1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Championship Those coming in and going out

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, May 26, 2015.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Bambo Diaby has joined fellow Sky Bet Championship side Sheffield Wednesday for an undisclosed fee.

The central defender initially signed for Preston North End in January 2022 on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

Bambo then signed a two-year deal at Deepdale, making 25 appearances in total for the Lilywhites and scoring once.

Everyone at PNE would like to thank Bambo for his efforts during his time with the club and wish him all the best for the future.

2. themaclad

Finlay Cross-Adair has joined Annan Athletic on a loan deal which will run until 31st January.

The young striker, who signed a professional deal with PNE in December 2022, arrives at the cinch League One side ahead of their season getting underway this weekend.

Following promotion last term, the Scottish outfit begin their 2023/24 campaign with a trip to face Falkirk on Saturday 5th August.

The 18-year-old forward will hope to be involved as he looks to build up experience in a first team environment, following six appearances for North End last season.

3. themaclad

Mulitan Osmajic club record fee £2.15 million

4. themaclad

Milutin

5. themaclad

Striker Milutin Osmajić Signs Permanently

please log in to view this image

Preston North End are delighted to confirm striker Milutin Osmajić is set to join the club on a permanent basis from Cádiz for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance and a successful visa application.

The 24-year-old, who represents Montenegro on the international stage, has penned a four-year deal at Deepdale and will take the No.28 shirt.

Milutin arrives after netting eight goals on loan at Portuguese side Vizela during the 2022/23 campaign.

The forward began his career in Montenegro with Sutjeska Nikšić, before moving to La Liga to join Cádiz, and during his time there Milutin had loan spells in Turkey with Bandırmaspor and Portugal with Vizela.

Capped 17 times by his nation, the forward has featured in qualification campaigns for both the FIFA World Cup and UEFA EUROs.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “Milutin came on our radar through MRKT Insights and our chief scout James Wallace.

“There were a number of clubs in for him and we’ve beaten those clubs to get his signature.

“He’ll join us once we’ve got the work permit, but we’re really pleased to have him. You only have to look at what he’s done in terms of scoring goals and his physique to know what he’s about.

“He’s strong, he’s powerful, and that’s something we feel really adds to the strikers we’ve got in the building, so we’re really pleased to get Milutin over the line.

“Ultimately he’s ours too so we can put the work into him to make him even better than he is now.”

6. themaclad

Liam Miller FC Basle loan

7. themaclad

PNE Bring Liam Millar In On Loan

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Basel attacker Liam Millar will join the club on loan until the end of the season, subject to international clearance.

Liam, 23, has spent the previous two years with the Swiss top-flight side since his arrival from Liverpool in July 2021, making 98 appearances and scoring 13 times.

The versatile winger is also regularly called up to feature for the Canada national team, with 21 caps to his name, including one at the 2022 FIFA World Cup against Belgium.

Speaking after joining PNE, Liam said: “I’m buzzing to be here. It’s been a stressful couple of days but I’m happy to get it over the line and to get ready to go.

“I had a good chat with the gaffer. I like everything that he said to me and everything that comes with the club, so I’m excited to be here and excited to get going.”

During his time with Basel, Liam has earned experience on the European stage, having featured in the UEFA Europa Conference League.

Earlier in his career, the Toronto-born winger had temporary spells away from Liverpool with Kilmarnock and Charlton Athletic.

Liam will now take the No.23 shirt at Deepdale and will have to wait until after the international break for his PNE debut.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “We met with Liam back in March regarding him coming on a loan deal this season and we had a lot of things in place, but then the goalposts changed a little bit.

“Ever since we knew he was available, though, he’s one who’s been high on our radar.

“I watched Liam as a young boy when he was at Liverpool and I’ve kept an eye on him since he moved on.

“He’s had a couple of fantastic seasons in Basel playing European and international football, so he comes with great pedigree.

“He can play anywhere across the top end of the pitch, so we’re really excited to have him because he’s going to be a breath of fresh air for us.”

