1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bending the knee is not sport.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Woody, Sep 14, 2020.

1. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

It's gone on that long now is kind of just ingrained into the game. Remember when it first started I didn't really get the message and I still think its a pretty meaningless gesture that maybe makes people feel good and believe they are better than people who don't wish to take the knee.

Society now is full of people who want to feel better than others or take moral highground because they can highlight a perceived problem but actually do **** all to fix it.

Anyway before I get called out as a racist from a completely non prejudice point of view I thought it was pointless then and I still think its pointless now.

2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

For many years the Ukraine has had a dreadful record of racism and antisemitism.

No one ever protested on here.

The USA was a much more trendy, and convenient, bandwagon to jump on.

Now, the same people who ignored racism in the Ukraine and supported BLM, are on another moral high horse.

The USA and UK aren't the most racist and corrupt countries, just the most convenient targets.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

Russia and the Eastern Bloc are terrible for racism. Football shows it up on a televised stage but the reality of it is a hell of a lot worse than the odd monkey chant. These are are areas it needs tackling but as you say one isolated incident in the UK or US is seen across the world and suddenly its a massive issue here and the US when if we are honest there are isolated instances of racism but certainly not a nationwide issue.

4. Smug in Boots

The UK isn't perfect but it's generally decent.

What's absolutely laughable is how these earnest protestors were out in the summer pulling down statues and marching through London. As soon as the weather turned cold and damp they're nowhere to be seen <laugh>

5. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

There's a lot of doing it for me, rather than doing it for the cause in the world now--- Self 2.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

BLM England has gone very quiet since the money went missing ,and the lass at the top was murdered at a party in her own garden by one of her own who also pushed drugs. Then the one in America did a runner with the cash and bought 4 houses and now has a property portfolio, it seem to me its was a good scam while it lasted and got quite a few Hollywood thickos on board,

gelders pie likes this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Gillingham players did it before the game and got booed, i thought it was finished.

8. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

When will it end?

How can it end?

And, if they stop taking the knee, it will look like a waste of time.

No matter how folk protest against such behaviour, sadly, they won't change the world and it's vile discriminations...

The idea itself will then probably only be remembered as an ineffectve gesture.

9. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

See you point but if the whole crowd turned their backs on the virtue signaling twats when they did it whilst booing, it would go away BLM has now and that's what it was for

BackO'TheNet likes this.
  10. BackO'TheNet

Yep, you're right, it was originally for BLM, but every other discrimination has now been cleverly included under the same umbrella for attention.

And, again if the crowds did turn their backs, they would be criticised for it...Yet, turning your back, or slow hand clapping etc are simply different forms of a protest gesture, and should also be equally allowed. However, instead they would be looked upon as provocation.

11. Smug in Boots

There are many police forces worse than the USA or the UK.

Nigeria is considered to be the worst on the planet.

They regularly murder innocent people who fail to respect their extortion racket.

Yet the football players, including Nigerians, never say a word let alone fall to their knees clenching fists.

Why, because it's not trendy

Sorry to be so blunt but it's true.

BLM was a handy bandwagon but the wheels have fallen off.

Why would English players protest about racist American policemen when Russia are destroying Ukraine and murderers are buying the clubs they play for.

Racism isn't good but there are many greater ills in the world.

rowley, Woody, gelders pie and 2 others like this.
  12. BackO'TheNet

Sadly, you're 100% mate.

13. Woody

Woody Well-Known Member

I often ask myself what is racism. Is it recognising the natural differing features in human beings, some black, some bald, some ginger, some with specs, some wear black and white, some red and white ... that's human nature and can't be changed. But reacting abusively or by division is unacceptable. Unfortunately treating differences with humour is now seen as being racist, even though humour is often the best way to put things into perspective .. But clearly not in woke land.

14. dred

dred Well-Known Member

Professional players are saying its a waste of time. Zaha springs to mind immediately

15. dred

dred Well-Known Member

I reckon the booing is ingrained now. Young uns trying to be big and sheep among the culprits.

16. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Correct. Or, try the Middle East. Saudi Arabia's racism is institutionalised. Even a male, Saudi born, Sunni Muslim is discriminated against if he is black. The rest, Indian, Bangladesh Deshi, Philippines etc fare even worse.

Nowhere is perfect, and never will be. But this country is nowhere near the worse, though the far left extremists, embedded in the BLM, are setting things back by the day.