1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League Championship. Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 6, 2021.

?

Finishing position?

1. Champions.

2. Runners Up.

3. Play Offs.

4. 7th-12th

5. 13th-21st

6. Relegated

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Good article. I’m going for play offs.

Championship 2021-22 season preview
    Ben Fisher
    Automatic promotion contenders
    Last season two relegated teams shot straight back up to the Premier League and it is difficult to envisage Fulham, Sheffield United and West Bromwich Albion not being in the mix in May. Fulham’s squad, led by Marco Silva, is arguably the strongest – Aleksandar Mitrovic equates to a cheat code (he has scored 38 goals in his past 57 appearances in this division) and the gifted Harry Wilson is an outstanding performer at this level – but their former manager Slavisa Jokanovic, now at Bramall Lane, is one of the best coaches to have graced the division in recent history.

Jokanovic can call on the majority of the Blades squad promoted two years ago, and Rhian Brewster can shine unburdened. West Brom haemorrhaged goals in the top flight but Matt Clarke will improve the defence and Alex Mowatt, reunited with Valérien Ismaël, will beef up the midfield. Matheus Pereira is set to depart but Grady Diangana, Karlan Grant and Callum Robinson will have defenders running back to goal. Bournemouth, Stoke and Middlesbrough,under the watch of Neil Warnock, who has eyes for a record ninth promotion, could provide the stiffest competition.

Play-off hopefuls
    Beyond the teams relegated from the Premier League, the bulk of rivals appear much of a muchness. Cardiff City possess a golden boot contender in Kieffer Moore but, crucially, will be supplemented by James Collins, and Ryan Giles is a shrewd loan acquisition from Wolves. Queens Park Rangers excelled from January and in Charlie Austin, who has re-signed permanently, they have one of the league’s most clinical strikers. Nottingham Forest were erratic last season but have a healthy spine and it would be foolish to rule them out given Chris Hughton’s pedigree.

Twelve months ago, Hull City were shrouded in doom and gloom after relegation and a run of one win in 21 matches but a buccaneering team, promoted as champions, return with a bounce; Randell Williams adds to an exciting frontline and the 22-year-old goalkeeper Nathan Baxter, who has played more than 150 games on loan from Chelsea, steps up another division. Swansea City, play-offfinalists in May,will hopethe appointment of Russell Martin will breathe life into what promises to be a challenging campaign after the exit of André Ayew, loanees such as Marc Guehi moving on and the expected departure of captain Matt Grimes.

please log in to view this image

Nathan Baxter, in action here for Accrington last season, has made Hull his latest destination on loan from Chelsea. Photograph: kevin Warburton - A Moment in Sport/ProSports/Rex/Shutterstock
    Millwall and Luton were short of goals last season but are upwardly mobile under Gary Rowett and Nathan Jones respectively. Both have tried to boost their attack, with Benik Afobe joining Millwall on loan and Luton turning to Cameron Jerome, who revived his career in League One with MK Dons last season. Elsewhere, Nigel Pearson has brought in a confidant in the former Leicester physio Dave Rennie at Bristol City and if they steer clear of so many injuries they could surprise after a poor campaign.

Relegation candidates
    Three months on from Wayne Rooney declaring more “mess-ups” could prove fatal for Derby County’s survival chances, there is anything but a sense of serenity before they kick off at home to Huddersfield,who finished a place above them after one win from their final 10 matches. A transfer embargo has hampered Rooney’s hopes of adding to a threadbare squad, though they are eligible to sign four players on deals until the end of the season, subject to a strict wage threshold being applied. Nine trialists, including Ravel Morrison, continue to train with the squad. To top it all, Rooney inadvertently injured one of the few contracted players, Jason Knight, when making up the numbers during pre-season training.

Reading are another team working with one hand tied behind their back – under embargo for a breach of profit and sustainability rules – and the exits of Omar Richards and Michael Olise are a blow after a disappointing end to last season, when they won one of their final 11 games. The outlook at Blackburn also appears bleak. It is difficult to envisage Adam Armstrong, who scored 29 goals last season, being in the Championship at the end of the transfer window and Tony Mowbray, having failed to add to their squad, presumably will again look to the loan market after Tosin Adarabioyo, Taylor Harwood-Bellis and Harvey Elliott impressed.

