1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Bill Hamid - Who He?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 3, 2015.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

John Ruddy's form has been well documented and now this !

D.C. United goalkeeper Bill Hamid is on his way to England for training, according to this report from the Washington Post's Steve Goff. Hamid is reportedly going to be training with English Premier League club Norwich City.

In addition to having one of the least intimidating mascots in the history of sports (They're the Canaries... THE CANARIES!!!), Norwich isn't very good at this game we call soccer. The small, yellow birds are three points out of the relegation zone, and they've conceded the fifth most goals in the league so far this season.

Speculation started to run a little wild yesterday when Hamid posted this picture to his Instagram account with the location being London. Was he finally going to make the long-rumored transfer to the Premier League?

http://www.blackandredunited.com/dc...d-norwich-city-premier-league-train-dc-united

<laugh>

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lol, I just posted this on the 'general football' thread.
    I'd like to see some of these "small yellow birds" take a humongous dump on the author's head! <laugh>

KIO likes this.
  3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Shame 'CanariesSoccer' no longer posts on here Cromer, I'm sure he would have come up with a great response to that article <laugh>

JM Fan and Resurgam like this.
  4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Sounds like this might be a 'trial' like Hamid had at West Brom a few years back. All a bit strange when we already have 3 keepers. Surely Rudd would get a chance before we bring another keeper in. Here's his wiki page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hamid

5. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

The Author avoided being sent to 'Pundit Prison' on 'The Scrimmage' last night by a whisker, that honour went to Mr Patrick Barclay for this pathetic rant :biggrin:

"For a player to be subjected to this is worse than being slapped or aggressively grabbed, which almost invariably leads to the assailant’s dismissal, even if there has been extreme provocation." <doh>

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...owardly-and-fa-must-take-action-a3126041.html

6. RiverEndRick

Back to Hamid, Paddy Davitt reported this from AN at the Press conference this morning:

AN on Hamid line: 'he is a friend of dean kiely. Came over at #wba. Just coming for a week's training. Nothing else in it.'

7. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Patrick Barclay, he generally speaks a lot of sense and he's one of my favourite journo's, and one of the only things I miss about the Standard since I decided to stop reading it a couple of months ago, however this articale is absolute rubbish as others have said and I can't agree with him at all.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. RiverEndRick

Bennett explained that he put his hands out to keep from running into Sanchez. There was no intent to do harm to him. Absolute rubbish.