1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cisse: the goalden touch has returned

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by James Bond, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Bond

James Bond Member

The result wasn't the one that Newcastle wanted but Papiss Cisse 's goal may well prove the most important thing to come out of Wednesday's Capital One Cup defeat at Old Trafford.

Having failed to hit the back of the net in his previous six appearances this term, the Senegalese striker took less than two minutes after coming on as a substitute against Manchester United to nod home Shane Ferguson 's inviting cross.

Against Norwich on Sunday, Cisse missed a penalty after his team-mates insisted that he took the kick in the hope that it would help him break his duck for the season.

But having got off the mark just three days later, the 27-year-old spoke exclusively to nufc.co.uk and said: "I'm very happy.

"For me, it was very good to score. I came on as a substitute and that was what I was here for so yeah, I am happy."

The difference in the striker's morale after his 62nd minute header was clear and he almost scored an audacious second with nine minutes to play when he controlled Shola Ameobi 's flick-on with his back to goal and set himself up for a stunning bicycle kick which struck the crossbar.

And he admitted: "Two would have been very, very good but a goal didn't happen that time."

Cisse conducted the interview in English before boarding the team coach - another sign that his confidence is soaring once again.

And when asked if he expected to score more goals now the first one of the campaign was out of the way, his reply was simple.

United's number nine - who hit 13 goals in 14 appearances last season following his arrival from Freiburg - broke into a huge grin and roared: "Yes!"

The rest of the Barclays Premier League has been warned.

2. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

Il say it is returning but nor there yet. If the golden touch was truly back that overhead kick would have been in the top corner

3. abc CissesCurriedGoat abc

abc CissesCurriedGoat abc Well-Known Member

He speaks Le Truth.

4. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Ok, so we'll have to struggle by with one striker in red hot form, one working his way up from good to magical, and HBA who is varying between 60% - 80% Messi.

5. MF SHAK

MF SHAK Well-Known Member

Took a bit of a deflection though did it not?

See what you mean though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.