1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Athletic vs. Hull City

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Holden Chinaski, Aug 20, 2015.

?

What Do You Think The Outcome Of The Game Will Be?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2015.
  1. Charlton Althetic Win

25.0%
  2. Draw

31.3%
  3. Hull City Win

43.8%
  1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Capture.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    Date: Saturday, 22nd August 2015
    Kick-Off: 3pm
    After slacking off on some dates with the aryan brotherhood*, neglecting duty to match day previews, I'm back for the Not606 preview on what we hope, would be an illustrious match against Hull City. We have certainly made our mark this season, our fourth game into with Luzon's band of merry men currently unbeaten and upbeat, despite back to back draws, the latter being very unlucky against Dougie Freedman's Nottingham Forest. Despite being unbeaten we head into our penultimate August Championship fixture against another relegated Premier League team for what will look like a tough match, quite possibly our first real challenge, that will determine the character of our squad.

The Opposition
    Hull City Tigers certainly are looking to bounce straight back into the Premier League, and anything less for Steve Bruce's men could be considered a disastrous season. They, along with Middlesbrough are currently the early pace setters in the SkyBet Championship having accumulated seven points, however we find ourselves not far behind. Hull City have an experienced manager at the helm, and have managed to keep quite a few of their Premier League players from the previous season, likes of Jake Livermore, Tom Huddlestone, Sone Aluko, Michael Dawson and former West Ham player Mohamed Diamé. What we can expect is a very tough test for us, against some experienced player.

Current Form
    Still early in the season to determine clear patterns.
    Capture3.PNG

Head-To-Head
    Capture4.PNG
    The last time the two teams met at The Valley was the exact same time three years ago, the season Hull City clinched promotion to The Premier League. This affair was quite the dull match, neither side scoring. The weather during that match was rather appalling which went on to ruin our pitch for the rest of the season.

The reverse fixture that season saw Hull City run out winners 1 - 0, a goal from Mohamed Nagy (Gedo) in the 33rd Minute. Recent previous encounters have not been high scoring games!

Line Up
    We've had quite a few chopping and changing occurring, with Ceballos replacing Ba over the last two games. Providing we don't have any injury concerns, I will expect to see the same line up as against the Forest match.
    please log in to view this image

**had to use another one as ShareMyTactics is currently offline

Odds
    Capture5.PNG

Unsurprisingly and for every time this season, the bookies are favouring an away win. Sadly this is the first time that I agree with them.

League Table & Fixtures
    Capture6.PNG Capture7.PNG

Outcome
    I fear this is one we won't be winning, but it won't be a high scoring game, going on previous encounters. I'm expecting a 0 - 1 win to Hull City.

But Still...... COYR! COYA!

*Tounge In Cheek!

2. Holden Chinaski

Not an hour passed and we have the following news. Not looking good for us on Saturday if it is true:

3. Bitter & Malicious

Bitter & Malicious Well-Known Member

I will be disgusted if Luzon continues with Ceballos instead of Ba. Several posters commentated that Cousins and Kashi looked tired against Forest. This would be because the two of them had been facing three tough midfielders for two matches while Ceballos minced about and entertained the crowd with his Komical Korner routine.

There is also the possibility of Solly and/or Diarra needing to be rested with another two games within seven days.

I cannot see beyond a Hull win.

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Watt and Solly are doubtful, Reza is out for a month. This leaves us with 2 strikers (one if you don't call Big Mak a striker) Ahearne-Grant although the Harriotts are available if Luzon has a change of heart. We are told the Ceballos can play up front, hopefully better than he is in midfield. As for RB we have Cousins as the logical replacement, he played there a lot in his younger days whereas Charles -Cook has always played midfield. At the moment our squad looks distinctly unbalanced, and the game looks a lot more difficult.

5. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

The team for Saturday

Pope
    Charles- Cook, Baeur, Diarra, Fox
    Gudmundson, Ba, Kashi, Cousins
    Makienok, Ahearne - Grant

Subs Mitov, Sarr, Bergdich, Caballos, Jackson, Harriott, Holmes- Dennis

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I wouldn't be opposed to Cebellos playing off Big Mak, as opposed to KAG. I still think he could do with a season long loan in League One (though I don't see that happening.

Great thread again <ok> Best of all the forums, by far.

If we are forced to make several changes then I fear for this game. A 1-1 draw at best, but I think we may well go down 0-1 or 1-2.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  7. ForestHillBilly

Assuming Solly and Watt are out,my team:
    Pope;
    Cousins; Diarra;Bauer;Fox;
    JBG; Charles-Cook; Ba; Kashi; Jackson;
    Big Mak.

8. Holden Chinaski

Can Jackson not play in defence? I remember when we first got him in on loan from Notts County, he was in that position.

9. Bitter & Malicious

Pope

Cousins (reluctantly at RB)
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Fox

(midfield diamond)
    Kashi
    Ba
    Bergdych
    Gudmundsson

Makienok
    Ahearne-Grant

No goals there. Can only see a 0-1 or 0-2 defeat even if we fight hard. Would be no reflection on those playing. Five points (and a cup win) is more than I expected after four games. Write this one off and start again at Peterborough and Wolves (hopefully with reinforcements).

subs:
    Mitov
    Charles-Cook
    Diarra (rested, not dropped))
    Holmes-Dennis
    Jackson
    Harriott (would have been Ansah)
    Ceballos

Weak bench showing how thin our squad is. We do not have an abnormal number of injuries. Other clubs have more out than us. Our squad is just not big enough.

Striker and RB cover needed now!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  10. Bitter & Malicious

A good LB when he could run. We are well off for LBs. I don't think he has played elsewhere in defence, and he has not impressed on the rare occasion he has played DM.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

There's always a goal in the team when JBG plays <ok>

12. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Another superb match preview, puts the rag bag efforts of certain other forums into perspective.

The likely starting line up on Saturday points to the folly of the owners non investment.

13. Leftbehind

Leftbehind Active Member
    Staff Member

going for another draw

14. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

But we don't know anything about Football on this Forum:emoticon-0102-bigsm. I totally agree with your last paragraph. We need another right back to cover for Solly. We need another winger and we need another striker. This has been the case now for a long while. Our squad is unbalanced. The front two tomorrow could be Makienok and Ahearne- Grant and Hull must be rubbing their hands together. Where are the goals coming from?

15. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I have had £25 on Hull tomorrow at 5/4 to cover my match day expenses. That pre match spam fritter will taste particularly good knowing that Big Si and little KAG cannot possibly score <cheers>

16. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Surely you would have Jackson in the middle and Bergdich on the left?

17. ForestHillBilly

I don't really know enough about Bergdich.

18. DonCorleone

I know he is a left midfielder so that's good enough for me. I never ever want to see Jackson on the left again, and play RCC in centre midfield for his league debut probably isn't the wisest move.

19. ForestHillBilly

That's where he's always played right through his development, very good he is too.

20. DonCorleone

I thought he was a wide midfielder?

Either way Jackson in the middle with Berg on the left is the stronger option IMO.