1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Can't ask for more than that

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Aug 6, 2011.

1. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

You wouldn`t have heard a rally by the BNP if it walked across the Trashton pitch today as it would have been drowned out by the booing<laugh>

Anyway lets not let petty point scoring detract from a fabulous start by the boys. Still amazed that only BA was the only player in the 1st 11 from last season. Well organised, hard working and a real threat upfront. A few minor worries defensively but they`ll get tighter over time. As usual the Gasheads were outstanding and that will encourage all the new boys no end.

All in all over the moon:D

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Yea but the point is,it was "gashead" racists heard and reported by a Chelsea fan,so why are you trying to do down Bristol City to justify your own bigots...

A good victory for you today,well done and yes,we were bounced...

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i think the point being made to YOU wiz is stones and greenhouses and all that. yes a chelsea fan reported it to us. but as you know, 99% of all clubs fans are not like that described. yet you hit on that racist incident to us. which is fine of course. you have the right to say what you want. but then obviously expect it back. and respect that others got a right to say what they want to. so if you decide to hit on someone else words and us it at us then you will get points brought back to you. like shiny even mentioned it on a thread that he heard a '82er' today being racist towards maynard!

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Okay cjs if you think it's acceptable for a Chelsea fan to highlight "gasheads" racists and then blame me for feeling annoyed with what he reported,then let us agree to disagree..

I value to much all of the fun I have with you blues and this issue burns all of us....

5. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No place for racism anywhere...not only football. At the Bitton game, when the youth side and just a few
    seniors played, well over half the Rovers players were 'black'. If any idiot thinks he can be a racist and a
    Rovers supporter then he is a fool.

6. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just one or two individuals shouldn't tarnish a clubs reputation. Bristol Rovers supporters were fantastic and I wouldn't think any less of them, you guys are too good for this division IMO <ok>

7. Triggs1980

Triggs1980 Member

I thought the first half was sensational and we were unlucky not to go in 4 - 1 at the break

Stuart goal was fantastic though, top header

Thought Bevan looked very impressive, not much he could do for either goal, but he certainly settles the defence.

Who's our right back?? Smith?? he was a bit of a liability today, either off the pace or just not that good, Jolley had a field day with him.

Was really impressed with the left back, did he actually come from non league?? Sawyers got his work cut out.

Gill was so dominant in the first half, right man for the armband, talk about distribution, phenominal crossing, very impressive.

Lines needs to up the confidence a little, he made a couple of really threatening moves, left AFC for dead but then bottled it rather than poking for goal.

Was impressed by Harrold too, think Buckle may have found a gem there, certainly seemed to be enjoying himself.

Though anyinsah was stupid, we're good enough at creating chances, there's no need to cheat, especially when it's a live televised game you muppet, way to make a reputation on your first league start for the gas. Stay on your feet and use your attributes professionally and you'll do fine lad.

Think buckle may need a better right back and a pacey striker that can get the ball beyond the keepers legs . . . i'm 30 and overweight but even i think i could have rolled one of jo's chances in the back of the net . . . stop dawdling on it and take the early shot . . . it's like walcott disease, if jo has time to think he gets confused and passes to seat number 632 instead of acting on instinct and securing the lead.

8. District Line

Forum Moderator

I'd like to make it clear that it was a small group of individuals, not Bristol Rovers fans in general, 99.9% of Bristol Rovers fans were well behaved and there was even a black Bristol fan I spotted amongst them so for any Bristol City fans that are looking for some kind of ammunition please go elsewhere, most of the BR fans were a credit to their club and decent human beings.

There are ignorant individuals like this at every single club and it sickens me that Bristol City fans would try and use this as a stick to beat BR with.

Bristol Rovers played football the right way and I wish them the best of luck, the way Bristol City are going, no offence but the teams could soon meet next season.

9. District Line

Forum Moderator

<doh> Read what I said in the OP, nowhere did I highlight BR fans as racists I just said it was a small minority. It was the only thing that spoilt a good game of football and a good day out for me. Had I not been heavily outnumbered and with friends I would have quickly pointed out to them that half their players (including the best two attackers) were Black.

EVERY club has racist fans, I wasn't generalising.

10. GasheadinChelt

Going by District Line's explanation regarding the racist comments he heard at the game it would be nice if wizered would at least apologise for jumping off at the deep end.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Sorry people,I refuse to appologise for highlighting a comment from an outside club supporter (Chelsea fan) who heard some Bristol Rovers ( A group) fans making racist comments,in fact in a later comment he says,"It was the only thing that spoilt a good game of football and a good day out for me. Had I not been heavily outnumbered and with friends I would have quickly pointed out to them that half their players (including the best two attackers) were Black.EVERY club has racist fans, I wasn't generalising. "

I remember a short while back the "gasheads" had a 'Kick Racism out of Football day' with emblazoned tea shirts and signage all around the ground and all the fans gave it 100% support,which we all thought was very laudible,so how am I going off at the deep end,imagine how those black Bristol Rovers players would have felt if they heard any of the comments that were obviously being shouted yesterday.

Every club has these animals in their ranks,including Bristol City and we should do all in our abilities to get them out before our young people are influenced by them.

12. GasheadinChelt

Wizered you haven't highlighted anything you've read, you've highlighted something you wanted to read. If District Line hasn't mentioned the team those supporters who made the comments and he was there, how have you managed to conclude it was our fans when you weren't there. Since you haven't got all the facts you're making an inference based on a biased view point you have about our fans and club.

