1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Billy Bly Trophy game...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

These insufferable twats really are beyond the pale.

2. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I doubt it's very costly to play this one friendly game, and one would expect the only professional club in the East Riding to help and assist semi-professional, amateur and youth sides in the region.

That being said, we ought to remember that Ferriby are a distinct club in charge of their own affairs, playing within the same league pyramid (albeit at a lower level). It's not right that a yearly friendly with Ull Targers is a fundamental part of their annual budget, simply a sign that they're not financially viable and have dramatically overachieved in recent years.

PS. To paraphrase late-20th century philosopher Rubeus Hagrid, "Yer a wizard's sleeve, Ehab"

3. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

I was down at the playing field last week and had a quick look through the turnstile. Didn't look great but then they are at level 7 of the pyramid.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

It's not been like it was this season before mate.

5. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

You could imagine someones trying to **** them up, couldn't you.

6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Went to about 10 Ferriby games this season to get my football fix, and the pitch and facilities where fine.

Just Ehab been a twat, no need to make excuses for the bloke he is just a bully.

7. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Seems like another 2 fingers from the Allams to tradition. Of course, some things do, and need to, change over time but its like they have absolutely no idea and / or are obsessed by finance to the exclusion of doing what is right ('right' for multiple reasons). ****s.

8. City1904

I think that point sets people apart. Sometimes you have to do things in life which are the right thing to do, and that sets people apart. I don't think that Ehab is a good person. I don't like Allam snr but at times he has done a lot of good things (With regards to charity donations), I think Ehab is just a terrible person.

9. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

You can get started early if you're serious, they need help.

"There is another volunteering day this coming Saturday, and probably for every Saturday until the end of June.

If you could sparea couple of hours on any of those Saturdays, your help will be greatly appreciated.

Light refreshments will be available

If you are coming, could you please bring any of the the following:-

Scrubbing brushes for floors, cleaning cloths, old cloths forn use while painting, paint brushes, rollers and trays for emulsion and gloss, extension poles for rollers, dustpans and brushes, sweeping brushes and shovels, buckets, wire brushes, stepladders, hedge trimming equipment, garden debris bags, sand paper.

And of course yourselves. Give it a go you might enjoy yourself! At least the company will be good."

10. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Are there not tax relief benefits from charitable deeds in the UK ?
    Are there not "Kudos" and perceived power gained from such deeds ?
    Persecution in their homeland allegedly. Was there not a welcoming from the UK as a result of that old Egyptian regime's alleged persecution ?
    Baffles me why they act the way they do - mimicking the attitudes & spin they escaped from.
    Genuine & Charitable are not words I would use in this case.
    If this is too political, please delete this post.

Newland Tiger likes this.

11. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I think you are both right City1904 and tigerscanada.
    Enob is a ****. Simple as.
    The old man has given a lot of money to worthy causes locally, but he too is a ****, maybe a lesser ****, but still a ****, who is a out and out liar, a stubborn and vindictive err, ... ****.
    Despicable, the pair of them. As they continue to prove.

Evington and mowds like this.
  12. City1904

Yes there are tax benefits to giving to charity, I know as I do offset mine for tax but I don't know the limit? Obviously you can't just donate all your profit to charity and claim the tax back? As no doubt millionaires would start their own offshore charities get it registered ply all the profit into it and then pay their salaries offshore. You are right but he can't be doing it all for tax?

My knowledge is limited to my own tax affairs and my whiter than white accountant.

13. ImperialTiger

When was at a function in the clubhouse a year ago it was looking pretty good.

14. ImperialTiger

10 years ago it was gift-aided stuff to Uk charities got you tax relief by extending the basic rate tax band (up to a couple of thousand) before you paid higher rate tax.

God knows what it is now but I'm certain that it will have changed at least twice in that time.

15. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

In Scotland it’s usual practice to attend your local Junior team home matches when your league team is away, and your league team will send a team to the Juniors for a pre-season friendly. It would be totally normal and almost expected for City to support North Ferriby as their local non-league team.

Being a twat just because he can? What a small, small man. His dad is pig-headed and stubborn and clueless but at least recognises the good PR of “community” work. Ehab has no redeeming characteristic whatsoever.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  16. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I certainly will be going, I'd rather support a club that appreciates my support than these odious ****s.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  17. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Playing with his toys.

18. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Doesn't this picture just scream 'ME, ME, ME, ME'

Self centred, self seeking, disgusting individual.

No one around in that picture to boo you, like thousands did at Wembley. Remember that day you cretin, because as you continue to trample on people on your way up, you will meet many of them on your way down. You will crash and burn in years to come - guaranteed.

19. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

How does that help really though?
    (I mean apart from heloingvthe charity obviously, and so if you were going to give anything anyway it would be sensible to gift aid)

Wouldn’t you gift say £2k, your tax limit would be increase by £2k, but that would only save you £800 in tax?

Or am I missing something?

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

He'll probably donate in the name of Allamhouse or Allam Marine and the whole amount will come off his tax bill.