1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackpool vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Mar 11, 2023.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

God forbid I get it wrong

2. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Agree. I will try to pretend that this match did not happen!

Talk about “Sports Psychology” and mental training. QPR need to provide support to their fan base!

3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

How many shopping day?

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

283 if you buy presents from the petrol station

5. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Like wow….. Blackpool only had 38% of the ball yet they thumped us with 6, plus they hadn’t won since October last year FFS!

It would seem, we are the team that just keeps giving.

GA is in for a project here and if he doesn’t take a drink, he will quickly learn.

How have we gotten so bad?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Pedant. That's one. Was three, now seven.

LandOfHoopsAndGlory likes this.
  7. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20230315_064138_Chrome.jpg
    Guess which club's odds are shortening significantly?

Frankly, I'm surprised it's not worse!

LandOfHoopsAndGlory and Rodney like this.
  8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Had a good natter with my lad after last night. He doesn't remember Ainsworth, too young, so has no sentiments towards him at all. He summed it up quite well. 3 of the worst 'footballing performances' he has seen have come in his 4 games. Punt it up to Chris ****in Martin and hope for the best. We did it better from different positions against Watford but realistically, that's all it was. 'so dad, just because he played for us and the fans loved him, he gets forgiven for piss poor tactics'?. 'didnt all you fans love les Ferdinand aswell'?
    He's just another **** manager managing **** players, not a recipe for success.

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

This club is going backwards at an alarming pace. I can't see how we can possibly improve the playing staff without spending a penny. We don't have a player worth over 2m which wouldn't even cover our monthly debts. It ain't getting any better than this!

deano58 likes this.
  10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Now I have a real dilemma. Any luck something will happen which means I can’t go……

Didley Squat likes this.

11. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Your son has it spot on, Bob.

Unlike us, he doesn’t have rose coloured glasses on and or lives on the past memories.

If our club was on the share market, they would’ve suspended trading by now. Sadly, we really have gone from heaven to hell at a rate of knots.

One of the things that concern me is how quiet our board / owners, have been on everything QPR.

It’s almost like we have no one steering the bus.

bobmid likes this.
  12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I think that's a tad unfair.
    He's come in to a complete **** show. Tippy tappy has failed with these crap players. We're not going to see lovely, flowing football between now and the end of the season.
    Performances mean nothing right now.
    We saw against Watford that Ainsworth can get this shower to battle and fight.
    For whatever reason it disappeared last night, possibly the early penalty smashed all that (all too easily) out of them.
    I don't want to see hoof ball all the time, but right now we're in a dog fight and need to do whatever we can to survive.
    I won't judge him till next season.

13. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Please, please cease and . desist Kiwi. You are bringing bad luck on the team.

We all know our team is full of great superstars, with a great team ethos...and the only reason we are losing is you and your unlucky Xmas clock kiwi

LandOfHoopsAndGlory and kiwiqpr like this.
  14. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I personally think it is fair. 3 of his 4 games have been atrocious. Anyone and I mean anyone can say right lads, get the ball up to Martin as quick as possible and we will try play the percentages. It's straight from the Charles Hughes manual.
    I like Ainsworth, he is a legend at QPR but I won't let that cloud my judgement and it was interesting to hear someone's view who has no memory of him.

15. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Interesting perspective. Also, those of us that did see him play have to remember that he was great, and gave his all, but the team he played in played some pretty bad football at times, under a string of managers who never really got the squad going. Yes, Watford was a good result, but it was against a team doing well, at home, so much easier to motivate the team...last night was just abysmal and all the players should hang their heads in shame.

bobmid likes this.
  16. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I've thought of a positive. We've scored in all 4 of Ainsworth's games, granted we've also conceded 12 but I've got nothing else.

Oddly though I do think we'll grind out the odd result or two we need to secure safety but where it leaves us going forward is anyone's guess.

Really hope Paal is back this weekend, not that he's been great recently but our defence yesterday was the worst I've seen. Doesn't really matter how well the forward players play if your defenders are made of butter.

Stef has to come in for Dozzell as well, its hard to imagine a more invisible performance than his yesterday.

Hammersmith bookie and Rodney like this.
  17. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Watford we’re caught out by our hoof ball tactics but if it’s become our way of playing, everyone will be on to it.
    How many of our injured list are in any rush to get back? I doubt any are pushing themselves.
    This Saturday is massive now and worryingly I think will be another thumping.

18. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

no doubt Neil Critchley will have a wry smile on his face this morning. Ainsworth shouldn't completely take the rap for that abject show:emoticon-0101-sadsm

LandOfHoopsAndGlory likes this.
  19. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

Maybe another game at the intensity levels played against Watford was just too much with the same players? Maybe back to Watford levels for Saturday? Here's hoping anyway

20. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Yes, anyone can say these things, but hopefully Ainsworth can instill some pride in playing for the club.
    Not saying he can with this bunch of ****ers, but against Watford there were signs of it.
    My lad doesn't remember Ainsworth either and knows a lot about the game, tactics etc.
    All he wants is survival, however it happens.
    I agree with him.
    Yes, the future looks bleak and things may well get much worse and all we see is hoof ball in league one.
    But for now, I don't care what it looks like as long as we scramble together a few more points.