8. themaclad

O'Neil to Southport loan, dropping down the divisions last season he was at Grimsby suspect gone at the end of the season

9. themaclad

Lewis Leigh Bromley loan

10. themaclad

@pnefc

FacebookTwitterShare
    Preston North End are delighted to announce Brad Potts has signed a new contract which will keep him at Deepdale until at least 2026.

The 29-year-old, who has excelled at right wing back since manager Ryan Lowe’s appointment, was due to be out of contract at the end of the current season, but has now agreed a deal to stay for an additional two years.

Brad has made 178 appearances for North End since his arrival in 2019, and has played a key role in the side’s unbeaten start to the Sky Bet Championship season.

Brad said: “Obviously coming into the last year of your contract can be quite a difficult time if you want to get some security so I was over the moon to get it done.

“I love it here and I’ve never wanted to leave.

“I feel like I’m probably playing more with a smile on my face than I ever have to be honest with you.

“I want to stay here for as long as I can and that’s why I signed the contract.”

First Team News
    Pottsy Happier Than Ever
    1 Hour ago

It’s been a brilliant few months for PNE’s No.44, having played every minute of the impressive league campaign so far, while individually winning two EPIC Risk Management man of the match awards, as well as the PFA Goal of the Season award.

Away from the pitch, Brad has also become a father in recent weeks, and he admitted family life had a part to play in his want for stability.

Before his arrival at Deepdale, the former Barnsley and Carlisle United player had previously been utilised in midfield, but under Ryan Lowe he has featured almost exclusively at right wing back.

The manager said: “I’m really pleased Pottsy’s going to be with us for the long haul. He’s well worthy of this new deal.

“Ever since I came through the door he’s been fantastic and he’s really made that right wing back position his own.

“He’s worked so hard and taken it upon himself to develop in that role, and we feel he’s still getting better and there’s still more to come.

“I’ve always said if the lads do good by me and the football club then we’ll do good by them, and with the way Pottsy’s been performing every week there’s no doubt he’s earned a new contract.”

11. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm James Pradic has signed a new deal which will see him stay at Deepdale until at least 2026.

The 18-year-old goalkeeper first signed a professional contract last summer and, with that deal set to expire this summer, the goalkeeper has now penned new terms to extend his stay.

First Team News
    James Pradic Aspiring To Break Through At North End
    6 November 2023

James, who moved up north to join PNE in 2021 after leaving Charlton Athletic, has been training with the first team for the previous 18 months, as well as picking up experience out on loan.

James said: “I’m very happy. I knew coming into the season I had one year left so to have another two years I’m very delighted.

“This is my second full season with the first team. Especially the goalkeepers – me, Dai [Cornell], Freddie [Woodman], Polly [Mike Pollitt], we’ve all got a cracking relationship and we get on really well, and all my teammates really, so I’m really enjoying it.

“I’d love to play in the first team here, of course. I think my journey will be unique in itself; it won’t be the same as other players.

“I’ve just got to bide my time and hopefully my time will come and I’ll be starting in this team.”

The teenager played a key role in the success of the U19s during the league and cup double-winning season of 2021/22, before getting his opportunity with the first team.

James – a Wales youth international – has also gained experience of senior football away from Deepdale on loan with Bamber Bridge, featuring regularly in the Northern Premier League.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m really pleased to see James stay on for another two years.

“His attitude around the place and in training is fantastic, and we’ve seen him really progress since he joined us at Euxton, and we hope to see that continue in the coming years.”

Goalkeeper coach Mike Pollitt added: “He’s progressed really well over the past few months and he really deserves this new contract.

“He’s learned off us all here by being with us daily. Being a professional goalkeeper, he’s coming in early every morning and working with us every day.

“He’s had plenty of gametime at Bamber Bridge, getting that experience of playing men’s football, which at 18 can be difficult.

“He’s being exposed to the physical challenges which the Academy doesn’t give you.

“We’re delighted to tie him down. It’s the reward for what he’s done so far but he’s got to keep progressing now moving forwards.”

FacebookTwitter

12. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to announce Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile has signed his first professional contract with the club.

