1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Bristol City FC Every Day

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Those days were far more attributable to SL and MA as they controlled the purse strings, not LJ, nor DH or NP for that matter. Blaming managers isn’t the problem, it was SL who employed MA. We have all had bosses who force staff or measures on us we don’t like, what was LJ supposed to do, if MA and SL sanctioned the finances then it’s on them. We know LJ didn’t want Kent or Palmer, that was MA trying to curry favour with the big boys.

2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

I see Matt Withers is reporting the same things I was highlighting regarding NP's attitude regarding Kingy and et al, so at least it is just not my observations ... I mean how can say with a sane mind I deliberately played the wrong player in that position!!!!!!!!!!!!! STATED he gives his all so do a few other players but you wouldnt play Scott or Conway even Nahki in GOAL Leary, Bentley were injured ... would he??? yep probably would... Has he got an agreement that if we get demoted to div 1 ... THEN PROMOTED he can get some silverware!

would any other championship club give him a job? Dont think any Prem one would .......

There is to many holes at BCFC at the mo .... wanted to bring in his own team told no work with the ex England coach's [ both doing well now ] but got his own way in the end with mates rates ..... and we still after nearly 2 years not got back to where he took over!!!!!!!!

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Explained: The key men who make the decisions on Bristol City's transfers
    How recruitment will be conducted at Ashton Gate this summer
    Explained: The key men who make the decisions on Bristol City's transfers - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Key decision makers
    Head coach Lee Johnson
    The head coach has the final say on transfer targets and nobody arrives without the say of Johnson. The 37-year-old explained last summer that ultimately 'Talent ID' comes down to him: ie, he gets to identify transfer targets.

Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton
    In charge of recruitment across the club and also the chief negotiator in terms of assessing appropriate transfer fees for players, both buying and selling, and how those payments will be structured.

4. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe all of that, that is the club not airing dirty laundry in public is all. MA forced some players on LJ for sure. Others LJ signed weren’t good enough as it turned out, that happens to every manager. Ultimately a manager can’t bring anyone unless the person who controls the finances approves it

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can only offer the printed word, it's in print, quoting specifically LJ's own words, he had final say about arrivals and he identified transfer targets, either the reporter, the publication or LJ is telling lies, I have never read any reports of denial or this article being contested.

I honestly can't believe LJ,MA or SL would allow any lies or false reports about Bristol City FC or it's employees being printed and allowed to get away with it but you have your point of view and loyalties, so you have a right to believe what you wish.

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

LJ.."I want a defender"......MA..."You have a choice out of that sh!t one or that sh!t one"......LJ.."I'll have that sh!t one".......LJ's had his final say!! :emoticon-0103-cool:

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

So LJ identified the 2 **** defenders with his final say and MA offered him the choice.....Hhmmm - clever man that MA:emoticon-0143-smirk

8. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

TOTALLY ... however the the article does not say LJ HAD A CHOICE WHO WAS LEAVING! and would be right according to subtle comments on having lost a player! and the players that went MA had 3 agenda's work with 1) LJ on players coming in, [ maybe not players that were for academy with respect to LJ ] 2) Pplayers to be sold , LJ excluded! 3) self preservation, made a profit for the club

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Understand your point but it's not the one I highlighted.

10. oneforthebristolcity

Identified the position required to fill

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Key decision makers
    Head coach Lee Johnson

The head coach has the final say on transfer targets and nobody arrives without the say of Johnson. The 37-year-old explained last summer that ultimately 'Talent ID' comes down to him: ie, he gets to identify transfer targets.

There is no argument anymore, he has long gone, he was master of his own craft, he still strives away at different clubs, good luck to him in his endeavours.

I enjoy a bit of banter and long may it be, he was always a lightweight in my eyes both as a player and head coach, Pulis used to turn my stomach and really was a disaster.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2022
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

14. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

15. oneforthebristolcity

Fighting another relegation battle?? What would you do if you were Scott?
    Loads more salary, Playing for a Premiership club against the likes of world class players......of course he would need reassurance of getting in the side..

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Well done to our AG coaching team developing Scott, Semenyo and Conway this season.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  17. AshtonRed

Your last comment is the important one, if he’s going to get games then obviously he’d be better off going, if not another season in the championship getting game time is better than bench sitting. He’ll get his chance, he’s still young.

18. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Dean Holden new Charlton manager apparently - good luck to him there.
    Too much too soon for him here - and the way he was appointed didn’t help him.

Good luck Deano!!

19. AshtonRed

Yes, I saw this earlier today, as you say good luck to him. He was never going to be a success here, the way he was appointed didn’t help him either. Too much to soon, hopefully things work out better for him this time .. a really nice guy apparently.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member