1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Celtic continued to trade with Torbett's firm even after he was convicted

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Rocket, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/BOYS ...Club axes contract with Torbett...-a094570229

So not only did Celtic Directors turn a blind eye to what was going on, they actually continued to do business with the convicted paedophile even after he was imprisoned !

What kind of people are they ?

Has anyone at Celtic FC ever apologised for this ?

2. RichardGough

RichardGough New Member

All I can say is thank god uncle Walter knew about me or else Shunsuke Nakamura would have been waving me at the Olympics

3. AP: Password Mong

AP: Password Mong Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm genuinely astonished by this 12 year old news. This makes me very, very angry.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention rocket and please keep us up to date with more relevations of sinister paedophile goings-on over at Bheast HQ. <ok>

4. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

I'm just sorry we couldn't make more use of the trophies..

5. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

So even after Big Jock put his boot up his arse and kicked him out the door the paedophoile managed to weedle his way back into Celtic and made Kevin Kelly a Director of the Trophy Centre.

Kelly remained a Director even after Torbett was sent to prison.

Torbett's victims obviously meant absolutely nothing to him or Celtic.

6. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

feel

da

beel

<magic>

peow peow

7. RichardGough

RichardGough New Member

I would happily have comforted the victims...but i had a few problems of my own at the time

8. Mind The Duck

<laugh> desperate

9. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

please log in to view this image

Nice to see they got the new club's name correct.

:)

10. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

I agree......<ok>

Pick that one out.....<party>

11. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

To be fair we got a good discount on the trophies and it's not as if any of them were large enough for Torbett to hide in and post himself to Celtic.

12. DevAdvocate

Hmm...

13. Mind The Duck

B...b...bdo

14. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

Notices of Complaint issued
    Friday, 10 August 2012

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notices of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Rangers FC
    Date: Sunday, 29th July 2012
    Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

Disciplinary Rule 2 (By failing to procure that one of Rangers FC's officials, namely Charles Green, Chief Executive, acted in accordance with Disciplinary Rule 1 by (b) failing to comply with Articles 94.1 and 96.7 of the Scottish FA Articles of Association insofar as the said Charles Green brought the game into disrepute and did not act in the best interests of football and by (f) not behaving towards other members with the utmost good faith, all by making comments in a media interview which suggested that decisions taken concerning the future of Rangers FC were motivated, in part, by bigotry).

Principal Hearing Date: Thursday, 30th August 2012

Rangers FC have until Friday, 17th August 2012 to respond to the Notice of Complaint.

Rule 1: All member clubs shall:
    (a) observe the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship in accordance with the rules of fair play;
    (b) be subject to and comply with the Articles and any statutes, regulations, directives, codes, decisions and International Match Calendar promulgated by the Board, the Professional Game Board, the Non-Professional Game Board, the Judicial Panel Protocol, a Committee or sub-committee, FIFA, UEFA or the Court of Arbitration for Sport;
    (c) recognise and submit to the jurisdiction of the Court of Arbitration for Sport as specified in the relevant provisions of the FIFA Statutes and the UEFA Statutes;
    (d) respect of the Laws of the Game;
    (e) refrain from engaging in any activity, practice or conduct which would constitute an offence under sections 1, 2 or 6 of the Bribery Act 2010; and
    (f) behave towards the Scottish FA and other members with the utmost good faith.

Rule 2: Each member shall procure that its officials, its Team Officials and its players act in accordance with Rule 1.

Alleged Party in Breach: Alistair McCoist, Rangers FC
    Date: Tuesday, 24th April 2012
    Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

(1) Disciplinary Rule 66 (Bringing the game into disrepute by calling into question the independence of the Judicial Panel that sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012 in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte).

(2) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by calling into question, in a media interview, the independence of the Judicial Panel that sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012 in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte).

(3) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by requesting, in a media interview, that the members of the Judicial Panel who sat on 17th, 18th, 20th and 23rd April 2012, in respect of a case against Rangers FC and Craig Whyte, be named in public).

Principal Hearing Date: Thursday, 30th August 2012

Mr McCoist has until Friday, 17th August 2012 to respond to the Notice of Complaint.

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football and shall not act in any manner which is improper.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1961&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=10362

Pick that one oot ya auld beeler <laugh><magic>

15. Rocket

Rocket Well-Known Member

We're Rangers, The Rangers, The Teddy Bears, The Light Blues, The Gers - what's your point caller ?

I've heard Celtic being referred to as Celtic, The Celtic, The Hoops, The Bhoys and Ra Sellik.

16. Tina_old

Tina_old Princess

Point is, sweetheart, even third division teams recognise The Rangers as a brand new team.

It's just daftys like yourself who think otherwise.

<magic>

17. DevAdvocate

All unofficial names though, we are - and have always been - Glasgow Celtic. Rangers have now been officially "Rangers Football Club" and "The Rangers Football Club".

They did not add the supplementary "The" for naught. It cost them £134m

18. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

This is refreshing.

19. AP: Password Mong

AP: Password Mong Well-Known Member

We're not "Glasgow" Celtic - we're just Celtic <grr>

20. DevAdvocate

Sorry, force of habit. <whistle>