the question why hasn't he had at least a few sub opportunities yet this season, especially as we have been so poor.

Gardner was simply awful yesterday for instance and between the 2, I'd sooner see Ba given a run out in future.

4. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

That's what I thought. it must be hard watching 'dumb and dumber' getting picked ahead of you despite being garbage every week.

that run in beyond Altidore is what we've been crying out for all season.

Ba and Watmore instead of Larsson and Gardner please Gus. Pace and youthful exuberance is a little bit of what we need.

5. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Agreed. Did you see how far away from the action Gardner was as Ba ran on to the pass from Jozy to score....just trotting into the box, carefree. No urgency, desire. No fookin nowt

6. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

Divvent panic lads.....

El Hadji hoping for more chances to shine.
    Young Frenchman El Hadji Ba rounded off his Sunderland debut with a late goal to secure a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with Budweiser.
    It was a great feeling to see the ball hit the back of the net.
    - El-Hadji Ba
    Gus Poyet’s side overcame a spirited Carlisle United side at the Stadium of Light as two second half goals put Sunderland back on track after Adam Johnson’s opener was cancelled out by Matty Robson in the first half.

Ba joined the action with 10 minutes to go and the midfielder was delighted to open his account in a red and white shirt:
    “I’m very happy that I was able to come on off the bench and get a goal, especially as it’s the first chance I’ve had to play this season,” Ba told safc.com.
    “It was a good pass from Jozy Altidore to set me up for the goal,” the 20-year-old continued.

“I had somebody right behind me so I had to act quickly. I knocked the ball over to my left foot and struck it.

“It was a great feeling to see the ball hit the back of the net.”

Since moving to Wearside the French under-20 international has only featured for Sunderland during pre-season in the Barclays Asia Trophy and admits he’s been waiting patiently to get his chance in the first team:
    “I’ve been working very, very hard in training and kept my head down. I’m pleased to have taken the chance.
    “The Stadium of Light is a fantastic place to play and I’m happy to finally have the opportunity to play.
    “I hope the experience is something for me to build on, I want more chances and I want to score more goals.”

7. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

It may have helped if had any supporters to celebrate with though..

8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Not seen much of the game - only the goals (on here!) but from what I;ve heard, Watmore and Ba should be given some sort of opportunity. Even if it's from the bench (but certainly befor Gardner and Larsson as mentioned earlier)

9. Deletion Requested1

Deletion Requested1 Well-Known Member

When Ba was announced over the tannoy the Carlisle supporters thought it was an invitation for rumpy pumpy

10. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He certainly showed the rest of the guys how to finish!!

Throw him in the deep-end tomorrow - lets see what he can do against better opposition. I think his pace could cause Utd a few problems.

Oh no, its the semi-final of a cup - better go with what we know best - Jozy put your boots on <doh> <wah>

11. Rolobow

Rolobow Member

I suspect that he was a childhood Carlisle fan.

12. LFT

LFT Well-Known Member

Not sure what you expect mate, it was the third round of the fa cup in the dying minutes with a very small crowd. Thought the fans gave both Ba and Watmore a good reception when they came on.

13. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

Then he rammed it home <ok>

14. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

double word play, nice if deliberate :)

15. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Hope he's not happy with us, he wants to prove a point as we can see. I think his time to break into the 1st team upon us. I think it's telling that Karlsson and Mavrias were kept from being cup tied where as Ba and Watmore are now cup tied. I suggest the wingers will be off on loan while Ba and Watmore will play a part in the 1st team, both look hungry and desperate to prove a point. Welcome it me.

16. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

please log in to view this image

17. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

I wouldn't read into his celebration

I'd still be reluctant to throw Watmore into the first team in the prem. It's a very different pace in the premier league. Ba I think is more ready, and I would like to see more of him in the future off the bench.

I'd also like to see Watmore come off the bench provided the game is won (something we never experience!)

18. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Both looked exciting prospects against Carlisle, and hopefully they can do it at the higher level..

19. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

60 mins, double substitution.
    `Go on you two, tear them apart.`

I think they just might. :D

20. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Ba looked good pre season but then again so did Cabral. I would like to see the lad given a chance.