1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Celtic In Striker Signing Shocker?

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by VenomPD, Jan 22, 2010.

1. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Looks like Celtic have pretty much wrapped up a deal for Danish striker Morten Rasmussen according to reports in Denmark.

Also we're looking to sign a Swedish 16 year old striker Bahrudin Atajic from Malmo.

Thoughts?

[video=youtube;f3jG4zHjzRY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3jG4zHjzRY[/video]

2. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Never heard of him - but here's hoping at 24 this one is ready for the first team and not another one for the future

Also heard we've had a bid for st ledger turned down so have enquired about Marc Wilson (no not the one we already have he is MarK) from Portsmouth

3. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Never heard of the guy, is he any good? Too many signings in January would be just as disastrous as none would have been.

Can't expect a load of folk to start playing well together unless they are world-class or have a world-class coaching set-up. Celtic have neither right now.

We're not too far away from getting better though, a striker like this lad is needed immediately and someone to come in a batter lumps out of folk at CB. Hopefully the boy Hooiveld is that man though.

Personally I'd like to see:

Boruc
    Hinkel Loovens Hooiveld Fox
    Crosas
    Dave Brown
    McGeady McDonald McGinn

4. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Personally i think Brown has a lot to do to show he deserving of a start over N'Guemo. N'Guemo had a wee spell where he wasnt great but bar that everytings been a positive for me - he is a talent IMO

And not sure McDonald can play that role in the front 3 really. At the minute he's the best scorer we have - but he needs another one up front with him to bring out the best in him. The idea of a front 3 like that is grand though. McGeady and McGinn slightly more central switching sides and running at big clumsy centre halves would lead to lots of goals, lots of frees and lots of penalties IMO

5. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

N'Guemo is clearly talented but at what position? He is just an African Scott Brown. They both harry players, both have the passing ability of a legless, drunken sailor and both can't shoot for toffee.

I personally don't see the point in signing more foreign players when Platini is going to force his 5 foreigners in the match squad rule through in the near future.

I like N'Guemo but don't see what more he adds than Scott Brown does.

6. Admiral Pure

Admiral Pure Well-Known Member

Rassmussen has scored a lot of goals in the danish league - which is similar in standard and style to the SPL. He's an international already so should be a reasonable signing.

N'Guemo has been very decent this season and I'd hesitate before I dropped him for Brown.

7. VenomPD

VenomPD Merrick jr

Goal.com are reporting Rassmussen as a done deal for £1.5 million now.

8. Bhoy From Brum

Bhoy From Brum Well-Known Member

His nickname is Duncan due to his Duncan Ferguson type style of play, big **** of a guy I imagine who can play a bit.

Sounds promising, as long as we don't resort to long balls all game, hopefully it will give the wingers a better option when crossing. The McGeadyhas no final ball myth will be blown out the water if we get this guy.