1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Birmingham - why??

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Oct 11, 2023.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Birmingham sack John Eustace to make way for Rooney to take over.
    Why? They have been playing well and are in the playoff places.
    I’ve nothing against Rooney really - although I think he’s a bit of an idiot I don’t harbour any serious hatred for him, but I think that Birmingham City have treated Eustace disgracefully and I really hope they crash and burn now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67055334

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

A bit harsh, surely they are entitled to have a manager of their choosing, Eustace I’m sure will be compensated handsomely, I don’t see their logic either, but it’s up to them.

3. bcfcredandwhite

It’s probably harsh - you are right. However there are a couple of things that annoy me about Birmingham City:
    1. They always seem to beat us - irrelevant of form or league position
    2. They have rich American owners - I can’t believe that they love football.
    3. They stole our initials!!!

4. AshtonRed

That’s good enough reason for you to wish them to crash and burn granted<laugh>, who or how they pick there manager is a bit of a wired reason though.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  5. bcfcredandwhite

It was more about sacking a manager who was doing well, rather than employing Rooney.

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I’m gonna predict that they rue this day. I detest it when clubs do this. Rooney has zero managerial pedigree, he took Derby down, his MLS club are lower half in their league, so why do the Birmingham board thinks he’s a good choice. It can only be about the exposure and column inches it will gain the club by having the granny sha**er as their boss.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  7. AshtonRed

Surely if you think he’s that sh!t you’d be pleased they’ve appointed him as it gives us a better chance of being above them. I don’t get why people are upset by how other clubs manage their affairs. Anything that gives us an advantage over a club in our division is good by me. I just wish all the championship clubs would do something similar.

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Feel sorry for Eustace as he’s done reasonably well since being in charge
    But with this Brady character putting in the big money they clearly wanted a ‘name’
    Whether it works out with Rooney in charge remains to be seen, but I think he did a more than decent job at Derby under very difficult circumstances

Last edited: Oct 12, 2023
  9. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

It seems the yanks have their own agenda when taking over a club its money profit orientated

10. realred1952

DERBY WAS A UNIQUE SITUATION Rooney was " a player coach" and really the only choice for a cash strapped club that had screwed up. His squad was getting smaller as the season progressed so had a core of players that were used to each other and dipped out at the end due to all the circumstances ...............
    In charge of a "massive" squad" in comparison, that will surely mean a different circumstance with so many choices!

11. bcfcredandwhite

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  12. realred1952

falls under the grouping of managers in the top third of the division or better being replaced by owner!!!! There is quite a few out there JE was doing fine now they are trolling nearer the bottom than they were performing at the top!
    Rooney did well at Derby lge 1!!! with players near to ending their careers and had points to prove ?