1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheeky bid for Torres ?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, May 21, 2012.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If RVP goes (Personally I think we should keep him for his final year if he doesn't sign a new contract) should we consider a bid for Torres?

He has publicly stated that he is unhappy at Chelsea and feels let down by them. He's had a torrid time at Chelsea, but more recently he's looking more like his old self. In the right environment he could flourish again.

If he does leave Chelsea, they are going to have to take a massive hit on his transfer. I think a bid of around £12m would be reasonable.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18139581

2. Cb

Cb Active Member

I wouldn't actually mind I think he'll do well here but I don't see chelsea selling him to us tbh.

3. Bergkamp a Dutch master

I agree - he was the real deal when on form. Would also have a point to prove.

4. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

This. He's starting to look a little better these days and I think if he left Chelsea he'd no longer have the massive weight of expectation that £50m brings. **** it, I'd like to go for him and keep RVP! Show our intent to the world.

5. suker_suker

suker_suker Well-Known Member

I was thinking that. I think he would score for fun playing for us, he's got pace and is lethal when he's on form. He'll also get much more playing time here than at Chelsea. Don't think the Chavs would sell him to us though, ****s.

6. Bergkamp a Dutch master

JJSB - we don't do ' intent' at Arsenal !!!! <laugh>

7. PeterRICK

Sadly true! :emoticon-0106-cryin

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If Torres is pissed of with Chelsea, he'll probably only want a move to another CL team. City can't even play all of their strikers (having to dish out charity case Adebayor to the spuds) so reasonably, it would probably be between us and Utd. (unless he moved abroad)

Apparently when he was at Athletico Madrid, he was keen on a move to Arsenal. It was only when Liverpool started throwing their cash around that he ended up there. Torres may have a desire to play for the Arsenal still. If so, we should take the opportunity with both hands.

9. Bergkamp a Dutch master

can't David Dein make a quiet phone call to his agent - you know sound him out?

It wouldn't be the club making the approach.

10. Cb

Cb Active Member

Hope you're right PISKIE

11. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Not really realistic Piskie, more on the imaginary scale. Getting back to realism, he looks to be getting back to decent form so won't be going nowhere. He will banging in those goals next season...

12. PeterRICK

I think it's doable if he's really unhappy. I think Piskie is laughing if he honestly thinks we'd get him for £12m. £20m and they might start to take us seriously, but only if he made it clear he wanted to leave.

13. Drudeboy

Drudeboy Well-Known Member

would be nice. great player. but chelsea would never sell him for below 30m, due to how much they paid for him. and we would never pay that much.

plus, with drogba most likely leaving, they need him to lead the line.

14. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I think it's all bluster. He just wants some more re-assurances that he'll be number 1. Unless Chelsea buy a new striker, he is nailed on CF as Drogba seems to be on the way out....

Even if he was available, we would never come in for him for money reasons. His wages must be quite high and we don't do high wages and they would expect something in excess of £20m-£25m....

15. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

Anyone got a Twitter / Blog? Can we not coordinate a day where EVERYONE starts saying that Arsenal are going to bid for Torres and try to destabilise the situation and get him to hand in a Transfer Request?

Enough Blogs & Twitter Feeds say it, the Newspapers pick it up.

16. PeterRICK

I agree. It was the first thing I thought when I saw the article. An offer from us though would make him think twice about the treatment he's received this season. I've a sneaky suspicion that Chelski are about to go money mad now (another reason I didn't want them to win the CL) and we'll see a powerhouse trio of Chelsea and Manchesterx2. If they bring in a new wealth of talent then who knows what will happen with their current crop of players.

17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah, I agree it is a bit pie in the sky. But Torres has said that he's unhappy at the way he's been treated at Chelsea and will discuss his future with them. If there's any chance he wants to leave, then I think we should be at the front of the que - but I do concede that £12m would probably be laughed off by Chelsea. I'm not sure we'd meet a valuation anywhere over £20m

18. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

We'd have the same problems that Chelsea have with him. We play a 4-3-3, he's not a 4-3-3 player, we'd need someone to get the ball to him, which we lack (Chelsea have Mata, and even that isn't working). He's not worth changing our whole system for.

19. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Funny I was going to write an article on the same subject.

I was thinking for all his flaws Wenger knows how to get his players confident and playing to their potential.

(just look at Adebayor, Arteta, Flamini, Ljungeberg, Anelka, Hleb, etc..)

Torres would find his old form under Wenger. People forget just how deadly a fully fit confident Torress actually is.

Could be a truly brilliant signing.

20. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

<doh> It wouldn't work. As i've already said, we play the wrong system, and don't have anyone to give him the ball. If we swapped to a 4-4-1-1 and signed Kagawa, then it could work, otherwise forget it, he'd be more useless than a chocolate teapot for us.