1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 12, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2021.
  1. City win

44.9%
  2. Pot holed

26.5%
  3. Bore Draw

28.6%
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Tuesday 7:45pm it’s on sky

So what would you do? Same team same formation?

argue away boys n girls

2. Chazz Rheinhold

3. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Remember it well. Could have nicked it at the death, through leftback Sam. Season after think it was Lee Probert (yes, him) who sent off George Boateng for nowt.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Great line in the forest v Cardiff game
    Show me a manager who isn’t pragmatic and I’ll show you a manager who won’t be in a job long!!

5. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Cardiff are an interesting comparator to City. They clearly have some good young players coming through. But they’ve also invested in key positions - Flint at the back, Moore up front. The Tigers have not done enough of the last bit yet unfortunately.

We will struggle on Tuesday I think. A 1-1 would be decent.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    Chazz Rheinhold likes this.
  6. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Again a point from home would be a bonus, play like we did against Prestin and we'll be okay, play like we did against Derby and Swansea we will get dicked. I think even a blind man can see our current system is too predictable and we need to change it up, I'd be inclined to go with a fluid 5 at the back and encourage the full backs to press on. To that end I'd be dropping Coyle and bringing Emmanuel back, with Thudd playing between Greaves and Bernard. Midfield 3 of Matty Smith Doc and one other, front two of Wilks and Tyler Smith. Need legs in the middle, and a bit of pace up front

Kalman likes this.
  7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

The only way Coyle will not play is if he's crocked....

8. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

6,000 away fans there. We will be lucky if we have 600 there on Tuesday.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The 1868 General Election results for Blackburn was declared null and void after allegations of intimidation of voters and bribing them with ale.

Blackburn was at the centre of anti-powerloom 'Luddite' riots when a mob destroyed 212 powerlooms in the space of 35 minutes.

It was the site of a Roman Temple and was then a place of medieval 'pilgrimage and healing'.

Blackburn was the first town in the UK to take on mass fingerprinting.

The club shirts are a consequence of the merger between two public schools.

Hoghton Tower is the location of the sirloin steak getting its name. It is said that King James I knighted a particularly tasty piece of beef saying 'arise Sir Loin'.
    Susan Boyle is from Blackburn.

The smallest dog in history was a tiny Yorkie from Blackburn. At two years of age and fully grown he was 2.5 inches tall by 3.75 inches long and weighed only four ounces.

Athletic Bilbao and Athletic Madrid used to buy Blackburn Rovers blue and white kits in England. Once in 1911, Juanito Elorduy, former player and member of the board of Athletic Madrid, went to England to buy kits for both teams. When he failed to find Blackburn Rovers kits to purchase, he instead boughtSouthampton red and white ones. Athletic Madrid adopted the red and white shirt but opted to keep Blackburn Rovers' blue shorts, leading to them also being known as Los Rojiblancos."

10. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

It was Probert who sent George off in that midweek game, and agree it was for nowt.

Saw Probert on holiday at La Manga the following Summer, told him as much, he avoided me for some reason for the rest of his holiday<laugh>

johnbo and The B&S Fanclub like this.

11. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I’d start Matt Smith, either ahead of Huddlestone as a like-for-like change, or ahead of Moncur and push Docherty further forward as a playmaker. Tyler Smith ahead of Magennis as well. We all know he won’t change the front-three to something more narrow.

12. Donatella Anybody

Donatella Anybody Well-Known Member

Sign at the Forest mangers car park slot reads Short Stay Only

13. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Car plate: JT1 NOB seen driving around Shotingham.

14. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

wont happen, but i would like to see T smith and Magennis up front in a pair, see if we can actualy work the keeper.
    always a fan of the 3-5-2 personally, still gives you the bodies in midfield and 2 up top.
    going to be optimistic and say surely we will score a goal this time 1-1 , though in my heart i just think 1-0 defeat probably, soz.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  15. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

When we've played 352 in the past under Bruce I agree, we seemed to usually have a decent balance playing that way. Although people did still moan that it was too defensive, same as they do now when England play the back 3.

Thing is though, even aside from McCann's obvious preference to stick with 4-3-3, changing now to a back 3 would make a mess of our squad wouldn't it? Suddenly Coyle and Elder, who are two of our best players, have to do a different role. And Wilks and KLP just don't have a place any more. If McCann did that then he'd get all kinds of **** for leaving his best attackers out. It's always easy for someone on a forum to say "I'd play this formation with X and Y player in these positions" but ignore how that would effect the rest of the team.

Mckechnie Orange and AlRawdah like this.
  16. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Any news on Gorgeous George being in a position to be involved or is this too soon ?

17. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I agree but it will never happen. Even our recent signings are motivated by the 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 we play. That’s why we signed so many wingers and centre-mids. Swansea played a 3-4-3 against us, with only Grimes and Downes as central midfielders and three forwards. I wouldn’t even say our formation is the problem, it’s just how it’s executed sometimes. KLP and Wilks are too wide and isolate Magennis and we rely too much on endless crosses into the box or punting it straight to Magennis even though he has no **** near him to knock it down to. We just need to keep the ball better because we turn over possession way too quickly for my liking.

Evington likes this.
  18. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

He won't be match fit for a while but needs minutes to get there - like Wilks will. I suspect George may be on the bench and come on - maybe play the 90 in an u23s game before he starts?

Blaknamberblood likes this.
  19. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Not really, Wilks isn’t fully match fit and KLP not playing that well. And wouldn’t be a case of no place anymore , as he could then really be a maverick and change it again to suit an opposition , Elder , Coyle and Emmanuelle all got the legs for the role , I would applaud him looking at other options rather then the definition of insanity …. People keep saying about armchair managers / people on forums etc, that’s the whole point of them . We might as well just all be quiet and choose our 4-3-3 teams then

20. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Haven't seen the full 90 vs swansea, but against Bournemouth KLP did well enough, just he's having to protect his fullback in this division more than perhaps he/we are used to so not breaking beyond their defensive lines as often.