1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bournemouth v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 21, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Bourn lucky

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Promotion charge here we go?
    No idea about all these new signings we’re going to be making. The players we’ve got are on a high. So let’s continue with a win city 2-1.

upload_2022-1-21_7-49-10.jpeg

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Brownsea Island a Dorset nature reserve, is the place that Scouting was started in 1907 by Lord Baden-Powell.

Actress Amanda Holden once rode around Bournemouth naked on a motorbike after being dared £20 by friends. After whizzing round the block she shouted 'say no to crack' at a security guard.

The Celtic translation for “Dorseteschire” means “the place of fisticuffs”.

After Liverpool and London, Bournemouth is the UK town where the Beatles played the most concerts and their cover for their second album With the Beatles was a photograph taken at the Palace Court hotel in 1963.

Tony Hancock (1924-68) gave his first comedy performances in Bournemouth, as his father was a hotelier at the Durlston Court Hotel (today's Hotel Celebrity), in Gervis Road. .

Bournemouth July 12, 1910 saw the aviation pioneer Charles Rolls die in a horrific crash. The co-founder of Rolls Royce became the first British man to die in an aircraft crash.

Bournemouth doesn't have a High Street. In fact, there is only one 'street' in Bournemouth - Orchard Street as the locals did not like the suffix 'street' due to its working-class connotations.

The first arrests in the Great Train Robbery investigation were made in Tweedale Road, off Castle Lane West, Bournemouth.

In 1892 18-year-old Winston Churchill fell from a bridge in Bournemouth. After falling 29 feet he was unconscious for three days and his injuries left him bedridden for three months.

In 1940, Labour leader Clement Attlee made a historic phone call from the Highcliff Hotel in Bournemouth which ensured that Winston Churchill would be Prime Minister.

Bournemouth Pier has the world's first and only pier-to-shore zipline

Bournemouth Mayor Merton Russell-Cotes is said to have received his knighthood for his discretion when King Edward VII regularly visited the Russell-Cotes with his famous mistress, Lily Langtry

In 1909, Bournemouth became the first place in the UK to have purpose-built beach huts.

The oldest post box in England (and still in use today) can be found in Holwell, a picturesque village in Dorset.

In 2011, a beach hut in Bournemouth became the first in England and Wales to be allowed to hold weddings and civil partnerships.

The most bendy road in Britain is located in Dorset; a 1.5km stretch at Cann Common.

There are only 5 counties in England that don’t have a motorway, and Dorset is included in that illustrious list.

Fisherman's Walk Cliff Lift in Southbourne made it into the 2015 Guinness World Records as the world's shortest funicular railway.

Mary Shelley, best known for her novel Frankenstein, is buried at St Peter's Church in Bournemouth along with her parents, who were feminist author Mary Wollstonecraft and philosopher and journalist William Godwin. Her husband, English poet Percy Bysshe Shelley, drowned in a boating accident in the Gulf of Spezia in 1822 and his cremated remains were buried in Rome.However, it is said that his heart refused to burn, and was snatched out of the pyre by a friend, who gave it to his widow. The remains of the heart were later interred in the family plot at St Peter's Church.

In 2011, Bournemouth gained the record for the most people to shower simultaneously at a single venue. 152 men and women gathered under a huge shower that had been specially built on the beach.

In Bournemouth's 116 year history, they have played in or below the third tier for all but five years. (From April 2015)

Bournemouth were Harry Redknapp's first club as a manager. He took charge of them for nine years, overseeing 464 games - the most he has managed any team.

Jermain Defoe made 31 loan appearances for Bournemouth, scoring 19 goals.

Rio Ferdinand also wore the Bournemouth shirt, playing 11 times for them on loan from West Ham.

Bournemouth has historically been such a popular retirement town that births didn't exceed deaths until 2007.

The first mention of the town was in 1406, when a monk described how an 18-foot-long fish washed up on the beach at "La Bournemowthe."

Businessman Lewis Tregonwell visited the beach at Bournemouth with his wife in 1810. She loved it so much that she wanted to live there, so Tregonwell built a house on the 8-and-a-half acres he purchased. It was the only house in Bournemouth for the next 27 years, until a settlement began in 1837.

3. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

Just to cheer you up ahead of a long trip to the South Coast tomorrow…

The Tigers have never conceded fewer than five goals when playing Bournemouth away in the top two tiers - 2-6 in Feb 1988, 1-5 in Nov 1988, 4-5 in Aug 1989 and 1-6 in Oct 2016.

4. Chazz Rheinhold

5. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

What's this three game losing run we're on?

Anyway wouldn't be shocked if we nicked something. 1-1

Newland Tiger likes this.
  6. Chazz Rheinhold

Keep it light Al

dennisboothstash and AlRawdah like this.
  7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Regulation 4-0

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

9. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

1-2 city win. Dare to dream

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  10. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Interesting as ever DMD(performs Curtsy in recognition)...

Point 2 has some interest...I wouldn't say no to Amanda Holdens c*a*k(sorry ladies).

DMD likes this.

11. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

There isn't a city in Dorset. Poole has the largest on-shore oil field in Westerm Europe I was amazed to discover when on holiday in Dorset. Still huge reserves nearby that greens are stopping the extraction of.. It also has the second largest natural harbour in the world after Port Jackson, Sydney.

I had the best pizza I ever had in Bournemouth, cooked in a miniature replica of an American Airstream Caravan.

DMD likes this.
  12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

She can sit naked on the back of my motorbike any time she wants.

DMD likes this.
  13. Chazz Rheinhold

Gotta say Amanda Holden is foul plastic face and personality

14. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

No idea, who is she? I just like the idea of a naked lady on the back of my bike.

I suppose I should google her.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  15. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Sadly nowadays you aren't wrong.. I don't understand all this BOTOX nonsense.

16. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I know someone who earns his living touting it around Knightsbridge to the clinics there.
    He does very very well from it.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  17. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Years ago someone wrote an article saying Raquel Welch owed her enviable figure to cosmetic surgery. She stated she was prepared to undergo a physical examination to disprove it and would sue the writer if they didn't retract the statement. The writer did but it was reported elsewhere that 16 doctors were crushed in the rush to offer their services.<laugh>

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    over18and legal and DMD like this.
  18. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

I had my first ever donner kebab in Bournemouth. Something like 40 years ago (and before I knew better). Bloody nice though, with all the trimmings. Maybe it's a sign?

19. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

We’ve got one match momentum & a feel good factor.

We popped Acun’s cherry Wednesday night, on only our second date. Tomorrow we’ll pop the Cherries. City 3 nowt.

Red top reader likes this.
  20. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Can't see us repeating Wednesday's heroics, backs to the wall all game, late penalty to us, 1-0.
    UTT!