1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing tonight

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Jesus, the TNT commentary was so biased.

2. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was well worth staying up for. Ridiculous scoring at the end. Fury shows he’s totally classless again.

3. askewshair

Fury’s corner should have brought the concussion sub on after the 9th.

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Surprised it didn’t get stopped in the 9th but it turned out to be the correct call, fair play to the ref. That was a brave decision to allow it to continue.

It’s about time boxing judges came under some proper scrutiny. Every man and his dog scored that 7-5 rounds to Usyk + a knockdown. 115-112.

A very good and on the whole pretty close fight though which is more than I’d expected. The rematch will be good.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  5. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

For me I had Uysk up 2-0 after 2 rounds. Then Fury won the next four. Leaving it 4-2 Fury.

After I think Uysk won the next couple of rounds. Leaving it 4-4.

The next round, thing round. Uysk wins the round 10-8. It probably should be 6-4 Usyk.

The next three rounds I give to Uysk.

So I give it 115-112 Usyk.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
  6. Kevin Francis

Kevin Francis Well-Known Member

Fury won 4,5,6 convincingly. There’s a little argument he won the 7th but most people who know boxing give that to Usyk. That leaves the scores 117-110 Usyk. Or 116-111 if you’re extremely generous and give fury the 7th. The fight should have been stopped in the 9th regardless of him making a recovery. Any other fighter and that’s stopped. Regardless, it was an absolute masterclass from Usyk bar 3 rounds when it looked like fury had a foothold and started to gain momentum.
    the split decision is another stain on boxings record. I’d urge anyone who thinks that fight was close to rewatch it again without commentary. Score the fight round by round and actually look at punches landed, and control of the centre of the ring. How anyone has that fight close is beyond me.

mazzer, Carmine Galante. and Kalman like this.
  7. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I don’t think Usyk will be ever have the power to knock most heavyweights clean out onto the deck but what he’s great at, that he’s done his whole career, is doing exactly what he did in the 9th when he hit Fury with a barrage of quick combinations and wobbled him. Did it to AJ too. His accuracy and solid defence makes up for his lack of power. Clever body shots to ensure he’s ahead on points throughout the fight and then later on he can hit opponents with combinations that won’t knock a guy clean out but will definitely do damage. He’s an exceptional boxer.

8. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Fury’s comments after the fight made him look silly and petulant ( might have learned how to have no grace in defeat from AJ) but were said when emotions were running high.

On reflection, if he has more dignity and backs down then he’ll be forgiven by most.

If, however, either Tyson or his half wit dad, carry on with that narrative then even the most ardent Fury fans would have to start questioning just how much of a ****house the bloke really is.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I've enjoyed what Fury has done. He's certainly blown some cobwebs from the sport, but his day has passed, and Usyk as Champion is definitely the best result for boxing.

On top of what he's already earned, $100 million plus for last night has got to make you wonder if it's worth putting yourself through it all again.

Heimdallr and Carmine Galante. like this.
  10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

The guy is a ****, if we had **** of the Month he's a shoe in.

Kevin Francis and askewshair like this.

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Rematch scheduled for October

12. TheCasual

TheCasual Well-Known Member

I thought the turning point was when Uysk broke Fury's nose in round 7. Fury really struggle with workmate after that.

13. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I am surprised that anyone is surprised about Fury’s comments to be honest. He has said stupid and insensitive things his entire career.

14. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

I thought it was an ok fight but nothing special.

These days I find MMA far more entertaining.
    UFC don’t bother with all that 30 minutes nonsense from the ring walk to the fight actually starting

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Pot

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Crooks and mugs continue to perpetuate this pantomime of a sport. Idiots will pay again and the crooks at the top will let them.

17. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Agree with that. It was one hell of a punch too. For what its worth I thought Fury started the fight pretty well and boxed well. I was suprised when everyone else said Uysk had won the first three rounds, I thought it was maybe 2-1 to Fury after three rounds. Fury's show boating won't have helped him with the judges. Impressed with Uysk, for a smallish fella comapred to Fury and he tooks some blows, the bloke showed some balls to come out on top and just about edged it for me. Great fight. If I was Fury I'd throw the towel in now and take the easier money commentating and get on the celebrity this, celebrity that gravy train.
    Look at Eddie 'the Eagle' Edwards? Still milking it after coming last, once.

Last edited: May 19, 2024
  18. Tentotwo

Tentotwo Well-Known Member

After all the build up Heavyweight boxing must be at an all time low . As for the fight itself..Usyk fully deserved that fight period. Fury wanted a showpiece on his terms and came unstuck against an opponent who’d dedicated itself for two,years building up for his time to come. Fury lost too much weight for me looking for speed and couldn’t boss the fight the way he normally does but again credit to Ukrainian who came back and took it to Fury big time and shut the Gypsy up for once.

19. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Fury caught Usyk more than once with solid connections and you maybe thought that Fury wobbled him but he didn’t. At no point in the fight did Usyk’s legs go but Fury’s did, despite being the much bigger and much more powerful fighter.

DMD and Tickton Tiger. like this.
  20. askewshair

There was a right handed uppercut in the middle rounds from Fury which would have lifted most men off the ground. Usyk just shrugged it off.

DMD and dennisboothstash like this.