1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back Warnock

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Cozer, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Fair play. I've been overdoing it a bit lately.

I'll stick to my own board until we meet again next season.

:mad:

2. Cozer

Cozer Member

Is it just me or do most agree I'd never dream of going on another teams board, I'm a Leeds supporter,I have enough to talk to fellow LU supporter about.
    I'm sure these people are about 3ft tall with six fingers and webbed feet. <confused>

3. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I really do hate to be a buzzkill because I genuinely do like the way LUST works but is it just me or am I seeing the situation of 'backing warnock, not bates' differently.

You say in this thread that you want to back Warnock by doing whatever necessarry which is fair enough and everyone is agreeing saying I hope Bates gives him money to spend in the Summer so that he can build a good squad and push for promotion. And then your also saying don't buy any shirts or spend any money, try to take all money away from him. Keep the pressure on Bates, its transferring into the corporate side of things with low money from advertising and shirt sponsors are taking longer to come in and whatnot.

Those two things contradict each other, you need to decide what you want and get it. Do you want money for the club to spend on players or do you want Bates out. There is no possible way of getting both, lower money in the door means lower money to spend in and around the club for him to think 'whats left over can go on the squad'. Well there won't be any left over if there isn't money going into Leeds United.

4. Cozer

Cozer Member

I can only answer this from my point of view not as LUST's.
    If we back Warnock and Bates does not then Warnock walk's LUST come out of this smelling of roses, Bates will try and blame the supporters but the hole situation will blow up in his face. Bates employed Warnock to appease the fans not for the good of the club but for the good of his pocket. Warnock won't take any **** off Bates it's not worth it. So Bates has to either dig deep our lose face.

5. Josh-LUFC

Yes and call me naive but I do believe that Bates will give limited funds to Warnock, but that figure will depend on how much money is being made by the club and how much money is expected to be made. Thats not a Bates lie, thats just what is required to happen.

All I think is that you may dislike Bates but to give Warnock your full backing you can't be trying to take money from Bates

6. 666 & Elmo

666 & Elmo New Member

This just doesn't add up Josh, because you are not seeing the wider picture. A bit like the Irish happy-clappy who was on the radio phone-in after the game telling people they needed to fill ER next season.

Well, screw him. And screw Ken Bates until he starts treating us with a little more respect for what we did in getting him out of the mire while we were in League 1.

Ken Bates could have everyone onside if he reduced ticket prices to the norm for the Championship, if he stopped alienating the fans/players/managers/world of football by slagging them off, and if he stopped pretending that we were actually trying to get promoted. It would also help if he gave much more clarity about ownership, gave the fans a voice on the board, got rid of Harvey, and stopped spending money on diversifying into businesses that were nothing to do with enhancing the LUFC brand.

We would all be behind him then, the club would have 25000 season ticket holders singing along and not expecting promotion, we would undertsand why we only had the current class of player and would have no argument for bleating about it, and we would all be looking forward to next season under Neil Warnock.

As it happens, Bates has put promotion under Warnock as his key objective, and when (note WHEN, not IF) we fail next season, he will only give a **** if he has lost shedloads more money. And I can guarantee that will happen.

Nothing in the history of Bates suggests that he will back Warnock. Nothing in the recent history of the players we have suggest that Warnock can get us promoted in one season. Nothing in our recent history suggests we can attract the right players to our club.

There is only one person who can turn those things around. Bates.

That is the conundrum. Not the simple and illogic you put forward.

7. Josh-LUFC

I do see the wide picture and I do understand that, but you can't have both is my point. You can either try get rid of Bates by stripping all money away from ER but then you can't expect promotion at the same time because there's no money coming in to bring in the quality players all the fans are complaining about

I have expressed this view before and have told the Newcastle Jets story on here a few times. It seems like good business sense to drop down prices to get more people in filling the stadium and in-turn spending more inside Elland Road. This would also encourage youth in the doors and keep the fans happy. He doesn't see that

Well yes, It will happen no doubt but then all these fans saying back Warnock so we can get promoted is pointless if there is no way of funding his transfer requests

I do not see how my view is illogical. I wasn't saying do not take money from Bates, I was saying IF you take the money from Bates do not expect any miracles from Warnock as he will have 0 funding

Personally I would prefer to get promoted than to kick Bates out of the club. I struggle to understand why people have a different view to that. I understand you are asking for the bigger picture here but my view still is the bigger picture. The club looks much healthier and much more profitable if we are 1) in the premier league and 2) getting a decent amount of fans through the door. Investors and potential buyers like the premier league more than the championship. Don't get me wrong though a perfect scenario is to have Bates out of the club AND promotion but thats not exactly likely and fans need to make a choice at which one is more important to them

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Promotion under Bates would lead to a 'survival' team building strategy, not a let us improve each season and try to challenge for top 6.

If Bates left and we had a proper Chairman in we would get promoted, I have no doubt about that. Reading the other thread and what Snodgrass had to say in Lorimers bar I have no doubt promotion next season will be near impossible to achieve as it looks like Snoddy is on his way and it sounds like Warnock is going to receive no money or peanuts for team building.