1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs Norwich

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by GozoCanary, Oct 19, 2021.

?

What will be the outcome?

1. Shock win for Norwich

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No shock win for Chelsea

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. Plucky draw

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Reading continue to storm up the league.

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Not taking up a contract extension probably didn't help

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

Anyone know if u23s are on YouTube tonight?

3. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Looks like our Toddy wants away. I thought he was a level headed lad but his attitude seems very negative and arrogant. Sell him ASAP

4. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

IF that is true, I completely agree. He won't actually be a loss because he's not contributing right now. Of course if he did come back into the team and started playing well, then he would be a loss, but I am not really fussed based on current status.

carrowcanario likes this.
  5. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Get £20m for him and get in a proven striker? Not sure what we would get for £20m though!

6. DUNCAN DONUTS

Farke in public is a softly spoken pragmatic gentleman, but behind closed doors he looks like he doesn't take any **** .

Tod and Emi were both put on the naughty step last season .

Buendia obviously had a gentleman's agreement that if he gets us promoted we would let him go , same with Tod.

I'm guessing nobody stumped up the money for Cantwell and he stayed .

You need hard working level headed professionals when you're in our position like Aarons , model professional.

IF Cantwell knuckles down and fights for his place then he deserves to be back in the team, ahead of Dowell ?
    Perhaps not.

Otherwise that shop window he's looking for will be in our reserve squad .

There is always room for redemption but we don't need moody toxic characters in the squad .

Score a hat trick tonight Cantwell and you'll be back in the good books .

For me his head went after Kenny's disallowed goal and he's not recovered mentally since.

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

We won't get 20m for him. I'm not even convinced he's worth half of that. Grass is not always greener, could be another Murphy type move.

CitySlicker2010 likes this.
  8. GozoCanary

GozoCanary Well-Known Member

Wow, I've just read Farke's comments. As Rob says, not subtle. Reads to me like a last warning - knuckle down, or rot in the reserves. And the big boys won't come looking for you then, Mr not-18-any-more.

EDIT: I found Farke's references to Ronaldo interesting. This must be his way of saying that no matter how much talent you have, it's worthless without hard work and a good attitude. If Cantwell has any sense, he will listen. Football history is littered with players who had talent, but not quite as much as they believed they had, and therefore never make it really big.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    carrowcanario and mike555 like this.
  9. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I watched Buendia for Villa last night and I have to say it is the worst performance I have ever seen from him. He was then subbed off on 65mins, and is only averaging 60mins per game this season.

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

I guess that big money move motivated him now he's lost his hunger

11. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Yep, but also he’s gone from a team which was designed to get the best out of him and played him in his best position to one where he’s not the main focus, he’s been played out of position and he doesn’t have two years of training with one striker in his locker meaning they know exactly how each other work.

I watched a bit of the match yesterday and there were a couple of good balls and clever plays from him, but his team mates were on a totally different wavelength.

12. DUNCAN DONUTS

Apart from Maddison I can't think if many players that left us and thrived .

Or managers , the Canary curse

13. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

He got his money, we got our money even if he hadn't wanted to go we needed to sell him to invest in the team. Wouldn't be surprised if it works out better for us than in does for him.

14. DUNCAN DONUTS

Tod has had flashes of brilliance for us but has never carried the team through games.

I seem to remember he was getting regular call ups to the England u21 squad up until his and Buendia's petulance last season, he's never been called up since.

When we got relegated instead of soul searching and self improvement he was just saying that he belongs at this level .

When we needed to fight and scrap for every point after the restart he was pretty much anonymous as if he accepted relegation, not the only culprit but his demeanour was very lacklustre.

I don't want to single him out and make him the whipping boy but he's not covering himself in glory , IF his personal problems involve clashing with Farke or refusing to train then he may have destroyed his career with us.

When you only have one local lad in the squad, I guess 2 if you count Gunny you would hope they would be more loyal and show more passion than players just wanting to play in England for a Premier league team .

The fact that he's been with us since under 10s comes from Dereham and supports Arsenal shows he's not a Norwich fan.

He likes to bleach his hair perm it and there's nothing wrong with that, but if you aren't doing anything on the pitch it looks like he's more interested in Instagram likes than winning games.

He has played a few good games this season but Farke is still chasing his first win since Leicester and needs players that are 100% committed to the cause , clearly Tod hasn't got the stomach for a relegation scrap and doesn't want to slum it in the Championship so is already angling for a move.

Rotting in the reserves will not get him many admirers and alarm bells will be going off about his attitude.

I think he believes he's on the same level as Grielish and some moneybags club will save him from us and make him a superstar.

I hope he turns things around

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

16. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As expected, Cantwell was ruled out by Farke yesterday. Would be nice to see Sorensen shine if he gets a chance (80th minute sub for Normann most likely, unless Rupp gets the nod)

Just read that Sam Byram had his first full week back in training, and seems like he came through that unscathed. Pleased for him. I wonder if him and Placheta might play for the development squad whilst they build fitness.

17. DUNCAN DONUTS

Gilmore no doubt has a clause that he can't play against his employers , that's been standard for a while .
    One of the Twitter comments suggests he's fallen our with Farke too. <laugh>

18. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

No Kante, Lukaku or Werner for Chelsea. Probably about as favourable a Chelsea lineup we could have played really.

Can we please ****house a 1-0 win? Sargent scoring off his ass from 10 cm out?

19. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

I would hope that the proceeds of these shirts go directly to Dan or a cancer charity .