1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brentford Vs Norwich City - Mighty Match Day Thread!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I just think they was no intent to injure, they both went for the ball, they were both equally committed or reckless depending on your view. The only difference I saw was one got injured / play acted and the other just got on with it. I just don't understand how the the ref who was generally sh!t, decide that Brady's intent was any different to the Brentford player's. Therefore it would seem that the ref made his decision because of the result, which is NOT how decisions should be taken. Not that Brady getting sent off made any real difference we were very poor even against another mid table championship team.

3. carrowcanario

Some people just seem to have no idea, So less than a month ago we play Brentford and win 5 - 0. , Klose doesn't play and Martin only plays a bit part. Yesterday both play, we have a different formation, deploy different tactics, play poorly and the game ends in a goalless, and in some absurd way AN has made a good decision, really you couldn't make it up.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this Cromer and Chris (plus others) really tell it how it is. As the last comment to the piece said, there doesn't appear to be an 'orderly queue' of wealthy benefactors waiting to buy the club off Delia and co, so I guess we're stuck with our lot.
    I would love to see the likes of Martin, Turner, Whittaker, Bassong, Naismith, Jerome and Brady all sold and let the youff players step up - they can't be any worse than what we've currently got and who knows, we might even win a few games!!!!
    I see PL is planning a clear out at Wolves, so it will be interesting to see what he manages to achieve there.

5. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Seen a short highlights of the match. Just how poor was Jerome?

6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Somewhere between incredibly and totally allcomsumingly

Bah!

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I can't believe how much grief we used to give Grabban and yet Jerome doesn't. He has been appalling for ages and yet AN picks him ahead of Basil/Lafferty. I accept that he works tirelessly for the team, but if AN was going to play two up front, then why not play Basil (who's scored 4 goals in 5 games) in the middle and play Jerome out wide????? <doh>

Walsh.i.am likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

WTF?? Radical rethink my foot! He simply opted to dispense with the rigid(ish)
    4-2-3-1 that every man and his dog in this division has worked out and can counter.
    Three at the back became five when Brentford had the ball, with wingers bombing forward
    when we were in possession.
    Rocket science my big toe.
    Gissa job, Delia, I could work that out <doh>
    Shame Mulumbu has left for ACN, but Howson's back.
    http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/...4834107?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

You get the distinct impression with the run he's been on, that if one of Jerome's 3 or 4 chances had fallen to Oliveira, he'd have rifled it past the keeper. Especially the last one, hooked hopelessly over the bar by 'Specsavers' Jerome <grr>

K E M P and JM Fan like this.
  10. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

That last attempt was basically on the penalty spot.

He should of buried it, no question.

When you think how much footballers get paid it's quite astonishing to think that a chance like that didn't end up in the net.

Unbelievable.

JM Fan likes this.

11. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

For me, the main difference was the absence of Howson and that we were playing away rather than at home. Howson drove the 5-0 game and provided the link-up with the forward players by driving forward effectively. Tettey and Mulumbu played well enough, IMO, but found it much harder to provide that link-up play. Pritchard played a blinder in the first game, but was simply average in the second. We were much the better team and had Howson been playing and if one of the chances been taken, we'd have won that at a canter.

JM Fan likes this.
  12. carrowcanario

I must admit I never really understand this away & home difference. Yes Pritchard played a blinder in the win against Brentford, but for some reason best known only to AN, couldn't even get in the squad for our next 2 home games against Villa & Huddersfield.

13. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

IMO, what is holding him back is his defensive work. This used to be the case with Wes, but he has worked hard on that aspect of his game and Pritchard needs to do the same.

JM Fan likes this.
  14. carrowcanario

Still doesn't explain why he plays a blinder in the win against Brentford at home and is then rewarded by not even making the squad for the following 2 home games, Smacks of poor management to me. Trouble is some players seem to get regularly selected irrespective of their performances, whilst others seem to get excluded for many weeks on the back of a poor performance i.e. Klose, Prichard, Canos. Hoolahan had a good game today (I'm not a great fan of his) he also was one of a few that played reasonably well at the start of the season, but again AN who doesn't seem to know his players, continually plays him sometimes 3 full games in 8 days and wonders why his performances go down hill. I would have thought it's obvious to anyone who has knowledge of Hoolahan that he isn't up to playing 3 times in 8 days. Strangely enough he's had a good rest and when he comes back he plays well. Again it's about management.

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Spot on carrow and I'm sure had Brady not been suspended, he would have been in the starting 11 today!!!! I felt that Hoolahan could have made a difference against Huddersfield and possibly against Reading.
    One thing that stood out for me today was that the whole team seemed fitter - Basil and Hoolahan were everywhere.