1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bluetooth speaker recommendation needed

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by marcusblackcat, Aug 24, 2021.

1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Sorry guys. Busy day and night! Just in from overtime. I want one which is portable so not mains powered. Would’ve potentially got her an echo if she’d wanted mains but she wants to be able to cart it around! Will be having a proper look tomorrow

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Well-Known Member

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Essayyeffcee

Essayyeffcee Well-Known Member

4. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Is that a tenner a month ?
    I'm too tight. I was paying £3.99 a month for alexa but hardly using it.
    Spotify seems much better mind, the lads got it .

5. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Bet the kids were sniggering at that one <laugh>

SAFC2403 likes this.
  6. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Think I pay about £13.99 a month for a family subscription - the wife and kids have a log in, my Sister over in Canada has one and my tight-as-a-gnat's-chuff Father in Law, who could buy and sell me, but refuses to pay for his own subscription also has one

Nig likes this.
  7. SAFC2403

SAFC2403 Well-Known Member

Once you get past the name it’s a cracking little speaker. Also they do really good charging cables for iPhones etc.

Nig likes this.
  8. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I remember seeing them when I bought the psyc and laughing at the name. Also they look very similar.

It was the price/value I went for as well as the mass of plus reviews for the psyc.

Here's one from Amazon comparing them,

Mr D.
    5.0 out of 5 starsVerified Purchase
    Psyc Monic vs Anker SoundCore vs DOSS Boombox
    Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 15 July 2017
    Was looking for a decent but cheap portable bluetooth speaker, after looking at various top 10's and reviews I whittled it down to the Anker Soundcore, the Doss Boombox and this the Sumvision Psyc Monic. Couldn't split them based on reviews alone so cheekily ordered all three to compare them for myself. There was only one winner, the Psyc Monic absolutely blew the other two out of the water, not even in the same league and to be fair they aren't as the Psyc's secret weapon is the absolutely sublime passive subwoofer which just takes the depth and quality of the audio to whole other level that the other two simply cant compete with. Don't get me wrong the Anker is a cracking little speaker but for the extra £7 I cant understand why anyone wouldn't pay that little bit extra for a whole lot more. To put it in a nutshell, The Anker and the Doss are like listening to good portable bluetooth speakers (Anker outperformed the DOSS by the way), the Psyc is like listening to a stereo system. The only negative as most have mentioned is battery life performance, which is at the lower end of the scale, 7hrs is clearly a stretch of a claim, but its something personally i'm willing to accept as a trade off for the superb performance, others however may not. Other notable points; the design is simple but stylish, build quality is clearly premium and as the old saying goes with speakers the heavier the better and well this feels like a small brick! The small percentage of negative reviews I can only put down to unlucky faulty units, as my experience has been overwhelmingly positive. Purchase with confidence fellow Amazonians

SAFC2403 and Robertson like this.