1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Christmas, Boris and hypocrisy ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Dec 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

... it just gets worse.

I'm just watching the BBC News watching Boris Johnson saying he 'doesn't want to cancel Christmas'. Who the f**k does he think he is?

Christmas is an old religious festival over which Johnson has no jurisdiction. For anyone who actually believes, the festival will carry on with or without the permission of the government. And for anyone who isn't religious why would it even matter if they can't 'celebrate' the holiday.

If people don't believe in the true meaning of Christmas why would it bother them if it doesn't happen.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    robinoz and Jarrows tower like this.
  2. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

All he’s done is put out another bullshit, weak set of ‘guidelines’ so he can pass the buck to the public for his latest catastrophe.

Whilst schools and universities remain open, anything he says is hollow as ****.

3. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

The man is being shown for exactly what he is... A bullshitting buffoon. He has absolutely no idea about anything. Be that Covid, Brexit negotiations or whatever. The quirky "personality" is not cultivated he is a prima facie upper class twit.

4. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Yeah, we can celebrate Santa's birthday whether Boris likes it or not!

5. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Of all the well-off countries i think we have the worst death rate % of the population. Our economy has also taken the biggest hit compared to other most other developed countries.

So Bonko is not just useless he is worse than incompetent...

He always said covid 19 lockdowns to save deaths/protect the NHS had to be balanced with keeping the economy going...he has managed to produce the worst of both worlds.

As well as shelling out billions to chums..Test, Track and Trace still does not work.

6. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

And we are a ****ing island. We SHOULD have had the easiest job in Western Europe isolating it.

Incompetent is complimentary.

7. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

3C886A9C-BD4D-470B-9BC1-11148F6ED2F8.jpeg
    3C886A9C-BD4D-470B-9BC1-11148F6ED2F8.jpeg

8. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

yet khan is the one who wants to cancel xmass but is too chicken **** to put his name to it, and want the gov to do it for him , meanwhile Slimy Stammerer does whatever he thinks the gullible will believe, they are both a bunch of ****s , but the Tories are not a bad as the rancid left, Diane Abbacus out supporting Corbyns return from the ashes, there is one thing though the lovable labour had the biggest arse kicking in 80 years fact most of the country turned against labour Fact most of the papers and the BBC are too woke for their own good and distort every news article to paint the Gov in a bad light

Saf and master-simpson like this.
  9. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

I’m no fan but he’s making a better fist of it than Starmer or Corbin would’ve done.

Some o the pish being spouted on here is just that - PISH!!

Bart

Saf and Makemstine Roger like this.
  10. Sunderpitt

I agree about comrade corbyn...Starmer is brighter than bonko, mind so is a very stupid person...

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. BRMC

BRMC Well-Known Member

What a load of ****.

12. Makemstine Roger

whilst i have never seen their university results to compare, i would argue that Boris had to deal with the **** show handed to him Brexit, coupled with the biggest world wide crisis this pandemic has brought. So it is easy for Starmer to criticise from the side lines as he did not have the decisions to make but i have yet to see him come up with alternatives before the fact as any daft boy can come up with alternatives after

Sandy Camel, robinoz, mick65 and 9 others like this.
  13. Makemstine Roger

yes labours finest there's that as well good spot

14. Makemstine Roger

you will see that he talks a good talk but has nothing constructive to say. no policies and agrees that what the gov is doing is correct, quick to criticise but no resolutions.

mick65 and master-simpson like this.
  15. Makemstine Roger

yet another brilliant trade deal by Boris. And sticks it to Macron

master-simpson likes this.
  16. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

Well you've missed it on the 5th and 6th Dec, but can still celebrate it on 19th Dec.

St Nicholas beats the Queen's two birthdays, but still doesn't beat Christ's four birthdays though; 25th Dec, 5th, 6th and 19th Jan!

Plus we can officially go on celebrating Christmas right up to Candlemas on Feb 2nd, which is when I'm taking my decorations down this year!

I'm going to need our welsh Stage 4 lockdown just to keep me from having to drive anywhere, what with all this religious celebration to be getting on with.

Never mind ITU staff begging for lockdown, my liver is going to be begging for lent - Feb 17th

17. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Roger, man . . . . that's not what this thread's for <doh>

If you can't criticise Boris, stay away from it . . . . after all, we all know that Labour would have done so much better :emoticon-0148-yes:

Just think . . . . Cameron ran away and Terry May just allowed the Brexit problem to fester, hoping that there'd be another referendum 'cos the conclusive democratic vote needed help 'cos the electorate voted the wrong way !

Boris inherited the problem that others didn't want to deal with, but it's all his fault 'cos he brainwashed us and made us vote for it :emoticon-0148-yes:

On top of that Boris made that bloke eat the bat that started the worldwide pandemic, so it's his fault that we can't have a normal festive period :emoticon-0148-yes:

We can all see that anybody from Labour would have done a much better job in handling this unprecedented viral problem 'cos they would have, presumably, used different scientists and other top experts in various fields to those used by the government, and the virus would have been sorted by now.

It's so easy to criticise, like Starmer and other Labour members (and some members of the public who obviously know much better than the government) do constantly, but my bet is that these critics would have all made mistakes 'cos the current crisis really is unprecedented and nobody knows what we should have done from the start or even what's 100% right to do now :emoticon-0105-wink:

18. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Exactly mate, let's not forget we're all Santa's little helpers.

19. Sunderpitt

Iirc a few years ago the NHS under Jeremy Hunt wrote and published a detailed report Operation Cygnet (i believe it was called), on what to do when such a virus as Covid 19 happened. This said we needed stocks of PPE and should not rely on getting them from abroad. The stocks we had were run down to save money (before Bonko was PM). Thst particular care care should be taken with care homes, lockdown including Borders and test track and Trace used. Etc

For whats its worth Bonko has tried to steer a path between what the scientists have said and the economy, this has not been successful as we have a high number of deaths and a knackered economy.

Would say Starmer or anyone else been proactive (as say the NZ PM) rather than being late and reactive as Bonko has done, who knows, but the mistakes are plain to see.

Makemstine Roger and Robertson like this.
  20. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Nobody can deny that mistakes have been made, like with anything new (except government ministers who seem to find it difficult to acknowledge any) :emoticon-0148-yes:

I wonder how much of an outcry there would have been regarding the amount of money wasted if we'd stockpiled PPE in prepar
    ation and it hadn't materialised :emoticon-0112-wonde

The first part of my signature sums this up . . . . foresight, eh :emoticon-0105-wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.