1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread City v United

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We won and played well, bar that last five minutes when we retreated into defensive mode.

The progress is clear to see, the imprvement on the ****e the previous manger dished up visible. This isn't suddently the finished article, it's a work in the first stages of its prgress and will (should) continue to improve as they play together. Then it's another window, another opportunity to refresh.

Some tought games coming up, starting Saturday. Let's see how we do against Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea and then we'll have a way better idea of where we sit in things.

2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

It’s rather too early to say that the progress is clear to see. I mean from the stable period of the previous manager (s) rather their downhill ****ing sh1t show of the second half of the season. Which is not difficult to improve upon. I remember some here trying to convince some of us sceptics that Rangnick had “clearly “ improved the team. And we all know what the eventual outcome was <doh>

What I hope to see is players having more game intelligence on the pitch. Horses for courses. The team tactics against City shouldn’t be the same as against Brentford or Everton. And I hope that they’ve learned the lessons from the City drubbing. When goals are flying in it’s time to change tactics and not wait until it’s 4-0 and game over.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ppl said Rangnick was here to do a job in terms of assessing the squad, players and recruitment. How you've twisted that to mean ppl claimed he'd improved the team I don't know. Having said that, he couldn't have done worse than Ole.

Are we really going to go round this merrygoround again? Does it still hurt that you were shown to be wrong about Ole that you have to persist with this bollox every few months?

Agree with the last paragraph btw so you're not a complete lost cause.

Diego and cytrax like this.
  4. Christiansmith

No, one or more of you said definitely did say that. As well as all the stuff you said. at the beginning of his stay. I can’t be arsed to go back to retrieve the posts. But no I am not coming up deliberately with this bollox every few months. You chose to make the cap fit you and face it you are more sensitive about it than I am. <laugh> Rangnick was a disaster which we are all agreed but no more talk about the ****.

It was not the point of my post which was to say that it is too early to pass judgement on the team. We’ve had a dreadful start but then recovered but then a big setback and then recovered slightly again against Everton. Of course it will take time and I as anyone else here want ETH to succeed.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've never said Rangnick was anything like you stated. I was just grateful 18 months of the debacle under Ole was finally put to bed when he was sacked. So I wasn't talking about me.

While you dwell on 6 months under Rangnick anyone in their right mind knows we wasted 3 years under OGS and should've recruited someone like ETH back in 2019. The fragility particularly in terms of confidence and mentality within that squad was bred into the team by 3 years of thick pea soup under Ole. Ten Hag has his work cut out <ok>

cytrax likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

CS is hellbent on pointing fingers at an “interim” manager in an effort to still validate the hero who was a great player but a terrible manager. Why is this even still a discussion?! <doh>

We should really not be talking about anything other than ETH at this point.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
    Treble and Diego like this.
  7. Christiansmith

This.

why the **** are we even discussing this ****? I made a passing comparison with Rangnick in terms of premature judgement and low and behold someone feels sensitive about it. I wish I hadn’t. No debate about it: Rangnick was **** awful. Let’s FFS not discuss it any further.

it’s all about ETH and the team of the present. No more ****ing discussion about that useless ****er <ok>

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think he remembers it every time he comes across his Ole duvet cover.

Funny thing is I agree about the rest. Players do need to have more game intelligence. The tactics against City shouldn’t be the same as against Brentford or Everton. It's how the team will grow in ability and confidence.

9. Christiansmith

haha. Same as when you come across your Rangnick duvet cover <whistle>