1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bony set to miss out today.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

At least according to the walesonline article. Laudrup still thinks Bony needs time to adapt to prem football, I personally think he should start him and if it doesn't work out replace him on 60 mins , he needs to test himself against these players sooner or later but I can also see Laudrups reasons.

Thoughts on Bony, looks a proven goal scorer for me and will only get better,but he needs games to improve,bit of a chicken and egg scenario isn't it !

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-citys-wilfried-bony-set-6144656

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He did look more complete at the start of the season, seems to have gone off the boil a bit. So, that's the opposite of adapt, but in truth, I'll be pleased if he is missing today.

3. Norway-jack

bony is a great signing make no mistake. He has been at the forefront of a lot of our goals and scored his share too , most of us would like to see more of him but his minutes in the prem league have been very low. Laudrup knows best of course , but for some of us it feels a bit weird. Last season he played another player who was new to the league and he played him regular and before better players !

Now Laudrup has a top striker at the club but seems reluctant to play him !

Many have said he has a blind spot when it comes to forwards, don't think that's the case, but if you pay a lot of money for a player who does score when he plays for you, then why not play him more often ?

4. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

I suppose it hasn't helped with the teams we have played in the prem, that really is throwing a newe player in at the deep end, esp when he is to play up front on his own, and being put up against some of the best defences in the country.

I think had our opening fixtures been a tad easier, then he would have played more, and now that our fixtures will start getting a touch easier with some of the big guns out of the way, he will hopefully get some starts. Away at Southampton, to me is still a big ask, so just hope to see him get some minutes either way.

5. Norway-jack

Well, we don't know for sure if he starts or not but if the quotes from Laudrup are anything to go by then he may well sit this out. The other thing is that Laudrup is quite canny in his press calls so he may just not want to give anything away to the opposition .

I can understand packing the midfield for the top teams but Southampton ,while being very good should be a team we play against for points not try to contain, home or away .

6. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

I totally agree that Southampton for us is a game we should try to go out and win against, but I am still concerned about our backline.

7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I thought he had a good game Thursday ,both defensively and attacking but today is about winning the midfield and counter attacking so I wouldn't be surprised to see Vasquez picked for this one today

8. Jokeren1943

Jokeren1943 Member

If Bony isn't fit (adapted) to play in Premier league, we must accept Vazquez ain't either.

So we are playing with no striker today it seem.

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Hope not , I don't think it's because he's not fit (well I hope not ,even I'd be fit by now ), Vazquez is a different type of player but unfit ?

10. Norway-jack

Can we say southamptons midfield is better than ours ? I would say we Are equal on that score, and lets remember sunderland went There and got a point, so for me its a game where we play OUR game not theirs.

It Will be a tough game, i can understand shaping our team to contain the likes of ozil etc but Southampton Are a team that we should be prepared to go toe to toe with, hopefully thats the case today .

Our defence is extremeøy poor of late so maybe this is tainting laudrups thoughts ?

11. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just Laudrup keeping things close to his chest. Seems all a bit weird to me. We pay so much & seem reluctant to play him. He needs games to get his total sharpness surely. I don't go with this defence issue too. Yes, it's weakened, but to me the only problem is Tiendalli, not him & Amat!! This is what we got & we have to go with it!! If Tiendalli just sticks to his position & he carry's out full-back duty's only, as we are away, hopefully we'll get a better game out of him. Dyer maybe playing in front of him will help to defensively. Of course Laudrup might change him (Taylor) & also to me, Amat's doing fine, so the defence has to cope. He needs the exposure (Amat), after all it's a long season & he is our fall-back cover in the center. I don't think we're the best at containing sides, sooner or later, something always gives!! I think it's better to give them something (opposition), right at their back-line & to me, that means, at least playing with a recognised striker, so that's Bony & Michu at his marauding best behind him!!!

12. Norway-jack

Tend to agree WSAF , I think Bony is good enough to battle prem defences without being spoon fed games but maybe Laudrup is looking at a different picture . Id rather us have game winners in the team any day of the week and every time ive seen bony play he gets a shot off and worries the **** out of defences, he also creates space for michu .

By the way wsaf did you get my PM ?

13. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Yeh sorry Norway, just been busy & haven't had time to get back!!

14. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

I see Bony playing today, hence why Ludrup took him off on Thursday.

15. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

By adapt, does ML mean play for the team in defence rather than just turn it on when ball is within 5 metres of him?

16. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

We all presume that the big money player was everybody's first choice, but was Bony really ML's choice. I ask this because he is playing him as if he isn't or so it is starting to appear, or that there is something about Bony that ML is not 100% happy with. At this point in the season, wouldn't this player have done everything he has to do to become match fit from a stamina point of view. Adaptation is only going to come by playing games.

Perhaps it's me but I get the sense that Vazquez would get far more game time once he hit's the back of the net. Look at all the players we looked at before Bony, are they not more Vazquez types than Bony types?

17. mikraswan

mikraswan Well-Known Member

Could be he's carrying an injury fx bruised ribs, that could cause him to be weaker --> not as useful to the team?

18. Norway-jack

I think similar, but there are so many things we don't know about. Bony has got injured ribs and if any of you have had that you will understand how it limits you! of course it might not be that at all , its a little bit of a mystery especially compared to the way Laudrup persisted with Shector last season !

Was Bony a club signing or a laudrup signing ? I think it was a Laudrup signing myself but due to the split recruitment system we have do we really know ? of all the clubs signings like Bartley and Ki they have been dispatched off project, there seems to be a symmetry with bony.

All things considered we don't know if he plays today as of yet, I like Bony and I think he will do great for us, im sure Laudrup can see the advantage of having a finisher at the club, could all be because the guy feels he needs more time to adapt, he pointed at that in his interview the other day .

19. Viking_Jock

Viking_Jock Member

20. Yankee_Jack

Yankee_Jack Well-Known Member

I like Bony and Vazquez. Both have great potential. Both offer a different presence and impact on the field.

It could be that Bony is battling through a rib problem - amazing if he is, when it's past he's going to be more of a handful than he already is.