Adam Armstrong scored 29 goals for Blackburn last season and may not stay with the club. Photograph: Craig Galloway/ProSports/Rex/Shutterstock
    Peterborough,back at this level for the first time since 2013, have plenty of silk – no team scored more goals in the top four tiers last season – but whether they have enough steel remains to be seen. Coventry return to the Ricoh Arena hoping to consolidate in the second tier but must shore up at the back, while Blackpool, promoted via the play-offs, do not look armed to make the step up. Preston finished last season with a hurrah under Frankie McAvoy but a modest squad face an uphill task.

Three youngsters to watch
    Joe Tomlinson, 21, Peterborough Posh have form for plucking rough diamonds and the attacking full-back joins from non-league Eastleigh after a fine season in which he scored 12 goals. Trialled at Peterborough after his release by Southampton before spells with Yeovil, Brighton and Hungerford.

Brennan Johnson, 20, Nottingham Forest After a magical season on loan at Lincoln, whom he helped into the play-offs, the winger, son of the former Forest striker David, is set to make a splash in the second tier. On the fringes of the Wales squad and scored an 11-minute hat-trick in April.

Brennan Johnson, trying to escape a gaggle of Blackpool defenders with Lincoln, could make a splash with Nottingham Forest. Photograph: James Marsh/BPI/Rex/Shutterstock
    Joe Bursik, 21 Stoke City The goalkeeper, signed from AFC Wimbledon four years ago, has earned his stripes on loan. After spells at AFC Telford, Accrington, Doncaster and impressive stints at Peterborough and Lincoln last season, he is eyeing the No 1 jersey. Made his England Under-21s debut last November.

2. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

20th

Top end
    1. WBA
    2. Cardiff
    3. Fulham
    4. QPR
    5. Blunts
    6. B'mouth

Other end

19. Blackpool
    20. City
    21. Brum
    22. Millwall
    23. Luton
    24. Coventry

3. Roary's Smelly Head

Roary's Smelly Head Well-Known Member

going for a steady 16th. would be chuffed with that

4. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

7th-12th for me.I liked McCann's interview where he spoke of these lads being cut in half and bleeding Hull.Won't be an easy season but I think team spirit will count for a lot.

TwoWrights likes this.
  5. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

15th - 18th

6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Remember a journalist once saying that Alex Ferguson was so Manchester United through and through that if you cut him he would bleed red.<laugh>

7. Barchullona

I think we will have some games where we will look like world beaters and others where we look hopeless in-between games where play at the level we are at. Ending up 12tn to 14th.

8. highpeak tiger

highpeak tiger Well-Known Member

Pretty much agree with that, maybe a tad lower.

9. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

I think 14th

10. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

11. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Low down, not sure we have enough goals and still don’t think the manager is up to this level ., hoping to be happily surprised and proved wrong

12. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with a season of stabilization and consolidation.
    11th-13th would be my wish, and quite an achievement.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Anything outside the relegation zone I’ll class as an excellent season. I like the players recruited so far, but I think we are very light in experience at Championship level.

14. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Bloomin' heck, there's some right pessimists on here.

I've indulged in a little tasseomancy this morning and this is what the leaves are saying.

Early days to find thy feet,
    No grasp at greatness yet to greet.
    A watershed as nights grow long.
    A younger star to make thee strong.
    In winter chill a leader gone.

As Janus seeks to peer,
    At promise in a bleak new year.
    And hope may Spring unheard,
    As clear skies herald the returning bird,
    We'll finish towards the bottom of the middle third.

15. Hull

Hull Member

I think we'll get 16th.

16. Barchullona

The goal scoring would appear to be the main problem. But with the embargo due to a lack of forward thinking it is not one that will be easy to rectify.

17. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

13th-21st, staying in this league is a good season

18. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

My wish is promotion.
    My prediction is middleish of bottom third. We're too light in various ways for this step back up. 21st.

19. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Ditto !!!!

over18and legal likes this.
  20. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

Think we are two or three experienced players been off a team that would be top quarter in this league, however momentum, hopefully same team spirit can go a long way. For that reason having just gone up half way up would be decent for me in a division which has much bigger clubs than what we faced last season . Around 12th