Yes all clubs have idiots and when you know for certain our fans are responsible for making the comments then by all means have a go at us. However, until you have all the facts - which in this case you don't - please refrain from making yourself look stupid. You're normally so much better than this Wizered.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

what i dont understand about you wiz regarding this racism at our game yesterday is that you know this happens in football. you said yourself it happens everywhere even at city. you even said its only a very small percentage at every club. so if you know this happens at city as well as everywhere else, why are you so suprised it happened with us? why hit on us with this? i mean district line has said 99% of us were great but a few were not... which is exactly what you said happens at all clubs and at city. why make a big deal out of it? the dickheads dont deserve the publicity. every gashead on here has said its not acceptable. its not acceptable at any club. and we aint trying to sweep it under the carpet. i for 1, if i heard such a thing by me they would get a good hiding or be getting them thrown out. or both! but i wouldnt be using it as ammunition like what your using it.

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I like what 49'nr said," No place for racism anywhere...not only football. At the Bitton game, when the youth side and just a few
    seniors played, well over half the Rovers players were 'black'. If any idiot thinks he can be a racist and a
    Rovers supporter then he is a fool. "

If it happens it should be dealt with and I also highlighted what BRFC did at their ground and how it's wrong for people of any race to have to hear scurrilous comment about them and We have the same situation at our club,those 3 things should demonstrate to you and any other individual that I'm not using this as ammunition,it's just that it was "gasheads" that were heard and it was commented upon,it's you're board,talking about you're fans and you're team and that's all,

If you,which I'm sure you have read all of my comments you will see I have not criticised the genuine "gasheads" or BRFC in anyway....

15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

this is the comment of yours wiz which has got our backs up. so dont act innocent saying you have not used it as ammo. then when we have a go at you, you then try and re-trace your steps by saying its everywhere at every club, even at city.

if you didnt mean to use it as ammo at us then you should of said "that is a sad statement, dont these people who are being racist which is at every club know its now 2011".

instead you just said our club like it dont happen at your club or anywhere else when we all know it does. so due to this, expect us to have a go at you. but if you didnt mean what you put then fair enough. however our replies to you have been based on what you have actually stated. what you stated and what youcatually mean may mean 2 different things, but only you will know exactly what you meant.

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The meaning of the word elements...... A distinct group within a larger community...

A group,a few,a part,a ELEMENT,a few of the blue few...

I'm not acting innocent,re-tracing steps,using anything as ammo,I couldn't care less if you've got your backs up or your having a go back at me,some of you "gasheads" were heard making racist comments,it was told to you by a Chelsea fan,all the bluff and bluster and condemnation of me can't change that,accept it or stuff it,it won't wash.

I've only repeated what was said and condemed it and I can see no shame in that,you lot should be shaming the people involved with the insults,not me but keep on because it has no affect on me...

17. Who's Chairman is Richer now then ?

Went to thegame yesterday and although Wimbledon came back to 2 2 last season & before we would have caved in altogether and prob lost. We were on a hiding to nothing from the day the fixture list came up with this one. The world was against us and to come away with all three points was pheonominal. The Wimbledon officials and fans were gratious in defeat too. The tickets were so easy to copy too which prob explains the overcrowding !!! They need a ticking off for that as could have been a lot worse.

UTG

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

wiz, we all know what an element is <doh>

you stated "don't your elements know it's now 2011."

you say it as if it never happens but only at our club.

there are elements of racism at every club. dont 'THEY' know its now 2011?

there was racist comments at your place yesterday - according to shiny. if i said "dont your elements know it's now 2011?" the word 'your' makes it personal as if it only happens at your place. you lot would of been all over me like a rash. however i condemed the actions of the person being racist. but i never used it as ammo towards your fans. reason why is no real city fan will be like that.

as for you apparently highlighting someone elses comments, district line only spoke of it as a thing that ruined the day for him. he wasnt attacking us over it as he knows it goes on EVERYWHERE. you wiz are the only one who is using the racism as an attack towards our club. you highlighted someone elses comments and focused purely on the negative and used it as ammo towards OUR club by saying YOUR club. the way you said it makes it out that it only happens at our place.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

What a load of complete and utter rubbish and waffle,listen BRFC had nothing to do with this,your club is fantastic and honourable,this was an element in your crowd who were reported to be saying racist comments by a CHELSEA fan,not a City fan,I admit I might have been the only one to spot this comment because not alot of BCFC fans are interested in your club,my weakness to show any interest but it was your boys that were racist,now where is the ammo,your club have acted great,as have 99% of your supporters.

Stop acting like a drama queen who has forgotten the lines...

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

yes wiz, we understand that you said elements meaning a few or small group etc. and all your other comments since has been saying racism happens at every club even your own. yes we understand you only highlighted a comment made by a chelsea fan. your comments have shown you are angry with those being racist in football. which is what i would expect from any decent fan of football. i am right with you on that, shoulder to shoulder <ok> but surely you can understand why you would get a few negative comments towards you, even from the chelsea fan as well, if you had noticed.

its not that you highlighted the incident. thats not the problem. i highlighted the incident from what happened at your place yesterday. i condemed what happened straight away. you didnt condeme the actions what happened at our game. your 1st comment made out no such thing happens elsewhere by saying dont your element know it is 2011. it sure as hell looks like you used it as ammo which is why as soon as you made that comment you have got a fair few negative replies back. surely you understand this?

nice line about the drama queen <doh>