1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bennett To Talk To Us

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by barclayenddan, Jan 26, 2011.

1. barclayenddan

barclayenddan Active Member

Anyone see the evening news last night saying we've been given permission to talk to him. Spoke to my mum who lives in Norfolk and she said this is the case. Can anyone confirm this. Would be good news if this is true :smiley-finger007:

2. STUMADYELLOWS

STUMADYELLOWS Member

Do we need him? All players fit now so still have a lot of great players on the bench like Surman,Korey Smith, and with Fox,Hoolahan,Crofts,Lansbury,Lappin to name a couple I don't think we need him

3. wilder1983

wilder1983 Member

Have to agree with STUMADYELLOWS, with Lansbury extension til end of the season and people coming back from injuries can we justify a seven figure sum (as been reported)? Would rather see the monies spent on a proven goalscorer......im sure Lambert has it all under control

4. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

In Lambert we trust...

5. MichiganCanary

MichiganCanary New Member

This could be a development move with the Premiership in mind. He would be a lot more expensive when we get there, plus if we don't need him, he could be a good investment for resale?

6. barclayenddan

I think he would be a god signing as he has got 20+ assists this season and scored a few as well. Adds a different option to the attack which maybe the strikers would thrive off.

7. barclayenddan

rumour has it poyet has said on local radio that bennett is having a medical at norwich today

8. couldn't think of one

i heard that too barclay, but i can't find it anywhere

9. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

all i can add is that a friend of mine recently had dinner at a function with michael foulger and he said talks were ongoing. he didn't promise anything but from that you can assume that we still want him as a matter of urgency.

10. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where will he fit in though? I'd have to guess McNamee must be off, it'd be pointless having 2 players who do that role, especially as neither fit into our diamond. We must have more money than I thought! Theres some serious competition in midfield now: Crofts, Hughes, Surman, Lansbury, Hoolahan, Smith, Fox, Lappin and McNamee. Tudor-Jones, Adeyemi and Gill are all on the books too, just out on loan.
    I know we're a bigger club than Brighton, but he's going to go from being star of the show to a squad player at this rate, suprised he doesn't want to hold on at Brighton.

11. barclayenddan

I've looked everywhere too but can't find anything. Even phoned my aunt in brighton to find something out but she hasn't had the radio on<doh>

12. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

from what i can gather from a few mates who support clubs in league one, he is the best player in the league BY A MILE! if we can get hold of him and use mcnamee as a makeweight in the deal and maybe one or two other fringe players i feel it will be a great addition. always room for better players in your team. plus, lansbury is ONLY for the rest of the season. if we are looking to build for next season too its important to remember that

13. barclayenddan

My auntie watches brighton a lot and she really rates him too. I think that would maybe spell the end of macnamee but by the sounds of it we'll be getting a player that not only has pace and skills on the wings but also an end product which at the moment is probably something we lack and like superman said it's highly unlikely lansbury will be around next season too

14. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Although we only have Lansbury til the Summer, it sounds like he likes it here, and to be honest he's not going to go back into Arsenal and get near their first team. He might well go out on loan next year again, and if we're in the prem, and he likes it here, it'd be ideal for him, Arsenal and us. (I'd imagine there'd be some clause with him being unable to play against Arsenal)

15. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

wenger said that lansbury will be a first team player next season - we have 0% chance of keeping him here

16. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Ok well that obliterates my theory. Lets get Bennett then!

17. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Hope we get him for less than £1m - if we get him. Can't see MacNamee staying long now. Anybody think we should use Crofts as a striker?

18. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

I can't believe anyone is questioning whether or not we Need Bennett. He is a quality player and there is always room for more quality.

He may not be idel for the diamond, but options are always useful!

19. barclayenddan

spot on kenny

20. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I agree that its nice to have the options, I more meant that it seems really pointless having both McNamee and Bennett. With our current strongest starting line-up, McNamee is on the bench, to come on and mix things up if the tactics aren't working. If we have Bennett as well, it seems pointless to have both of them sitting on the bench, when we'd only realistically only use one per game. I'd like to think its a swap deal if something does come through, with some cash going Brightons way too.