The 17-year-old forward has penned a deal which will see him stay at Deepdale until at least 2026.

Felipe, who is in the first year of his scholarship at PNE, trains regularly with the first team and has been involved in a number of matchday squads this Championship season.

Felipe said: “I couldn’t be happier to be honest. I can’t wait to start this journey and improve every day.

“It’s my main goal right now to keep improving, keep working towards that debut and when the chance comes just grasp it and give it my all, and hopefully get a goal which is what I love to do.

“I just want to thank my family for all their support and helping me in the tough times and the good times as well.

“I want to thank the fans obviously. They’re really special to me because the messages they send me, I read them all. I really enjoy the passion of this club.

“I thank Ryan Lowe as well for the opportunity of being up here. Sometimes it is tough but he’s always helping me and the staff members as well.”

The youngster burst onto the scene in December 2022 when he netted a remarkable five goals in an FA Youth Cup victory over Rotherham United at Deepdale.

Felipe, born in Brazil to Argentine parents, went on to take part in the first team’s pre-season schedule at the age of just 16, getting on the scoresheet in three friendly matches.

He earned his first involvement in a Sky Bet Championship matchday squad on the opening day of the season, and was then recognised internationally when he was called up to an Argentina U17 training camp in September.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “It’s been a short and fast journey for Felipe really since he burst onto the scene but he thoroughly deserves this contract.

“He came up with us in pre-season, did really well, and he’s been with the first team ever since.

“Felipe’s a real asset for us because he’s got that quality. We feel he’s got a big future ahead of him but right now he’s just got to keep working as hard as he possibly can to get his first minutes for the first team.”

13. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Ali McCann has signed a new deal which will keep him at Deepdale until at least the summer of 2027.

The midfielder, who joined the club in August 2021, can now look forward to another three and a half years with North End after signing new terms.

Ali has featured in every game he’s been available for during the 2023/24 campaign, contributing to his total of 84 appearances for PNE.

Ali said: “I’m absolutely buzzing just to get it all sorted. To be fair, it was quite easy from start to finish, just getting it all done.

“I’m really happy here and just looking forward to the next couple of years.

“I’ve said loads of times before that it’s the perfect club for me to come down to.

“Settling in during the last couple of years was so easy. I’ve done interviews before when I’ve said the staff, the players, everyone, even the people who work at the training ground have made it so easy for me and I feel properly settled.”

Ali, now an established Northern Ireland international with 20 caps, had been with Scottish Premiership side St Johnstone since an early age prior to his deadline day move to Deepdale in 2021.

The 24-year-old quickly became a starter with North End and has enjoyed some memorable moments, notably a brace against Huddersfield Town and a match-winner in a big victory away to AFC Bournemouth in the 2021/22 season.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “Ali fully deserves the extension to his contract because he’s been excellent since I’ve been here, on and off the pitch.

“He’s a great character to have around the place, he’s improving every single day, and he’s still young.

“Once his agent had spoken to Peter [Ridsdale] and I’d spoken with Ali, it all moved quite quickly, which I think shows his commitment to Preston North End.

“He’s a real asset for us so we’re happy he’ll be with us for the next few years.”

14. themaclad

Leigh Lewis from Bromley to Crewe on loan

15. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Dai Cornell has signed a new deal to extend his stay until 2026.

The goalkeeper signed a two-year contract when he arrived at Deepdale in June 2022, and he’s now committed his future for another couple of years.

During his time with the club, Dai has made three appearances, including a Sky Bet Championship clash against Swansea City and a penalty save in a cup tie with Wolves.

Dai said: “I’m really happy and really grateful for the opportunity to extend my stay here, and fingers crossed we have some successful times.

“As a club within that dressing room and even in this [office] part of the building I think everyone wants to achieve the same thing and that is getting to the Premier League.

I think the club’s ready to do it. It’s just us as a playing staff and management taking that next step to push to get us there.”

Dai made his PNE debut at Molineux in August 2022 in the second round of the Carabao Cup and featured again this season against Salford City, before making his league bow for North End in the final away match of 2023.

