1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Athletic vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Jun 23, 2020.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

We always look like we'll concede and do, and these 2 games we have never looked liked scoring and don't. Eze and BOS both look a way off their best. Chair started well but faded I thought. Shodipo and Bettache did well.

2. peter1954qpr

peter1954qpr Well-Known Member

They have packed it in already,been on the plss all through the lock down,they all want sacking :headbang:

mcytiger likes this.
  3. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

We could do with middlesbrough and hull losing today, limping past 50 points again and watching other results

finglasqpr likes this.
  4. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Need to get rid of the deadwood and fast#Gutless

5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I have not seen the 2nd despite the thunderstorm during the barbecue.

I guess that I have not missed much to date?
    So the season is over.

We will NOT reach the play-offs and Should not reach the relegation zone, despite our best efforts. :)

As a result, I think that we should use the opportunity to “bleed” out youngsters.

Here I do not agree with with MW.

6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I have just seen the match stats.

We had the possession but nothing else.

If you do not create chances, you will not score!

7. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Hull winning away. We could get relegated with 50 points.

8. stick

stick Bumper King

Him and BALL are having a competition I think, neither fit for purpose

Steelmonkey likes this.
  9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

****ing hell lads let’s try and finish this waste of space run of games with a bit of self respect.

kiwiqpr and mcytiger like this.
  10. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I understand this 100%. I'll admit, I didn't watch today, I could have paid to watch, but not feeling my best so slept instead. Seemingly a good decision but disappointing to wake up and see the result. Having spoken to a few people who watched, and read through this thread, it seems like a continuation of the Barnsley performance, so not great.

No doubt the break has not helped us at all. Logic tells me that if you have a long mid-season break you should come back refreshed and ready to give it your all when you return. For some reason, that logic doesn't seem to work out in practice. From the other point of view, I could also understand that the team had gelled and were getting pretty sharp before the break, and that takes a while to find again. I don't know if this requires better training, a better attitude from the players, input from a sports psychologist or just the roar of a crowd to get them fired up. Whatever it is, I'd hope the whole coaching and playing staff will have a long sit down this week and work out how they can try and get some fight back, because if they have already given up on the season that is just not good enough.

Playoffs is a no go this year, we are too far off, not playing like a team who will make up the points. As for relegation, there is a slim possibility, not helped by Boro who have just beaten Stoke 0-2. I don't think we will drop that far, but it has to be a worry for next year.

Anyway, on we go, and we have to remember, we are QPR, we'll probably go and sneak a win against Fulham on Tuesday now. :emoticon-0112-wonde

11. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Same old same old, slowly sliding towards the chasing pack, two games against relegation candidates, two defeats, no goals, no passion, no ambition, no f*cking chance. How many seasons have we done this now? Before last week's game we were dreaming (?) of play-offs, f*cking deluded...

12. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

we are still recovering from the mismanagement of previous managers. glad we had 50 points so that should help, could be even better if foolham have their striker banned for Tuesday.
    Keep the faith...we are QPR we don't do things the easy way..

daverangers likes this.
  13. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I really can't understand why we've played so poorly in the last two games

The team looked really up for it at Preston, particularly when Cameron was sent off

We've had the same time as every other team to prepare for the restart, and whilst the chance of getting into the play offs was slim, you'd think that from a personal pride perspective the players would want to try to win every game

Unless of course they've been told to take it easy ahead of the new season - I'm guessing that that the break between this season and next is likely to be shorter than usual

14. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Positives I thought Shodipo, Oteh and Bettache came on and did well. Manning was streets better than last week. Kelly was OK with his rush goaling
    Chair, who before the Covid break was only playing 60 minutes...played 90 against Barnsley, 60 today and we are playing Foolham next week (tuesday?), so I understood why he was taken off...but boy did it pull us down. Eze is nothing without Chair

Eze and BOS were off kilter. Hugill worked hard, and missed our only real chance ...I still think it was quite a hard chance and he was stretching...and goalie did well. Hugill had no service, and no second man to lay it off to

The truly awful this week were Cameron, his passing was awful today he cost us a lot of good possession, Pugh who did nothing...Rangel was so much better. Barbet was curates egg..truly awful and then OK.

Hull and Brum eventually drew (hurrah) but Wigan won...We are going have to find another 6 points to be sure we are not pulled down by all these low teams winning..and 3 of them are not going to come against Fulham...who have to win, after losing today.

15. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Harsh on Pugh given he was released a week ago :azn:

16. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

We miss Wells asa plan B

17. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I can’t be arsed anymore

kiwiqpr, Uber_Hoop and WBA2_QPR3 like this.
  18. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Sorry Todd Kane.
    Four letter surnames... easily confused

I actually really liked Pugh.W one I was a bit sorry to see go

19. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Yeah, I’ve run out of tosses.

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I can hardly be bothered to comment on the football anymore...it’s all so ****

WBA2_QPR3, kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.