1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread City v Peterborough (fans back in the KCOM)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by dennisboothstash, Oct 16, 2020.

1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Not outside in the stands though...oh no
    To be fair it looks a better way to spend your team card points than pencils cases and duvet covers

Following on from Members receiving their first round of TeamCard points this week, we’re delighted to offer our first exclusive experience that points can be redeemed against.

Price:
    Adults/Seniors: 3,500 TeamCard Points Per Member
    Children (Under 16): 2,500 TeamCard Points Per Member

This is your chance to experience a different kind of matchday at the KCOM Stadium when Hull City host Peterborough United on Saturday 24th October (KO 3pm) with a hospitality and dining package within the Kingston Suite.

Table reservations can be at a time of your choosing between noon and 2pm, with the table then yours for the duration of the afternoon. You can then enjoy a two-course meal whilst watching the lunchtime televised Premier League fixture between West Ham United and Manchester City, with the suite being hosted by one of our regular matchday hosts who will keep you entertained with competitions and prizes on offer.

You can then enjoy a live streaming of the main action as the Tigers take on the Posh as Grant McCann’s side look to continue their positive start to the season (unfortunately, Government guidance means we are unable to invite you into the stadium bowl to see the game ‘live’).

Afterwards, the bar will remain open and you’re welcome to stay and take in the televised tea-time kick-off when Manchester United face Chelsea.

Places are limited so, if you would like to book, please email [email protected] as soon as possible and include the following details:

- Your Name & Customer Number
    - What time you would like to book your table for (bookings can be made between noon and 2pm)
    - How many people you are booking for (up to a maximum of six per table) and whether they are adults, seniors or children (additional places can be booked for £35 adults/seniors and £25 children).

*obviously this isn’t the real MDT...Chazz can sort that out. Just thought it was worth sharing

newlandcasual likes this.
  2. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

Doesn't look a bad idea but highlights how utterly stupid the rules are when when your not allowed to pop outside and watch the game live where it's safer then a full room of people inside.

Any idea how to find out how many points you have, i have being watching the live streams ?

Newland Tiger and balkan tiger like this.
  3. dennisboothstash

I don’t, but I don’t think the streams have cost you any points actually?

4. dennisboothstash

If huge Perspex screens were put up across the front of the stands and the seats in the stands were refigured and put round tables instead, then that would presumably be fine to eat and drink and watch the game as far as covid rules go?
    Of course you couldn’t because the football ground crime of drinking while being able to see a pitch is far worse!

5. newlandcasual

newlandcasual Well-Known Member

I think maybe 2 streams i've watched from the club ? losing track what with the dodgy streams, think theese events will be popular, wonder what booze will be on sale seeing as your having a meal wouldn't matter even what tier the city is in.

found the answer to my question
    How Can I See How Many TeamCard Points I Have?

This can be done online at www.tigerleisure.com. If you already have a www.tigerleisure.com account linked to your Membership Card, simply log-in and you will be able to see how many points you have. If you have a www.tigerleisure.com account that isn’t linked to your Membership Card, please email [email protected] so that we can link your accounts up.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  6. Quill

Quill Bastard

This makes literally no sense.

As Newland said, how is having a bunch of people in the hospitality area safer than in the stand?

****ing ridiculous.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Not an mdt
    Fact

dennisboothstash and Quill like this.
  8. allowentry

allowentry Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for mine and still waiting for a reply requesting my card to be linked to tiger leisure.

9. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

We serve food at the ground. Could we not just rename the ground the KFC Stadium and claim we are a restaurant so it’s okay?

10. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

Anyone going to this? We've pulled out because they reckon due to high demand only members can go. We were going with a couple of mates who were paying the £35.

11. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Can't they apply to open each stand as huge open air restaurants, obviously selling substantial meals? Even have a complimentary one within the cost of admission, to ensure everyone partakes? Just needs some creativity here

12. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

askewshair and dennisboothstash like this.
  13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

They could be as creative as they like but everything has to be rubber stamped by the H@S brigade at Hull City Council....and you know what'll happen.

14. dennisboothstash

Couldn’t do it and sell alcohol no matter how supportive the Council would be.
    I was one threatened with ejection when I stood on the correct side of the ‘no alcohol beyond this point’ with a beer because, and I quote, ‘you can’t stand with a beer where you can see the pitch...it’s fire regulations’
    I did point out that it was highly unlikely to be fire regulations, if anything it might be safer than me standing there without a drink because at least I had a small amount of firefighting equipment with me, but if they could point me towards which particular regulation I’d be interested to have a read.
    They responded with helpful details...oh not hang on, I forgot, they actually responded by getting 2 more stewards, one orange coated one and a copper to threaten me with ejection instead.
    Discretion being the better part of valour I stepped 3 foot to the left to ensure I stayed in the ground, and that thousands didn’t die in a fire.
    To be fair someone must have actually listened though because they moved the signs to where they actually wanted you to stay behind.

15. Tickton Tiger.

Of course the stadium wouldn't catch fire during a rugby league match because the restrictions of consuming alcohol doesn't apply to the tubby lard community.

16. TwoWrights

TwoWrights Well-Known Member

I have quite a few books, and I've read some of them several times over. This week I'm again reading From Boothferry to Wembley, by someone or other. The first rugby league jibe in it is before the foreword, consistently is the key! :)

17. dennisboothstash

Lardist

18. Tickton Tiger.

I once had a one to one meeting with the bloke at the then Humberside County Council about his decision to restrict the capacity to the old East Stand at Boothferry Park for the Liverpool FA Cup game in the mid 80's.
    It was the clubs first opportunity for years to get a good crowd and Don Robinson said at the time they could have sold out 'four times over' Touts were asking £500 for a couple of seat tickets on he morning of the game, so it was a big deal at the time.
    The council severely restricted the capacity to touching 20,000 with the East Stand down to about 800 ( officially)
    The reason for the reduced capacity of the East Stand ? It was deemed a fire hazard although it was made entirely of concrete and metal with an asbestos roof. Open ends and openings to the back.
    I reminded him that there were no such restrictions at Blundell Park where the main stand was made completely of wood.
    He was the man responsible for the safety certificate at Grimsby Town too.
    He wouldn't budge on his decision and finished our meeting with a 'I'm more of an athletics man myself'

19. dennisboothstash

I’m fine with safety restrictions. I just think the people using them should be able to actually explain why they’re using them in an understandable way.

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It’s obviously nothing to do with fire, it’s the law and has been since 1985, they really should know this.