1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BT Sport Europe & Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jun 9, 2015.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Today BT Sport Europe announced their new line-up for next season with Lineker, Gerard, Ferdinand, Hoddle, Redknapp and Scholes making it look like a Ranger's old boys club.

please log in to view this image

I can't find the exact figure but it looks like they're going to charge £13.50 a month. What with Sky surreptitiously putting their prices up on budget day you're effectively paying more for less. They have increased their prices by 9%, when you add BT's £152 pa for what you were already getting anyway it all seems to be a bit of a rip off. I'm considering boycotting the pair of them as a matter of principle.

UTRs likes this.
  2. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fair play 9's, I feel your pain on this one.

I will stick to the free streams if there are any games I fancy watching. I know video streams are very often hit or miss.

I have watched a few games in HD from these streams. If you have the right equipment you can hook this up to your TV.

QPR999 likes this.
  3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

QPR999 likes this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Never gone for Sky for fear of addiction and allergy to Murdoch (though I have the Times on subscription, stupid old hypocrite that I am, simply because it has the best app) have BT Sport "free" through fibre optic (no discernable difference to copper. Except cost) broadband. Is BT Sport Europe different? Barely use BT Sport, just look at the odd German or Italian game on the rare occassions I remember. It is quite good though.

QPR999 likes this.
  5. MKRanger71

MKRanger71 Active Member

Just cancelled Sky as my deal had ended and they were putting price up x3 gone fibre with BT so sport for free, will stream everything else.

QPR999 likes this.
  6. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Bit more detail please? Just shows everything for free? Sky moves and sports? Is it legal? Is there pay content too? Is it HD? Cheers.

7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I'm on Sky BB but my contracts up. Maybe moving back to BT BB is the way to go. BT Europe will be in 'Ultra HD' which will give the best clarity of any channel. You'll be able to watch JT in super high definition, warts and all.

9. Steelmonkey

One off payment for the box, just hooks up to your wifi/broadband, and usually comes pre-loaded with all the software you need (there's loads of different models, the greater the spec the better the streaming). All TV and films are HD or 4K (if you have a tv that can do this!).

Some apps give you direct access to Sky Sports, BT Sports plus BEIN, Fox, and multitude of Russian/Arabic/other sports networks. Generally, the more popular a match the more buffering it does (same as on laptop/PC) but most of our games last season were ok - obviously not going to get as much next season in Championship though.

If you've got an Android phone or tablet, download apps Showbox (for films/TV - all HD), Mobdro (access to Sports channels, and live streams), and TVMC (everything, including live sports streams). You'll not find them in Play Store, will either have to install Aptoide (it's like Play, but for unauthorised Apps) or download the APK files direct to your device - install and give it a try. If you like them, you can get the box (which basically turns your TV into a display for a tablet ) to run it direct onto your TV.

You need a decent broadband speed (at least 10Mb I reckon), but I'be rarely had speed problems. You can improve by getting your own VPN, but I've not bothered.

Also got some Pay-Per-View boxing.

10. fusari805

fusari805 Member

I got rid of my sky subscription last month and had a friend raving about the DROID box above. He was watching fast and furious 7 in HD on it while I was round there. I'm gonna order one on pay day and will update my thoughts on here in regards to both sport and movies although fron what I hear it's well worth the purchase if you have a reasonable Internet speed

Loftus Toad and Steelmonkey like this.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

any idea if these work in nz

12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Tx for all that info. Sort of sounds too good to be true. Does 'unauthorised' mean illegal and / or more prone to viruses etc?

13. Steelmonkey

Don't see why not Kiwi! It also has apps that allow you to watch BBC iPlayer so this may get around the location block BBC have

14. Steelmonkey

No more illegal than you watching a stream on matchday.....

As to viruses, I've not had anything in a year, but I don't store any personal info on the box. If it does have a problem, then factory reset. I did this as I wanted to personalise my set-up, and had the whole thing back up and running in less than half an hour

15. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

No Sky and in France no internet
    Def no BT in the UK as the last thing I would want as a Rangers fan is to watch this new line up

I have a £5 contract with EE which they hate and keep choking my speed in an effort to get Mrs DT to pay more ... No with a old router i can remote into it and change the settings before pinging the exchange the old way ... I then get full fat high speed internet before they cut me off
    Which happens every few months or so as they can't throw the resource at this ... Refuse any upgrade of a router , live with the fact that it can drop out and you will find anything football based on the Internet

It is a lot more complex that and you must get your head around something called little snitch on a Mac. I have a old G5 super Mac which is obsolete before Mac went Intel a machine frozen in time that out performs modern machines for this task and can watch 20 movies or streing football at the same time

My point is they make these offers sound great but it's about getting their tech into your homes ... Resist because they will find new ways to charge you when you are hooked

I have to have a 4g phone but jailbreak it ASAP

These new products are designed to brainwash you are not in charge at any point

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Just seen that BT will now charge £5 a month for Champions league if you don't have their box set.
    I have Sky but also BT Internet and they now want £5 a month for me to watch Donetsk v Galatasaray? Yeah sure.
    Not sure about SteelMonkey's box for £70 when I hear the words 'Personal Information' and 'Virus'. Why can't you just buy something, plug in and go?

Sky and BT are obviously having some sort of bidding war and I won't be part of it. Mrs Ellers already complains that we pay too much for sky and TBH I am getting P'd off with the continuous adverts of Starving kids/Kids hospitals/Cancer/insurance every 5 minutes. Sorry I know it exists but my TV is my entertainment and don't enjoy paying all that money to watch a comedy, be in a happy mood for them to show me sick kids during a break.

For this household Sky are in last chance saloon and if they put up prices its free view.

17. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

Just downloaded showbox to my phone. Seems good to me!

Steelmonkey likes this.
  18. Steelmonkey

[QUOTE="ELLERS, post: 8021456, member: 1013685"
    Not sure about SteelMonkey's box for £70 when I hear the words 'Personal Information' and 'Virus'. Why can't you just buy something, plug in and go?[/QUOTE]

Thats the point of the box - NO personal info, and no virus to date!! It is just plug n play :emoticon-0100-smile

19. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

´Rangers Old Boys Club???´do me a favour, not one of them are QPR not one of them.

Steelmonkey and seagullhoop like this.
  20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Thats the point of the box - NO personal info, and no virus to date!! It is just plug n play :emoticon-0100-smile[/QUOTE]
    cool