1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Billy Sharp

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saintmagic, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Just been told that Billy Sharp may be joining on loan with a view to a permanent transfer in January

Would be happy if true, its from Simon Peach on twitter, who is a Saints fan and journalist.

2. The Archers

The Archers Well-Known Member

Didn't play for Doncaster yesterday.....because of personal problems???

3. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Reported by journalist John Percy up north/midlands way as well, believe this is how Peach found out.

4. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

To be fair this bloke posts about 25 transfer rumours a day. Wouldn't call it a done deal yet.

5. - Doing The Lambert Walk

I've not had a chance to research it, just had a read. Simon doesn't normally comment/publicise any Saints rumour going. Time will tell.

6. CBK

CBK Well-Known Member

I guess Nigel knows what he's really like having managed him before. Just a bit dubious regarding how he "reportedly" turned us down in the summer and other fallings out he's had with managers so don't want anyone coming into the club who might rock the boat. Competition for places is fine, but he wouldn't be guaranteed a first team slot.

7. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Think this may be why a loan deal is being allegedly discussed. Rumour was he wouldn't be able to settle this far South, if we can do a loan, go for it!

8. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

A look see may be the right idea.........It's strange, that my sources are saying the opposite was true during the summer window, in that he wasn't given the chance to speak to Saints. Rumour is that Saints arranged a backdoor approach......Nah that coudn't be true could it? Do we do things like that?

9. Surrey_Saint

Surrey_Saint Well-Known Member

I am not surprised that this is being mentioned as a couple of days ago I heard that Ipswich were going to sign him on loan with a view to a permanent deal in January. When I heard this I thought we needed to get in with an offer so good to be linked with him.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Not till it's on the OS, though I like gossip as much as the next person. We'll just have to trust NC and NA to make right decision. Don't really see why someone turning us down would mean we could never go for them again...we all change our minds.

11. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Why do we need another striker when we manage to score 3 goals against a team who hadnt conceded many before Saturday ? Give our strike force a chance, Barnard hasnt even featured yet !

12. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

A team which plays a 4-4-2 should really have four strikers in the squad who are capable of scoring a decent amount of goals. We've done well so far, but we can't expect Lambert and Connolly to play every game, we don't know how capable Barnard is at this level, and we do know that Forte isn't very capable at this level. We'll need depth later on in the season.

13. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

He wouldn't be a player just for this season obviously. I very much doubt Connolly will get another contract next year and who knows whats going to happen to Barnard.

14. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

There were about 50 'imminent signings' in the summer so I'm not going to pay attention to this one!

<doh>

Some people live their lives on rumours and make up their own for their excitement. Quite sad really... <laugh>

15. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Bit hypocritical, you were all over both the Baldock and Waghorn threads when they appeared.

16. fran-MLs little camera

Thought we wouldn't have all this nonsense again until January...great isn't it? Talking about constant winning is boring...now we have something different to dissect within an inch of its life. Looking at the number of followers tells us how popular this type of thread is.

17. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

It's inevitable that transfer rumours are going to be posted on a football forum. If you don't like it, don't read it.

18. Piebacca

Piebacca Well-Known Member

How could you not "settle this far south?"

I mean, the weather's nicer, the people are better looking, the food is better, and you can breathe the air and drink the water.

19. - Doing The Lambert Walk

To us southerners yes! He's never lived further south than Sheffield, key reason he stayed at Donny so long was O'Driscoll.

20. fran-MLs little camera

Even footballers have families and friends. Anyone would take a well paid job near their home, rather than one that involved moving. Except Nigel, thank goodness.