Away from the pitch, Dai also plays a key role in the local community. He has supported and remains an advocate for Preston North End Community and Education Trust’s HeadStart programme, while he and his partner Shaunie played a big part in the club introducing the Hidden Disabilities Sunflower scheme at Deepdale.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “Dai’s been a credit to himself and the football club ever since he came in, and he really deserves this new deal.

“We brought him in to challenge Freddie [Woodman] and he’s absolutely done that. Every day they’re pushing each other to the limit working with Mike Pollitt and James Pradic, and that’s what we want.

“He’s a great character around the training ground too and a top, top professional, so I’m really pleased he’s signed on for another couple of years.”

16. themaclad

Preston North End can confirm an option has been exercised to extend Andrew Hughes’ contract for another 12 months.

The defender last signed a new deal at Deepdale in 2022 which extended his stay until later this year, and he will now remain a North End player until at least the summer of 2025.

Hughes, 31, first arrived in Lancashire in 2018 and has been used regularly when available, now just a few appearances away from hitting 200 for the club.

He said: “I’m over the moon with it. Just to have that peace of mind and to know I’ve got that extra year, I’m really happy with it.

“It’s my second home here. I’ve loved every minute of it so hopefully I can stay here as long as possible.”

The Welshman, who started his career with Newport County, has racked up 196 appearances for North End since his arrival from Peterborough United.

He’s scored seven goals during that time, including one this season – a header against Swansea City in August 2023.

Used predominantly as a left-back during his early days with the club, Hughes has shown his versatility by appearing at left centre-back and left wing-back.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m absolutely delighted for him and it’s great news for us.

“It’s important for us that we’ve got someone like him with us for another year. He’s been fantastic since I’ve been here and long may it continue.

“His performances, attitude and application have been different class so I’m really pleased his contract’s been extended for another year.”

17. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to announce Ben Whiteman has signed a new long-term deal with the club.

The midfielder was due to be out of contract at the end of the season, but he’s now committed his future to PNE.

Ben has been a regular starter since his arrival at Deepdale in 2021, having featured 133 times for the club and taken the armband on a number of occasions.

Ben said: “I’m really pleased it’s all done now because I only ever saw my future being here and now I can kick on with PNE.

“The fans have made me feel really welcome ever since I’ve been here. They’ve been different class with me, and so have the boys in the dressing room.

“I just want to say thank you as well to the owner, Peter, and the gaffer for helping to get the deal done.”

After joining the club for a significant fee from Doncaster Rovers, the central midfielder made his North End debut within a couple of days and soon established himself as a key player.

During his time as a Lilywhite so far, Ben has scored ten times, including goals in Lancashire derbies against Blackpool and Blackburn Rovers.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “I’m really pleased Whitey’s committed his future to the football club.

“We’ve been in discussions for a little while because we wanted to make sure the deal was right for both parties, and we’re all obviously pleased with the outcome.

“He’s shown his footballing credentials here in the past few years with the quality he possesses and by leading the team on several occasions.

“He’s a talented player who we feel can keep developing and help us in the next few years.”

O'Neil also heading for the exit door

18. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Josh Seary has signed a new contract with the club.

The young defender, whose deal was due to come to an end this summer, will now stay at Deepdale until at least the summer of 2025.

Josh, 19, made his professional debut for North End in August 2023 in a Carabao Cup first round clash against Salford City.

On the new deal, Josh said: “I’m over the moon really. I feel at home here so I’m just glad it’s all done really.

“I’ve got to thank the gaffer and the club for showing faith in me. Hopefully I can repay the faith by playing as many games as I can and showing the fans what I can do, hopefully before the end of the season.”

First Team News
    Josh Seary Keen To Show What He Can Do
    3 Hours ago

The right-back signed a scholarship with the club in June 2021 and at the same time agreed a professional deal which would be triggered once he turned 17.

Josh went on to feature heavily for the youth team, especially during the 2021/22 campaign when he helped them lift both the Youth Alliance League and Cup trophies.

