1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bennett To Talk To Us

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by barclayenddan, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

totally agree with kenny. spot on!

2. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Would be a good signing.

Everyone says we need a striker but who could we sign that really fits. Austin is the only one I can think of and loads want him so would be hard plus expensive.

3. barclayenddan

barclayenddan Active Member

i think if we sign bennett that would be it. can't see us being able to afford a striker that would add to the squad we've already got. Don't get me wrong would love to see another striker in but just don't think it will happen. saying that the way the last 18 months has gone nothing will surprise me!!

4. CheshireCanary

Bennett is currently (or has been at some point) playing behind the front two this season, so this could be a way of fitting him into the diamond. Having said that, is the diamond really necessary anymore? We seem to play just as well without it tbh. And Bennett has got 20+ assists this season (apparantly, anyway) so he could be good to have out wide. Although, if Hoolahan is in the team then it possibly is best for him to play behind the front two in the diamond. Also, where would Lansbury fit in?

It definately would give us options, and a VERY impressive midfield. I would have liked to get a striker in really, we seem to have no problems creating chances, just being able to finish them. But hey-ho, I'm not the manager and nobody has signed yet anyway.<ok>

5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd like to think our midfield must be one of the strongest in the division. I can't imagine theres too many teams with the strength in depth we have. Against Sheffield United, we had Hoolahan, Crofts and Fox starting, which leaves us Lappin, Surman, Lansbury, Smith, Hughes and McNamee - then theres the likes of Tudur-Jones and Gill on loan. I wouldn't like Lamberts job keeping them all happy!

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

The only thing I could find on Bennett was the following remark by Gus Poyet to the local paper on Monday:

The threat of Norwich stepping up their bid to sign Elliott Bennett remains and Poyet is anticipating a lot of late activity in Albion's division. Poyet added: "You always expect someone to make another move or something to happen but it's been quiet. I think there is going to be more movement now than people think, especially in League One. I don't know why, I have got the feeling there are going to be plenty of players moving out of the division."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Bennett could play on either wing or behind the strikers. Lambert tried McNamee in the hole and he might try the same with Bennett if he came.

7. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

Woulod be a great signing, he scores goals too!

8. Mcginlay's Car Keys

Shrews fan here.
    Trust me, Bennett is a class act and would compliment your team very well. He would still be at Wolves if they were not in Premier League (just too young at the time when Wolves were buying experience). He was highly rated there. It is no surprise that the lad is doing well as he has the right attitude and is willing to listen and learn more. Very much the same attitude as Holty (who is also first class btw), but Bennett has bags of pace too!

Good luck to you and him if he signs and Holty will benefit from more goalscoring opps.

9. Canary f1

Canary f1 Member

This is the single most important reason why we should sign him, Holt will score lots more if he gets better service. Although when Surman gets back I expect Holt to score more.

10. couldn't think of one

if you look on the argus, their edp sort of newspaper, it says he's handed in a transfer request

11. Tomatoehead

Tomatoehead Member

12. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

If we really want him, we'll get him !!

OTBC CTID

13. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Bennett dropped to the subs bench for today's game against Watford - why put such a key player on the bench in such an mportant game?

14. ancientCanary

ancientCanary New Member

Would be a terrible decision. We nned a striker to replace one of our overpaid strikers

15. cardinalcanary

cardinalcanary Active Member

Put Bennett just behind Holt up front and stick Hoolahan in the middle of a 4-1-3-1-1

Midfield would look like...

Crofts
    Lansbury, Hoolahan, Surman
    Bennett,
    Holt

16. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Oh Im so terribly hungover. Someone give me a hangover cure. Leaf eating hasnt worked

17. Dangerous Marsupial

Dangerous Marsupial Well-Known Member

Isn't the transfer deadline tomorrow?

18. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep, at 11pm I think. So we've still got time.

19. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

If unsuccessful with Bennett bid, who would you want instead?

20. Whole-lot-of-Holt_HtH

Wow this has had nearly 1500 views. Big interest in this possible move.