1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

best player of the first part of the season

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by madridxp, Dec 31, 2015.

1. madridxp

madridxp New Member

hello my best player of the first part of the season
    Is my Riyad Mahrez
    i think that mahrez is the bright player in the 1st half of season
    what about you ?
    what you choose ?
    this is a video of riyad mahrez all goal - assists - skills

2. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Mad skillz bruv

FosseFilberto likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep I'd go with that. He's been a sensation.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Fellaini.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Started drinking early ?

6. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yes, I hope to be in bed by 10pm.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

He's not Benteke

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Mahrez has been exceptional ... my favourite clip in that vid is when he sits 3 Villa players on their arse simultaneously with one change of direction ... but it's a tough call for us .. Vardy has also been brilliant and N;Golo Kante has been a revelation ... just hoping they (and the others tbf), can keep it up for the second half of the season ...

In terms of opposition players ... Dmitri Payet was going great before injury ... big shouts too for Ighalo, Lukaku, Ozil, Mane, Dele Alli and the incredibly good to watch (these days) Stoke City ..

9. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Ozil has been better but is less fashionable

gooner4ever likes this.
  10. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.. the overall stats might dispute that .. Mahrez tops the 'involvement' in goals with 20 ... but it's all about opinions.. for me Mahrez is the most exciting player in the EPL because he is unquestionably the best dribbler ... :)

11. Rick O'Shea

The stats say mahrez is more fashionable? How do you work that one out?

Arsenal play differently to Leicester, and the two players aren't of exact same position, of course the stats are going to be different.

I'll stick with Ozil thanks

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

:) as I knew you would... would be a bit of a shock for you to otherwise less it be mistaken as a positive towards Leicester City

13. Rick O'Shea

Eh? Just because I don't hold Leicester as some sort of bastion for all that is good in football, nay the world, means I'm negative about them? I have no reason to be. <doh>

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.. the fact that Piskie an Arsenal fan would give this particular accolade to Mahrez (ie somebody that watches entire Arsenal games) .. yet you, presumably from MOTD highlights, so adamantly proclaim that Ozil has been better suggests that either watching your shower has become so grim that you have become a closet Gooner or you're just a little reluctant to give credit where it is properly due? .. did you watch the OP (not a Leicester fan btw) video even? I suspect not ..

15. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

And just because you have had a brilliant one half of a season, probably the first time in your premiership history. It doesn't mean that Leicester have to be the centre of everything either <ok>

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... and where exactly has that been posted or claimed by any Leicester fan? ... this thread is started by a non Leicester fan ... personally I feel Mahrez is deserving of the accolade from an 'excitement' perspective (name me a more entertaining player for neutrals in this first half of the season?) ... but that's just my opinion ... seems to be shared by fans of many other clubs ... which carries far more weight than my opinion ...

... now don't mistake me ... I really rate rate Ozil ... I give him credit in this thread ... but I can't for the life of me see how he has surpassed what Mahrez has done in these first 19 games ... but I would be interested to hear the views and basis from those that do...

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I was tempted to say Ozil because he has been the heartbeat of Arsenal this season, dictating play, opening up defences, providing the most assists, scoring a few himself and generally being really slick and creative in everything he does. But I've chosen Mahrez because his play has been explosive and exciting. He's clearly a top talent and he's added a real buzz to the premier league this season (along with Leicester generally).

I think the main difference between Ozil and Mahrez is that Ozil goes about his work quietly, if you watch him closely then you will realise that he's as clever off the ball as he is with it, as he's always available and he pulls oppo players out of position. Ozil has a technique that doesn't require fancy tricks, he's got that 'Zidane' type of footballing brain where he sees the outcome before it's happened and can dictate the play in a relaxed way.

Mahrez for me is more of an explosive impact type of player, running at defenders, turning them inside out and being able to deliver precise balls into the box. He's also got a superb shot and finish on him. He's very skillful on the ball, quick, incisive and overall this makes him a really dangerous player. I don't think he offers as much to the team overall as Ozil does for Arsenal, but I've still given him the nod for the first part of this season as he's been so exciting to watch.

18. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Mahrez makes Leicester tick and has been incredibly consistent, same went for Payet, hopefully he'll return against LFC tomorrow and normal service will be resumed. at the other end of the pitch, Alderwereild is having a good season

19. Rick O'Shea

Now if you'd ask me which player is most important to their team mahrez wins hands down. But that's a different question. And as for watching YouTube clips, you can make anybody look like Ronaldinho. Much like your uninformed facts, nothing is proven

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.. challenge accepted. .. make one of your lot ..over the same period .. look like Ronaldinho.. :)

SpursDisciple likes this.