1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can we cope without sess and mig

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Poyets outburst, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Poyets outburst

All I keep hearing is safc are going to be relegated there about to lose there two best players , there in trouble blah blah blah got to be honest I really am not worried at all , not sure why I'm not worried to be fair they are our best two players but I'm really looking foward to next season and the new look team. I have a gut feeling that in fact maybe just maybe moving sess on could actually benifit us as for mig we already have a ready made replacement in westy and we can raise funds from the sale to maybe sign rose ? Any one else of the same view ?

2. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

i think sess will stay to be honest. there always seems to be a **** load of rumours about him but he's always here come the close of the window. i would be disappointed with mig going if we didnt have a really good keeper to take his place. i have faith in the new set up we have di canio who by all accounts is a top coach, then we have the dof and scouting setup to help identify targets. we just have to give it a chance and i really think it will work wonders for us. if all else fails remember it could be worse we could have been stuck with joe ****ing kinnear

3. rokermicko

rokermicko New Member

I will never like being a selling club.

Sell your best players and that's what you are.

4. Maccasafc

Maccasafc Well-Known Member

we can use another Striker instead of Sess meaning more shots and goals

5. Red and White Mac

Red and White Mac Active Member

i love sess but hes a bit of a quandrey as to how to get the best from him. i think its all mute anyway as di canio likes him and i think he will stay

6. MackemNomad

MackemNomad Member

We will cope. Of course we will. We need a team, not a reliance on a couple of players. Hope Sess stays, but if he doesn't we will move on. Ming looks certain to go and I wish him well. He's been a great servant to the club. I think PDC will be looking to build a team that work hard for each other, rather than having players go missing for half the game.

I don't get this "selling club" thing. All clubs sell. It's about reinvesting the money for the benefit of the club and the team.

7. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Man United sold Stam, Beckham and Ronaldo are they a selling club.

If we sold players and didn't buy replacements fair enough. Sess can go if the fee is handsome. As for Mig, he's had one good season and we are gonna get 10 times what we got for him. Anyone remember Richard Wright? Another example Tim Krul, two seasons ago he had a stormer, don't see many clubs scrambling for his signature this summer.

Rule of business,.sell high.

8. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Short answer.... Yes. Mignolet is a fantastic keeper but Westwood is no slouch. Sess is decent but can be replaced. He is no world beater to be honest. Mentality is a big thing and I feel Sess falls short on that (goes missing far too often).

9. 13thtop

13thtop Active Member

We have no idea what the season holds, we are selling or potentially selling our best players. We have not a clue what we are signing, we don't know them, no premiership experience, we could be least points relagation material or challenging for Europe??????

As for mig, god man hold out, agree with a lot that's been said, not to Liverpool, wait on the really big boys

10. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

I have yet to be convinced by any of Di canios signings, and Guidetti has scored in Holland but the premier league is a different proposition, how can Monaco spend £100 m + and we can't ?. And the one for the future lark is a farce with Henderson, Mig, Sess etc going. And when Martin o neil came in supporters were saying we will be going places etc.

11. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

I make it approx £25m profit, not to be sniffed at, re-invest wisely and boom!

12. rokermicko

rokermicko New Member

No they are not, they wanted rid of stam & Beckham & it wasn't for the money. Ronaldo being the exception but they tried to keep him.

We need to keep Sess we were absolutely hopeless at the end of the season without him. How many points did Mig get us?

It's no good starting the season with 9 new faces in the starting 11.
    Yes we need to beef the squad up & add quality to the first team, but sell your best players, there's enough ****e that we can get rid of first.

Keep your best players, sell the worst & we can go places.

If players are desperate to leave then so be it, but I don't think mig or sess are?

13. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

Sad to see Mig go but not losing any sleep, Westwood is a good experienced keeper and probably has more of a physical presence in the six yard box than the Mig.

I felt much much worse when we sold Dave Watson and Dennis Tueart to Man City!

Every player has a price, to call us a selling club is just naive - it is a sound financial move, it's how we stay in business and with the financial fair play rules coming along it will be even more common place for all clubs.

We will make a good profit from the Mig sale which we would not do from selling "****e" but may allow us to take a hit on these players and get them off the books(as the profit will balance out any loss shown in the books).

I will grant you it's not an ideal situation - its just where the modern game is at the moment.

14. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

I`m not particularly worried at all atm.

Ask me again at Xmas. It`ll be either :grin: or <wah>

15. Poolie Mackem Paul

As already been stated we need to move on the ****e before we sell our best players. We need to gel our better players with the new recruits, not have a full change.