1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boycott or not

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Heed

Heed well known cheat

No probs, just an observation.

2. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

Its about principle

3. Fork Handles

Fork Handles Well-Known Member

It’s strange because due to a number of events I’m in the position of wanting to take a season ticket for the first time this year. Really mixed views but on balance will go for it as I may not get another chance and hope for change ASAP. Spoke to a mate from the Yorkshire Mags and he said that they were all going

4. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

They are indeed cracking seats, you can be at the bar within about a minute <laugh>

JakartaToon likes this.
  5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That’s probably why Albert doesn’t like to use them.

cronemeister likes this.
  6. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Haven't bought a shirt in ages, way to expensive for the quality that Puma produce. Seriously, Newcastle havent had a nice kit in years.

Left the UK over a year ago, they arent getting a penny out of me. If it continues I can honestly say I'm a neutral and ambivalent to Newcastle until he goes.

Flash and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  7. Squint Eye

Squint Eye Active Member

My apologies if you have seen (it is from nufc.com)

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Desperate times.....

please log in to view this image

The following NUFC fan group collective statement appeared on Tuesday; we're happy to share this to update supporters who don't use social media.
    Dear supporters of Newcastle United Football Club,

If you go to the match this season you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.

If you boycott televised games you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.

If you boycott the Arsenal game and St. James Park for the rest of the season you are not in the wrong; Mike Ashley is.

Ashley is wrong for this club and he is wrong if he thinks he has a future here. He does not give or build, he only knows how to take and throw his weight around. His bottom-line approach will see this club fail. Perhaps not this season nor the next but we will do nothing except circle the bowl and it will be slow, painful and totally needless.

What we need is a message. Not just to Ashley but also to the Premier League and football as a whole, that this man is toxic. Your brand will be tarnished and your product degraded. The ‘best league in the world’ seeming tolerant of a club existing solely to promote one of the country’s most loathed brands. We need him gone from our club.

Many will say it’s impossible to achieve, that he doesn’t care what we do or say or think but what is it we’ve criticised Ashley for most? A lack of ambition. Now it’s time we become the counterweight - the ultimate display of ambition. Wor flags set records, just look what our fans are capable of. Each of us wants to be stood shoulder to shoulder, United in voice for our club so let’s get ambitious. Let’s change the narrative. Let’s show what can happen when you disrespect a city, a community, a passionate, obsessed fanbase.

To this end, we call on all NUFC supporters to show the world that we will not take it lying down, that we will no longer stand idly by. The first step is to boycott the Arsenal game...

#BoycottArsenal

To all fans of Newcastle United FC and all media outlets. Due to the ongoing situation at our great club, we would like to confirm that the following groups are now working together:

@IfRafaGoesWeGo @emptyforashley @NUFC360
    @TheMagpieGroup @NWMagpies @maintainSJP
    @Mike_Ashley_Out @AshleyOutdotcom
    @LondonMagpies

Our initial aim is to mobilise a boycott of the Arsenal game (#BoycottArsenal) on the 11th of August with details and plans to boycott future games to be announced in the coming weeks. This is step one in our plan to starve Mike Ashley of the thing he desires most: money.

#BoycottSJP

That’s why we will be focusing on a full boycott of matchday activities at St James’ Park going forward and this will be our mantra until the club has new ownership.

We, collectively, will not be putting another penny in Mike Ashley’s hands and so we have effectively banned ourselves from entering SJP, Nine bar, the club shop or any Sports Direct store nationwide.

We are in the process of organising protests at Sports Direct branches nationwide. More details will follow .

Boycotting is the hardest decision any of us will likely ever make regarding NUFC. We will still support the club and follow them at away games but this no longer feels like ‘our’ club and it is time to make a stand.

We are working tirelessly to find alternatives for fans during boycotted games which we explain below.

#SupportOurToon

We are very happy to announce that we have the support of many local businesses, some of whom are offering special deals on match days for food and drink to fans who boycott the games. This list is ever-growing so please follow the hashtag #SupportOurToon on twitter to keep updated.

More specific details to follow.

This is why we are using the #SupportOurToon hashtag so fans can still enjoy the pre-and post-matchday experience whilst also supporting our local bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants.

Mike Ashley can try and kill our club; he will never kill our proud city.

Contact details:

We welcome any input, support, ideas and help from like-minded supporters and supporters groups worldwide. If you would like to be part of this movement in any way please contact us at [email protected]

8. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

@IfRafaGoesWeGo @emptyforashley @NUFC360
    @TheMagpieGroup @NWMagpies @maintainSJP
    @Mike_Ashley_Out @AshleyOutdotcom
    @LondonMagpies

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

where is @Not606newcastleUnited

YAJERK likes this.
  9. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we are too divided on the issue and the best way to protest:
    1. ACS has said he is giving up his season tickets but will still go to games by sponging off Baz. He thinks this is making a statement and I guess it is but only one that reinforces my view of him every time its his round.
    2. Pouchy has said he will find somewhere else to eat Prawn Sandwiches on a Saturday afternoon.
    3. Nev has said he will continue to not update the 2017 Prediction League until Ashley goes.
    4. Ben10 has bought 4 season tickets now that he knows Perez and Joselu are on their way.
    5. GeordieGinola has splashed out on a box now that Rafa has gone.

Maybe you should do a Poll

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Indeed. I’d not see much of the match :)

11. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

A cricket box mate. You got me all wrong.

JakartaToon likes this.
  12. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Football is for puffs. Golf rules.

cronemeister likes this.
  13. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

See you all at the first game then yeah?

14. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

Got to love some of the sentiment. It's a bit like fifty thousand people saying "I'm going to stop being an alcoholic tomorrow", very few will actually do it.

Organising a low turnout or no turnout at a popular event is unlike boycotting a political rally or conversely arranging a march, these things are driven by ideology and anger and there is no opiate, enjoyment or social benefit underlying this.

Look at the R Kelly gigs. Even after allegations that he kidnapped and held women sex hostage, a stadium full of women turned up at his shows. They still would.

This is why mass boycotts around the Toon won't happen, even if Mike Ashley burned the stadium to the ground. I've advocated boycotts for years, and if the last decade of awfulness has not galvanised the fans, this summer certainly will not.

I don't admonish those for trying, I certainly will not be going, but considering Ashley gets the vast majority of the associated wealth from TV money and selling players, I doubt he would care anyway.

RobEllious and JakartaToon like this.
  15. Warmir Pouchov

Mike says there ain't nothing wrong with a little bump and grind. He still believes we can fly, he just needs to find the ignition.

(sorry I ran out of Kelly the Beast songs at this point)

YAJERK likes this.
  16. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

What's with the title of this thread? It's boycoutt not boycott! <grr>

YAJERK likes this.
  17. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

I think regardless of if you want to carry on going to games or not, EVERYONE, man woman and child, should be boycotting the Arsenal game at the very least.

Unless we are sold I can't see any reason you can give that would justify not being able to miss one televised game where the local bars and pubs are offering good deals as well. I challenge anyone to give me a good reason as to why you should go - bought the tickets for £1000 a year ago? Don't care - stay away! Kids Birthday - Don't care, bin that one make another with a different birthday! Grandad is terminal and wants to make one more game - DONT CARE - get the old ****er to hang on a week and take him to Norwich!

As some have said Enough IS Enough but everyone needs to be involved in this one.

YAJERK and Delusional Full Stop like this.
  18. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Totally agree if no sale completed by then.

19. Warmir Pouchov

Looking forward to Arsenal. All the real supporters will be there in force.

jimileysbaldhead and Southerner like this.
  20. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image