The defender, who has represented Republic of Ireland at youth level, has been training with the first team all season and Ryan Lowe has recently said there may be a chance for him to feature again before the campaign is done.

The manager said: “He’s deserving of this new contract because he’s performed well every day in training.

“He’s a great asset for the club. He’s a young, enthusiastic player who’s been fantastic.

“He’s learning on a daily basis and as long as he keeps listening and learning, we believe he’s got a bright future here at Preston North End.”

19. themaclad

Preston North End are delighted to confirm Noah Mawene has signed a new deal with the club.

The 19-year-old, who joined PNE as an U13, has put pen to paper on a contract which will keep him at Deepdale until at least the summer of 2026.

Noah has made three senior appearances during his time as a professional at PNE, including two in the current Sky Bet Championship campaign.

Speaking after signing the new deal, Noah said: “I’m very pleased and very grateful. It’s another two years to have a really good go at setting up a career so I can’t complain.

“I’m just trying to still learn and I’m looking forward to it. I need to thank the club straight away for getting it done.

“The plan’s just to keep working and try to find a way now to set up a career in the next two years.

“The club have given me another opportunity to have a good go at it and the least I can do is work hard, give everything and have no regrets.”

The midfielder was consistently playing in age groups above his own as a teenager, before he signed a two-year scholarship in 2021, while at the same time committing to a professional contract which would be triggered once he turned 17.

Noah – who was part of the league and cup-winning double for the youth team in the 2021/22 campaign – went on to captain the U19s in the second year of his scholarship.

His senior debut came in December 2022 in a Lancashire derby victory over Blackburn Rovers, and the son of former PNE defender Youl has been in and around matchday squads ever since.

Manager Ryan Lowe said: “He’s been fantastic. He’s been training fantastically well, he’s learning every day, and you can see him getting better technically and tactically.

“We’re really pleased to tie him down. He’s a great lad, too. He’s one of the first in and last out.

“His attitude is right up there so if he continues the way he’s going he’s got a bright future here at PNE.”

20. themaclad

Following the conclusion of the 2023/24 Sky Bet Championship season, Preston North End can confirm the club’s retained list.

Captain Alan Browne has been offered a contract to extend his ten-year association with the club, while Ched Evans has been offered a player-coach role.

Midfielder Lewis Leigh – currently on loan with League Two Play-Off finalists Crewe Alexandra – has also received an offer from the club.

out.stream powered by ADITION

Ben Woodburn and Greg Cunningham will both be leaving the club after making a combined 247 appearances for North End, with the latter having spent six and a half years at Deepdale over two separate spells.

Four players coming to the end of their scholarships have had a one-year option activated to extend their time with the U19s, while six will leave PNE this summer.

Contracted Professionals

Ali McCann
    Andrew Hughes
    Ben Whiteman
    Brad Potts
    Dai Cornell
    Duane Holmes
    Emil Riis
    Felipe Rodriguez-Gentile
    Finlay Cross-Adair
    Freddie Woodman
    Jack Whatmough
    James Pradic
    Jordan Storey
    Josh Seary
    Kian Best
    Kian Taylor
    Kitt Nelson
    Layton Stewart
    Liam Lindsay
    Mads Frøkjær
    Milutin Osmajić
    Noah Mawene
    Patrick Bauer
    Robbie Brady
    Ryan Ledson
    Will Keane

Contracts Offered

Alan Browne
    Ched Evans
    Lewis Leigh

Out Of Contract And Released

Ben Woodburn
    Greg Cunningham

Loan Player Returning To Parent Club

Liam Millar

U19 Players With One-Year Option Activated

Cole McGhee
    Kacper Pasiek
    Kaedyn Kamara
    Tommy Davis

Second-Year Scholars Released

Callum Havard
    Charlie Goldsmith
    Ellis Horan
    Ethan Eccleston
    Izac Khan
    Tom Wilkinson

Everyone at Preston North End would like to thank the departing players for their efforts during their time with the club and wish them all the very best for the future.