1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea - Liverpool Match Day Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

So, a real biggie of a test for the second game of the season. Cheaper with a team full of new stars and Liverpool looking to retain their crown.
    We’ve given them a good game every time last season but they were just that bit better. What can we offer at this early stage of the season?
    Teams and thoughts from you lot below. Here’s mine:

Kepa
    James Silva Rudiger Dave
    Kovacic Havertz Barkley
    Mount Giroud Werner

I know that’s a bit of an unusual lineup but I think it would be a more dynamic and attacking set up. We’ve got a few injuries so not really the formation I’d like to see but the players I’d put there aren’t available.

Lets hope for a decent showing today. My prediction 2-2.

KTBFFH

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sorry no one bothered to reply , happens too often on this almost dead site. In retrospect, we got it all wrong against Liverpool, especially the attitude. I'll go on record as saying we should play to win every game, never play "not to lose" football, and if we do lose, it's because we weren't good enough, not because we were too timid.
    This game had everything I dislike. Negative, clueless football and ultimately dumb tactics, with exactly the result we deserved. Despite that, with a tad more effort we were within a dopes roar of a draw. Bad work Frank, more conviction required against a definitely beatable Champion team.

3. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I think we all need to realise Frank for what he is. A manager who’s only done 2 seasons worth of managing. hes going to be a bit tactically naive at times and against an experienced manager will get shown up every now and then.
    Liverpool aren’t invincible and will have plenty of points taken off them this season.

4. The Ginger Marks

Frank will have learned enough about playing break away tactics against a team who move the ball around well. Clearly he was worried about playing a pressing game against a team whose attack is faster than our defenders.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

. Clearly he was worried about playing a pressing game against a team whose attack is faster than our defenders. Just about every team in the Prem.

please log in to view this image

6. The Ginger Marks

Showed again yesterday. :(