1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 31, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

Brentford v Leeds United
    Saturday 3rd September@15:00 | Gtech Community Stadium

Leeds go in search of their first away win of the season against Thomas Frank's Brentford on Saturday Afternoon, hoping to repeat the heroics of the final day of last season. The two sides last met 104 days previously, when a 94th minute Jack Harrison strike guaranteed the Whites top flight status against their nine men opposition.

The Bees have had a good start to their new campaign, picking up draws against Leicester City, Everton and Crystal Palace and walloping Manchester Utd 4-0. Their only defeat came at local neighbours Fulham in a five goal thriller. Leeds are currently two points, and four places better off than their West London counterparts, who occupy 9th place.

Leeds will be without Rodrigo (shoulder), Dallas (leg), Firpo (knee) and Ayling (knee). Patrick Bamford completed fifteen minutes of game time against Everton midweek; and is expected to be handed a similar cameo role at Brentford. Liam Cooper also missed out on Tuesday night after picking up another muscular ailment on Carabao Cup duty, the week before.

Sergi Canos (thigh), and Ethan Pinnock (knee) will move miss the visit of West Yorkshire's finest, whilst Kristoffer Ajer is recovering from a knock, and is rated doubtful. Christian Norgaard (knock) and Pontus Jansson (ankle) face late fitness tests.

ristac, NostradEmus and Gessa like this.
  2. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Draw would be a good result.

ristac likes this.
  3. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Draw would be an excellent result.

4. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Think we will nick a win here <ok>

Mr Wolves-White likes this.
  5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Were already ahead of last season by five points so anything from this game would improve that further. Were definitely at least as good as them. Id imagine only a goal to separate the two

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  6. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mate, we won there, surely you remember that day

7. Eireleeds1

I mean we got 3 points from first 6 games last season. We have 8 now and anything from Brentford will improve that further. Like for like games I don't know how were fixed but suspect well ahead too given the Chelsea win

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Sorry Eire, I thought you were on about game for game, my misunderstanding. And yes, we're 5 points up on that too, which is why I thought that.

9. Eireleeds1

All good Gessa, we need to build on the progress on the field. Certainly a far better feeling about our displays so far than at this point last season. That mauling at the start by scum set a kind of trend or bad vibe or whatever. Also we have a decent positive goal difference, something we didn't have at any point last season I think

southernwhite, NostradEmus and Gessa like this.
  10. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Right let's get today off to a positive start and I'm going for a double whammy, first up it's a 2-1 win over herr franke and his busy bees followed by a 22-12 win for the rhinos over cas to get the remaining play off place ;).........and if my forecast is on point the evening soirée with mrs old might turn out to be more fruitful than I was envisioning......c'mon boys make my day <laugh>

NostradEmus and 2 pennth like this.

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Cloud and cuckoo anyone :emoticon-0105-wink:

NostradEmus likes this.
  12. Eireleeds1

It’ll be another battle I presume. Get the feeling with current setup we’re capable of nicking most games. Different vibe to last season when it was hard to see anything but defeat. Hope sinisteri can continue his comeback and see Paddy for at least an hour then walk off field unscathed rather than hobbling off and being covered in ice packs

13. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’m feeling pretty much the same, each game feels like very fine margins, this will be a tight one I’m sure, saying that I’m bottom of the prediction league

bucks_is_leeds and NostradEmus like this.
  14. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Draw would be an excellent result.

I genuinely thought Brentford would struggle without Eriksen this year. They were on a big downward spiral before he arrived and I expected that to resurface after he left. However, they've started well. The performances deserved better results than they have got.

Always a tough game down there but i agree with Marsch when he says "I like our team alot". We are more than capable of getting a result down there but we will have to defend set pieces well and concentrate. They will come at us. The flip side to that is they will leave gaps at the back which can be exploited on the break with Harrison, Sinisterra and Aaronson key to making them pay for mistakes. And as usual, we have to convert our chances.

I'm optimistic we can get something but I also wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Its a 50/50 and just depends which team turns up on the day.

Bysshe and ristac like this.
  15. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

think this is it… there’s a lot of Pickems and fairly evenly matched teams in the Prem this year. We’re not exactly peak Barcelona but we look hard to play against. Really didn’t fancy us at Brighton but although Brentford have been playing well I personally see this as a 50:50 type game. They’re prob favourites at home, and a point would certainly be a good result, but I’m greedy and secretly hoping for 3.

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

This to me is the game where show we have learned to win these games. Brentford are no better than us and if use correctly we have the players to beat then. Brighton we could have beaten too but bad decisions were made up front. A win today and this, squad will gel.

LeeUtd and Eireleeds1 like this.
  17. wakeybreakyheart

Screenshot_20220903_103546_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Bee keeperouter?

18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Llorente has to play better than last time otherwise Ivan Toney is going to tear him a new one.

ristac and Eireleeds1 like this.
  19. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Is that a boozer <cheers>

2 pennth likes this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart