1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Donatella Anybody, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

What’s Vaughan’s natural position does anyone know? What kind of player does he style himself as?

2. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Agree with this point about having everyone back. It's just asking for continued pressure. Vaughan would have been near ideal to leave up near the half way line.

highpeak tiger likes this.
  3. LeftSaidFred

LeftSaidFred Well-Known Member

I got the impression from his post-match talk that he sees himself as an attacking midfielder?

4. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Gives me Bowen vibes with his low centre of gravity and ball progression, just needs to improve his finishing.

5. Donatella Anybody

Donatella Anybody Well-Known Member

Bowens finishing was pretty good when he played for us

6. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

Bowen's finishing was excellent but it certainly developed over 2-3 seasons and improved as he gained physical strength.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  7. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

His defensive cover was good too.

8. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

According to the young lady on match of the day it was fantastic when he kicked the ball at the ground and the bounce took it over the keeper into the goal. I thought he miss kicked it.

9. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

That was my point! Vaughn doesn't have that string to his bow(en) yet.

10. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

Vaughan certainly looks a lot more useful than Longman from the limited time we’ve seen of him.

11. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Thought Malcolm bucked his ideas up when he came on so maybe the change against R’ham made an impact .
    Blackburn e were a dirty off and after the ball team , tried to scare a few of ours but we stood up well . I just wish Slater , now Vaughan and Longman and a few others get in the gym and bulk up a bit upper body and as I’ve said before watch some Evandro videos on how to use their hips and arse!

12. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

Make your mind up lad <laugh>

PLT likes this.
  13. Ehab's Member

Ehab's Member Well-Known Member

I think, if you leave one player up front, the opposition usually has two players back - one to cover the striker and one for whoever else breaks to join him, so I kind of agree with you. Peter Taylor used to drive us mad by having all 11 City players in the box to defend a corner but to to be fair to him I think there are stats that show that the amount of bodies in the penalty area (both attacking and defending) has an inverse relationship to the amount of goals scored.

14. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Please please attack the ball at attacking corners from the back of the box !!! so many just curl out or flash off heads to dead balls !
    Pet hate!!

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

Howden Tigress likes this.
  16. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

I expected this to be harder than the Millwall game and I'd say it was, the Middlesbrough one should be even harder.

As seems the norm we performed much better in the second half. And slightly surprisingly to me Blackburn didn't score. We did give the ball away a fair amount, particularly towards the end when Blackburn were pushing hard. Some last ditch defending ended up being enough. Darlow was solid, I think he gives a good impression to people just by his posture, by moving confidently like he has time. Not all his distribution was great though.

Not sure we really looked like scoring. Certainly some good breakaways when Blackburn opened up the middle by pushing forward. Those games always suit us where the middle is vacant, but they haven't happened too often this season. The real step up which we still rarely have, maybe we only do when we are promotion contenders, is to have that cutting edge once we get to the opposition box. We've had a few glimpses throughout the season, but it's still not clear we quite have the final pass, the right decision, the dangerous shot very often. The transfer business in the Summer will decide if we make that step up or not.

17. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

I thought we had 2 gilt edged chances and another 2 which were better than half chances. They had more half chances but did they have more than 4 that they should really have put away?

18. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Blackburn aren't favourites to get promoted now, the energy was impressive at times in the game, and they were very physical but ultimately were lacking. Coventry might have more of a chance than them with their form now. I'm still living in hope that Luton can catch Sheffield.

19. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

I think Luton will finish above Sheffield, well at least above t'owls, not sure about t'blades.

20. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yeah. If our patched up squad wasn't enough, they've got an extra day's rest which is significant when you're talking about 3 days vs 4, and us having very few options to rotate. And obviously, they're a very good side.