1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can anyone help Re He who mustn't be mentioned?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TheLoneRanger, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Love is blind ........... by the way, nice ear muffs.:smile:

2. sku

sku Well-Known Member

What a reception the fellow got when he entered the field of play on 83 minutes last Saturday.

And yes; I was one of those singing 'Taarabt's too good for you' to encourage him. I suspect he was surprised to find there were 10,000+ at Loftus Road that believe in him.

Just like Joey Barton, I believe he can turn it around; his best is yet to come!

3. daveinmelbourne

Now the transfer window has closed he hasn't got much choice but to knuckle down is the way I see it.

4. SRR

SRR Well-Known Member

I was a great fan of Adel's once, but just got so bored of the nonsense that goes with him. I got to the point of just wanting him to f**k off so that I wouldn't have to hear about him again. That said, once he has his first great game for us I'll be as fickle as the rest and start chanting "Taarabt's too good for you". 90 minutes is a long time in football.

5. Queenslander!!

Queenslander!! Well-Known Member

I honestly given up waiting and hoping with this guy.

i aint gonna put him down because we all know he has the talent and its not right to kick someone when they are down.

I do wonder what must be going through his head right now. There he was thinking that the window had arrived and he was gonna get his dream move, only to find no-one wants him.
    Now to most determined driven proffesionals in any line of work, this would signal a challenge and a chance to shove it back down the throats of those who im sure he believes let him down. Unfortunately, i dont think he has that in his personality.....And that will always be his problem. hat desire and professionaliam will be what makes or breaks him as a top pro.

like i said, im over him but would still love him to at least have a decent go at it....we'll see eh?

6. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Actually he only came on as a sub in the 90th min, so only got to close out the game with about 5 mins of play in extra time - Traore was our 83rd min sub.

I would like to see him play at least 45 min, for example if we happen to losing at HT against Man Utd, bring him on the 2nd half to try and create something special and turn the match around.

7. Hoilett

Hoilett Member

I just don't know what to think any more. I think playing him as a striker is either genius or smoke and mirrors. He gets to give up somewhat on defensive duties, which leaves him free to be a nuisance for the opposition's defence. While he is lazy at times, the opportunity to score and take the plaudits is way too appealing to him, so he will be an additional worrying presence as far as defenders are concerned.

Playing him as a striker may well just work but it could be a way to convince us long suffering fans that a plan B was always in place in the eventuality that we didn't manage to sign a new striker. However, I am pleased he is still in the fold and am quietly optimistic assuming he does not get soooooo lazy that he keeps getting caught out by the offside trap - considering he now only has to track back about 20 metres.

The lazy fat prick!
    (Albeit our lazy fat prick!)

8. loomo

loomo Active Member

In the warm up he looked like he was carrying some extra weight to me so i reckon he is a few weeks from playing a full 45 mins. Someone saod earlier he isa devisive character and i agree with that, however, I think he has become a figure of ridicule amonst the players. Before you ask, its because when i watched the pre season training video of Clint sarcastically asking if he was staying. He is no longer a big fish and the players we have now certainly seem to be hard working and talented. For that reason I dont think he will upset things but the lads who are of the right sort may well be able to help him see the light and not necessarily Harry