1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big Brother is after?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

City banning flags. Ernie on not 606 dodgy as that is.

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

What is this thread about? To me it makes no sense?

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Bristol Sport and Bristol City are banning flags with the word Ultra on them. That could also include the Angry Robin.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Posted by Dave Lloyd on OTIB yesterday...

Dave L

please log in to view this image

Posted Yesterday, 03:42 PM
    I have replied to East End Wurzel explaining this, however I'm happy to clarify here.
    Events at the recent City / Rovers game saw a shocking return to levels of violence that we hadn't seen at Ashton Gate for many years. It was obvious that there are still people associated with BCFC who think that violence and 'Old School' hooliganism is still acceptable. Disappointingly, some came on this forum and said so.
    As a result, we have felt the need to clearly state our view that any form of violence at Ashton Gate is totally unacceptable and unwelcome to the principal shareholder, board of directors, staff, players and the vast majority of our fans. In the light of that, things that we might have turned a blind eye to in the past (such as the use of the word Ultras) have to be re-examined.
    I hope people will understand BCFC's position. even if they don't necessarily agree with it.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Just to follow up he's just posted this. .On OTIB..
    Dave L

please log in to view this image

Posted 33 minutes ago
    I have been an active member of this forum for fifteen years. Since coming to work for Bristol City eight years ago I have continued to engage in debate, given the changing nature of my new role. I have always felt it an important part of my job to be in touch with as many different supporters as possible.
    Over recent years and months the nature of some of the debates across all forms of social media has changed, and this forum is no exception. Some of the abuse and vitriol which has been aimed at BCFC, Bristol Sport and at me personally by anonymous posters has sadly gone too far.
    As such, I have decided to withdraw completely from the OTIB forum, and will no longer post on here, either in the general chat or on the Q and A. I’ve informed the SC&T of my decision and will continue to engage with them fully at every opportunity.
    You can continue to contact me at [email protected], by phone on 0117 963 0683, or face to face on a matchday. We will also be talking at the next FAN meeting on the 12th February about increasing the frequency of our fan engagement meetings and providing more opportunities for fans to talk to us face to face. As ever I am still willing to meet with all supporters, either individually or in organised groups and look forward to continuing in this important supporter liaison role.
    COYR.

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Crock of horseshit that is.. I have sent him two emails recently and never even received the courtesy of a brief reply..

I have read the posts regarding 'ultra flags' on OTIB and the club appear to have got this one badly wrong, along with the bubble machine, now David Llyodd is throwing his toys out of his pram..

Fan liaison officer??

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Complete and utter bollocks the lot of it

Maybe they'd prefer us all to sit in silence or even stay away ?

Football is way too sanitised now, but the powers that be still ignore the most irritating side of the game as a whole which is the blatant cheating, diving, time wasting and all manner of other unsavoury aspects.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

The ultra thing was a bit of a parody from fans. But a real piss take is City players and a manager are in a picture 100% this with City fans with a banner saying you guessed it Ultra.

Think Dave L has done one because he has been found out. Dont want to accuse City of lying but it is very close lately. BS are running the show now and are laying down firmly what they think the future is e'g gentrified and they do not want fans asking questions about it.

Lads in the Williams are also saying stewards took down flags v West Ham.

9. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Wonder if they would have removed it if had said Dolman Gays or East End transgender?

I know ROD will be concerned as he was considering getting one of the above made up!

10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

With a picture of you in it <ok>

banksyisourhero likes this.